Author Topic: New Rigol DS1054Z oscilloscope  (Read 2057641 times)

Offline maxastuto

• Contributor
Re: New Rigol DS1054Z oscilloscope
« Reply #1875 on: November 16, 2015, 11:14:10 am »
 :)ok many thanks!  :palm:you can use the Ultra Sigma software in windows? Or you need Linux? You must use wireless LAN or you can also connect USB?
Then the word * IDN?
It should be replaced with: SYSTem OPTion Uninstall
Words have the letters in upper case and the lower case?
There are the spaces between the 3 words?
Excuse me, but are not practical writing with SCPI commands

Offline rolycatTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1876 on: November 16, 2015, 04:48:51 pm »
:)ok many thanks!  :palm:you can use the Ultra Sigma software in windows? Or you need Linux? You must use wireless LAN or you can also connect USB?
Then the word * IDN?
It should be replaced with: SYSTem OPTion Uninstall
Words have the letters in upper case and the lower case?
There are the spaces between the 3 words?
Excuse me, but are not practical writing with SCPI commands

Have you followed the link provided by Fennec a few posts back to alsetalokin4017's very informative reply #1346? This should answer most of these questions.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 07:21:15 pm by rolycat »

Offline maxastuto

• Contributor
« Reply #1877 on: November 16, 2015, 10:33:46 pm »
 :-+ :-+ ;) many many thanks rolycat! I solved the problem! it's very very simple , but i 'm confusion!
With Ultra sigma and lan connection i envoyed SYSTem:OPTIon:UNINSTall and click send command
in the display oscilloscope appeared " Option unistall success! After i connect link to web for key generator and repeat again the procedure:
insert the serial number product oscilloscope, insert the code option DSER and receive the new  serial number with the last two groups alphanumeric different from the previous one. I insert the key code with  the manual mode with knobs of the front panel oscilloscope and ... BINGO the procedure it's succefully!!! Il the list of options "official" not appeared the function 500mV... it's correct?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 10:35:59 pm by maxastuto »

Offline Orion12

• Contributor
« Reply #1878 on: November 17, 2015, 12:02:13 am »
BINGO the procedure it's succefully!!! Il the list of options "official" not appeared the function 500uV... it's correct?

I think the Reason this Question on the 500uV / DS1054Z Functionality has come up Repeatedly is BECAUSE their has Not Been Enough SPECIFIC Data posted on EXACTLY What Problems setting this 500uV Option ON will produce on the DS1054Z . . . ? ? ? ( I know I also Posted about this Question )

It's been mentioned on this thread that the DS1054Z does NOT have 500uV Hardware support . . . Rigol obviously Makes this AVAILABLE in the Options Menu so WHAT Happens IF this Option is Turned-On ?
Does it Lock-Up the Scope or Create OTHER Problems ?
Or does it Simply Not Accurately Display 500uV Signals & Voltages at this 500uV / Division Setting ?

If SOMEONE could Please post some further DETAILS on this Topic . . . This confusion could be dispelled . . . Many Thanks & Cheers from Orion12  :-+
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 12:38:33 am by Orion12 »

Offline Shock

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1879 on: November 17, 2015, 12:37:49 am »
It's not a hardware supported option, it's been discussed many times over.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 09:16:02 am by Shock »
Soldering/Rework: Pace ADS200, Pace MBT350
Multimeters: Fluke 189, 87V, 117, 112   >>> WANTED STUFF <<<
Oszilloskopen: Lecroy 9314, Phillips PM3065, Tektronix 2215a, 314

Offline MarkF

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1880 on: November 17, 2015, 12:48:32 am »
My understanding is two fold. 
  1)  A lot of noise in the 500uV/div setting, and
  2)  The 500uV/div setting is NOT calibrated.  You may not even be able to see the trace or adjust it to be on the screen.

I think the Reason this Question on the 500mV / DS1054Z Functionality has come up Repeatedly is BECAUSE their has Not Been Enough SPECIFIC Data posted on EXACTLY What Problems setting this 500mV Option ON will produce on the DS1054Z . . . ? ? ? ( I know I also Posted about this Question )

It's been mentioned on this thread that the DS1054Z does NOT have 500vM Hardware support . . . Rigol obviously Makes this AVAILABLE in the Options Menu so WHAT Happens IF this Option is Turned-On ?
Or does it Simply Not Accurately Display 500mV Signals & Voltages at this 500mV / Division Setting ?

If SOMEONE could Please post some further DETAILS on this Topic . . . This confusion could be dispelled . . . Many Thanks & Cheers from Orion12  :-+

NOT A CHANCE.  Because people are unwilling to read!  This has been discussed on page 113 of this thread.  ONLY 14 pages back!

Sorry but I count how many times this has been discussed.

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1881 on: November 17, 2015, 11:15:37 am »
  2)  The 500uV/div setting is NOT calibrated.  You may not even be able to see the trace or adjust it to be on the screen.

I think the Reason this Question on the 500mV / DS1054Z Functionality has come up Repeatedly is BECAUSE their has Not Been Enough SPECIFIC Data posted on EXACTLY What Problems setting this 500mV Option ON will produce on the DS1054Z . . . ? ? ? ( I know I also Posted about this Question )

It's been mentioned on this thread that the DS1054Z does NOT have 500vM Hardware support . . . Rigol obviously Makes this AVAILABLE in the Options Menu so WHAT Happens IF this Option is Turned-On ?
Or does it Simply Not Accurately Display 500mV Signals & Voltages at this 500mV / Division Setting ?

NOT A CHANCE.  Because people are unwilling to read!  This has been discussed on page 113 of this thread.  ONLY 14 pages back!

Correct, it has been discussed many times. These are my findings:

The 500uV is derived digitally, the ADC resolution doesn't improve, so you get to see the discrete ADC steps very obviously on the display.

The DC offset isn't calibrated out: in my case, one channel's not too far off, but the other three are miles out, and some are so far out they cannot be manually pulled onto the display at all.

Offline Orion12

• Contributor
« Reply #1882 on: November 17, 2015, 12:51:09 pm »

I think the Reason this Question on the 500uV / DS1054Z Functionality has come up Repeatedly is BECAUSE their has Not Been Enough SPECIFIC Data posted on EXACTLY What Problems setting this 500uV Option ON will produce on the DS1054Z . . . ? ? ? ( I know I also Posted about this Question )

It's been mentioned on this thread that the DS1054Z does NOT have 500uM Hardware support . . . Rigol obviously Makes this AVAILABLE in the Options Menu so WHAT Happens IF this Option is Turned-On ?
Or does it Simply Not Accurately Display 500uV Signals & Voltages at this 500uV / Division Setting ?

Correct, it has been discussed many times. These are my findings:

The 500uV is derived digitally, the ADC resolution doesn't improve, so you get to see the discrete ADC steps very obviously on the display.

The DC offset isn't calibrated out: in my case, one channel's not too far off, but the other three are miles out, and some are so far out they cannot be manually pulled onto the display at all.

Many thanks for this Level of Detail & Understanding of this Topic . . . For ME this Answers most of MY Questions . . . This Of Course LEAVES the Question . . . CAN a CALIBRATION METHOD BE DEVELOPED ?

For NOW I'm NOT Going to OPT for the 500uV Option when I receive my NewBee DS1054Z which should come in Thursday . . .  :scared:

Thanks Again for EVERYONE's Attention & Response to this Question . . . Cheers from Orion12  :clap:

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1883 on: November 17, 2015, 12:54:16 pm »
Many thanks for this Level of Detail & Understanding of this Topic . . . For ME this Answers most of MY Questions . . . This Of Course LEAVES the Question . . . CAN a CALIBRATION METHOD BE DEVELOPED ?

For NOW I'm NOT Going to OPT for the 500uV Option when I receive my NewBee DS1054Z which should come in Thursday . . .  :scared:

Maybe you can use it to investigate your keyboard. The caps lock key seems to have an intermittent fault.

Offline Gabri74

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1884 on: November 17, 2015, 02:59:24 pm »
Maybe you can use it to investigate your keyboard. The caps lock key seems to have an intermittent fault.

:-DD  You just made my day, thanks!

Offline MarkF

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1885 on: November 17, 2015, 03:38:04 pm »

Sure it can.  You need to get a software developer job with Rigol...... ;D

Offline timofonic

• Frequent Contributor
  • Eternal Wannabe Geek
« Reply #1886 on: November 17, 2015, 11:09:14 pm »

No! He would remove all the Rigol "fun" and get totally insane in the process. And finally the firmware would end  totally broken, not because of you but their insane ways.

Offline Datman

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1887 on: November 19, 2015, 04:22:50 pm »
People are unwilling to read!  This has been discussed on page 113 of this thread.  ONLY 14 pages back!

The problem is that in this forum there is a thread for all about a device, then if someone has "something" to do in his life other than reading the forum he can't read ALL the posts looking for a topic... :)

Offline MarkF

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1888 on: November 19, 2015, 04:57:42 pm »
People are unwilling to read!  This has been discussed on page 113 of this thread.  ONLY 14 pages back!

The problem is that in this forum there is a thread for all about a device, then if someone has "something" to do in his life other than reading the forum he can't read ALL the posts looking for a topic... :)

Hence, the SEARCH button!

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #1889 on: November 19, 2015, 06:13:11 pm »
Hence, the SEARCH button!

Be sure to use the Search link in the navigation menu near the top of the page. The search box isn't as effective.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1890 on: November 19, 2015, 06:17:05 pm »
Also the search in the thread will find more results than the main page search, but you can use that one to find the threads where something its been discussed.

Offline timofonic

• Frequent Contributor
  • Eternal Wannabe Geek
« Reply #1891 on: November 19, 2015, 06:39:09 pm »
The forums needs wiki integration. Here's a WIP post explaining it, I'll expand and bump it once finished.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 07:09:21 pm by timofonic »

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1892 on: November 19, 2015, 07:01:06 pm »
The search box isn't as effective is completely useless.

FTFY.

I use google. Just google "EEVBLOG xxxxxx" and you'll get a far better result than the forum search.

Offline MAS3

• Contributor
« Reply #1893 on: November 19, 2015, 10:09:18 pm »
Add this to your Google search.

site:eevblog.com/forum

Works with any site, of course.
I'm not sure the /forum part will actually work, but it seemed to do so when i just tested it.

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #1894 on: November 19, 2015, 11:24:48 pm »
Yes, site: works with domain and any partial path information desired to refine the search scope.

e.g.,

site:eevblog.com searches all of EEVBlog
site:eevblog.com/forum searches all pages that begin with eevblog.com/forum
site:eevblog.com/forum/testgear searches all pages in the Test Gear forum
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline Orion12

• Contributor
« Reply #1895 on: November 20, 2015, 12:59:30 am »

If I did that THEN I'd Be Feeding the Conventional Corporate Money System . . . We ALL Know Where that Leads . . . ( You know - Retirement on a Private Island - Maybe in Your Dreams )

No! He would remove all the Rigol "fun" and get totally insane in the process. And finally the firmware would end  totally broken, not because of you but their insane ways.

Another APPLICATION Might Be to Use ALL this "Brain Power" & "Expertise" from Forum Members to "Engineer" the Ultimate Affordable Multi-Scope and THEN Open-Source it Out for Mfg Worldwide . . .
Keeping in Mind of Course that ALL Designs of Potential Futures / Simply Start with an Idea . . .

btw : I just recieved my NewBee Rigol DS1054Z or should I say DS1104Z 100Mhz Scope . . . What a Nice New Techie Toy . . . Thanks again for ALL of Your Inputs & Advises :clap:
Cheers from Orion12  :)

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #1896 on: November 20, 2015, 01:14:59 am »
btw : I just recieved my NewBee Rigol DS1054Z or should I say DS1104Z 100Mhz Scope . . . What a Nice New Techie Toy . . . Thanks again for ALL of Your Inputs & Advises :clap:
Cheers from Orion12  :)

I'm GLAD you are ENJOYING it! I like mine ALSO - even WITHOUT the hack it is BETTER than I expected.

:-+ :clap: 8)
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline Karel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1897 on: November 20, 2015, 07:37:31 am »
Even better, use Google and write: site:eevblog.com/forum/ your search string

Offline crispy_tofu

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1898 on: November 20, 2015, 08:38:16 am »
@Karel, look 4 posts up  ;)

Offline Datman

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1899 on: November 20, 2015, 09:41:05 am »
...but do you think that a well-structured forum would be too simple to use?  ;)
Look, i.e., at homestudioitalia forum: there is a thread for each topic, then you don't have to fish for something in a vegetable soup  :D
In Test Equipment there would be a sub section >DSO, then >Rigol, then >DS1054Z issues / DS1054 mods / DS1054 hits and in each one a thread for each topic, in which each one talks about the same thing!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 10:06:32 am by Datman »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf