Author Topic: FY6900 Signal Generator USB PC interface  (Read 3636 times)

Offline pman92Topic starter

• Contributor
FY6900 Signal Generator USB PC interface
« on: January 14, 2022, 05:53:56 am »
Hey guys,
I've got a FY6900 signal generator. It has a USB port which is apparently used to connect to your PC, and there is software you can use to control it, or control it over USB serial.

I've seen the software in youtube videos - "DDS signal PC software". It probably came on a disc when I bought it that I've long since lost. But I cannot find a download for it anywhere on the internet.

I did find the "Host Computer Communication Protocol Specification" PDF from Feeltech online. I tried opening Putty at both 115200 and 9600 baud and sending a few commands, but nothing worked.

My unit has the following under the system menu:
Model: FY6900H-100M
Version: V1.3.1.3

Can anyone help me out? Getting this working over serial will save me a ton of time.

Cheers

Offline pman92Topic starter

• Contributor
Re: FY6900 Signal Generator USB PC interface
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 06:07:20 am »
I ended up finding the PC software (it was included with the download labelled as user guide on the feeltech website, but that wasnt really made clear).

When I open the software and connect the USB cable, I get a "Runtime error 380 - invalid property value". It lists the model (MODEL:FY6900H-100M) and COM port in the bottom RH corner. But nothing works.

Offline MarcFinns

• !
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2022, 10:05:21 am »
I just bought the device and i have the same issue.
Did anyone solve it? thanks!

Offline pu6k1n

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2023, 04:38:14 pm »

Offline Nobody4356

• !
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2023, 12:32:31 pm »

Offline PinheadBE

• Regular Contributor
  • Pinball Freak
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2023, 01:42:20 am »
Which OS are you using ?
AFAIK, the unit uses a CH340A chip for USB connection, and some unsigned drivers for that chip are no longer supported by Win11
Please keep our planet clean

Offline RAPo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2023, 07:34:13 am »
I ended up finding the PC software (it was included with the download labelled as user guide on the feeltech website, but that wasnt really made clear).

When I open the software and connect the USB cable, I get a "Runtime error 380 - invalid property value". It lists the model (MODEL:FY6900H-100M) and COM port in the bottom RH corner. But nothing works.

Most probably a locale settings on your PC , ie '.' versus ',' setting.

Offline hankst

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2023, 12:15:51 pm »
Hi, I was running into the same problem (error 380).
I think I have now a rough clue what’s going on.

The problem seems to relate only to the 100MHz version.
Initially I thought it is a hardware problem with the MCU Uart.
But I finally could establish stable connections via TTL-Uart (external Usb-Uart-Adapter) as well as via USB-Com-Port (the internal CH340N USB-Uart-Adapter).

So it is only the PC software that crashes after a short period of communication with the device.
It seems the software cannot handle the potential high frequency values. There is probably a number overflow (would explain also the negative sign in the channel 1 frequency). This overflow might happen in an internal variable storing the current frequency. But more probably the problem is in the frequency Ui control since this needs to get initialized with the maximum possible value to define the scroll bar range.

I found a workaround to use 99 percent of the PC software. That is to just reduce both channel frequencies to zero before starting the software. With that workaround the software starts without error and works as expected except it is still not possible to change the frequencies.

Hope that helps anyone.

Offline ledtester

• Super Contributor

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2023, 06:14:32 pm »
you have a version 3.8  of the ch340 341 drivers, it resolved many issues in windows for me, it was most of the time unable to connect

https://wch-ic.com/search?q=CH340&t=downloads

Offline mikejm

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2023, 01:57:17 am »

The Arduino IDE works for me. I use the serial monitor under tools set at 115200. board is wifInfo and the port must be set. Use the Host Computer Protocol Specification. Most commands work the way all the other FY6900's work but Frequency commands are different on the FY6900-100M. In the other AWG's the decimal point is not used sending commands. Note the FY6900 display- The decimal point is assumed to be between 1KHz and 100Hz (000'000.000'000'000).
                                                                                                                                                             ^ Note
For the 100M version the decimal point is used and is necessary the way they solved the problem. The decimal point is between 1Hz and .1Hz (000'000'000.000'000).
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                ^ Note
If you send a WMF 54.32 command the AWG will change to 54.32Hz. Sending WMF123.456789 will change channel 1 to 123.456789Hz. If you send WMF0.0 clear the Frequency of Channel 1. There are bugs in their chosen solution. If you send WMF100000000. to set the AWG to 100Mhz it will display properly on the FY6900 display but send a read command (RMF) and the response will be all zeros.

You can also make the DDS Signal PC Software more-or-less work. This is how I get it to work
1 don't start the pc software
2 Plug the USB cable into the FY6900 and turn it on
3 Turn off channels 1&2
4 Turn off the FY6900 by using the button on the front of the unit
5 Start the PC Software
6 When it starts turn off channels 1&2 on the software, Delete any frequency minus signs, Don't delete decimal points but you can delete most of the zeros.
7 Turn on the FY6900 by the front button. The PC software MUST remain with (right bottom corner) MODEL: blank PORT:No Connected
8 Try turning on and off channel 1. For me the software find the FY6900 and Although none of the settings are synced they can be byt changing them on the PC.

Note that the Frequency and the decimal point work yet another way The Decimal point is between 1MHz and 100KHz.
Play with it if it runs for you and you will figure out how it works.

I hope this is helpful.

The following users thanked this post: ledtester

Offline Atlan

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2024, 10:16:22 am »
That's nice, but it doesn't help because it doesn't load what device is connected and what firmware it has. Yes, it can be controlled, but that's all, no firmware update.  |O
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.

Offline Bravo

• Contributor
  • This won't take long .............................
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2024, 01:17:40 am »
I had the same problem. I have 2 Toughbook laptops. 1 has Norton antivirus , the other does not. Norton must be interfering with the driver. The one without Norton works fine, but you do have to load the driver before installing the program. I have 2 of these FY6900 units which I control via a PIC chip. Unfortunately the one I bought 2 weeks ago has a fault. The frequency cannot be controlled by the USB program, all the other settings can be. I have sent some emails to Feeltech about this & asked if they have firmware that might fix this. They are not answering. 

Offline flaotte

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2024, 11:26:28 am »
where did you find software to control it from PC? Mine arrived without CD disk...

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2024, 12:03:30 pm »
where did you find software to control it from PC? Mine arrived without CD disk...
Doesn't this work?
http://en.feeltech.net/index.php?case=archive&act=list&catid=6&page=1

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf