Author Topic: New Siglent 3000 series DMM?  (Read 16982 times)

Offline tinhead

• Super Contributor
    • If you like my hacks, send me a donation
Re: New Siglent 3000 series DMM?
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2014, 12:56:50 pm »
ADMIN ANNOUNCEMENT:
Hmm, it seems that the following users share the same IP:
FLY_2009
wayne
Herman
Terry
kebogen

As well as the official Siglent user here "Siglent".

congratulation Dave, you have now some Siglent engineers/supporters/contractors/OEMs with access to Siglent VPN, using Siglent corporate IP  :palm:

One of the listed users had USA as their country.

so what? i'm located in europe, but can login over VPN to my customers in NA or APJ. And when i apears on forum only while i'm on corporate network, then you will never ever see different IP. So where is the problem? Herman posted so many internal pictures (before other did even recieved any new siglents) that everybody could recognize him at least as contractor/dealer/engineer somehow associated with Siglent. But still, where is the point? Sure, they have "Company account" as well, but did someone know their company policy? Is it allowed to them to discuass anything when loged-in with company account? I doubt that.

Sure, one can think "ohh, they compiled a story a crosspost it with multiple users", but it can also be that EEs (or who ever they are) working on these gears (or for that company) have their own opinion and posting own things - with private accounts. Even such statement means nothing :

Hi Guys, I found this on the Siglent Chinese website

he can still be distributor/contractor with access to Siglent VPN, and he don't need to be aware of Siglent new models (especially when they not designed for western markets).
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2014, 01:24:18 pm »
ADMIN ANNOUNCEMENT:
Hmm, it seems that the following users share the same IP:
FLY_2009
wayne
Herman
Terry
kebogen

As well as the official Siglent user here "Siglent".

congratulation Dave, you have now some Siglent engineers/supporters/contractors/OEMs with access to Siglent VPN, using Siglent corporate IP  :palm:

Sorry, but that doesn't explain the likes of FLY_2009's posts.

None of these users have posted about anything but Siglent hardware.. and all from the same IP. Sorry, it stinks.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 01:28:29 pm by Monkeh »

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2014, 01:58:03 pm »

Then explain why the main Siglent account primarily uses a different IP? (but occasionally the one in question)
Also, the same IP has been used by two former users (or the same user) who got banned for spamming Siglent products.

he can still be distributor/contractor with access to Siglent VPN, and he don't need to be aware of Siglent new models (especially when they not designed for western markets).

Why would a reseller (who likely sells many other brands) surf the net all the time through a suppliers VPN? I'm not the worlds greatest penguin, but this doesn't make sense.
And in any case, if they are resellers then they need to declare this. But no, they have Yahoo email accounts.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 02:01:26 pm by EEVblog »

Offline GeoffS

• Supporter
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2014, 02:12:51 pm »

One of the listed users had USA as their country.

so what? i'm located in europe, but can login over VPN to my customers in NA or APJ. And when i apears on forum only while i'm on corporate network, then you will never ever see different IP. So where is the problem?

You missed the bit where I said that Country Flags are set by the user.  Nothing to do with IP addresses.
Why would you claim to be from another country when you can just leave the country selection blank?

Offline tinhead

• Super Contributor
    • If you like my hacks, send me a donation
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2014, 02:16:07 pm »
Then explain why the main Siglent account primarily uses a different IP? (but occasionally the one in question)
Also, the same IP has been used by two former users (or the same user) who got banned for spamming Siglent products.

ok, an IP is not the same as spam IP. But that what one could not see from your posting before.

Why would a reseller (who likely sells many other brands) surf the net all the time through a suppliers VPN? I'm not the worlds greatest penguin, but this doesn't make sense. And in any case, if they are resellers then they need to declare this.

Dave, my wife would say "go to real work" hehe, honestly, why i would use my company network while i'm "working" and not my private network when at home with kids ... hmmm.

But no, they have Yahoo email accounts.

yeah, that didn't make sense , indeed

None of these users have posted about anything but Siglent hardware.. and all from the same IP. Sorry, it stinks.

so what? Did you checked my posts? About 1000 only about Hantek/Tekway, so i must be Tekway/anek puppet.

There is nothing wrong when ppl working for Siglent (or any company) are posting their private opinion. And this can, and actually it will be very often, "we are great" kind of statement, no matter what company/country. And believe me, lot of such statements are made by ppl thinking "my company, if they see what i posted, will be happy about" (which is of course the opposite situation in any company/country with ppl having avg IQ over 100 (i lowered that number a bit, any marketing book would have here 120 or so)

One will find always usefull things, e.g. things that Herman posted, some 50/50, e.g. from kebogen and some complettly useless from marketing? puppets trying to i dont know, earn a dollar?, like these from Terry, wayne, FLY_2009. Maybe these 3 users are simply one stupid user, hoping to earn a dollar :P Anyway, i would say ban them, together with Siglent account. They have to learn - or investigate a bit who is that stupid cow (in case all these posting not an order from smart marketing puppet).
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 03:15:37 pm by tinhead »
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2014, 02:27:41 pm »

so what? Did you checked my posts? About 1000 only about Hantek/Tekway, so i must be Tekway/anek puppet.

You're not one of a small group of users posting from the same IP with absolutely no other participation.

Offline iRad

• Regular Contributor
  • Are you sure it's safe?
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2014, 04:07:48 pm »
There is nothing wrong when ppl working for Siglent (or any company) are posting their private opinion.

When and/or if one person, from multiple accounts, is having a conversation with himself as if he were different persons, especially with the objective of promoting a product, then there is plenty wrong with that.

When multiple persons with the same objective of promoting a product, conduct a conversation in a manner as to hide the motive behind said promotion, then there is also plenty wrong with that too.

So which is it? Please, one of the alleged conspirators needs to explain or apologize.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2014, 08:39:22 pm »
Siglent have been caught with their pants down.  :palm:

There will be Siglent dealers that will not be happy about this chain of events.  |O

But do we send them to the naughty corner?
What if others companies have participated in similar activity here, known or unknown?
How can we identify this?
Is it just observation or are there tools that can be put in place?

Dave has spotted this and the ensuing shame will be a lesson for all.
Do we have enough checks and balances to control this activity?
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2014, 10:47:53 am »
But do we send them to the naughty corner?

There was no reply from them, so all accounts except for Sgilents official account has been banned.

What if others companies have participated in similar activity here, known or unknown?
How can we identify this?
Is it just observation or are there tools that can be put in place?
Dave has spotted this and the ensuing shame will be a lesson for all.
Do we have enough checks and balances to control this activity?

Geoff spotted this one  :-+
The forum software can tell us which accounts share IP addresses, but AFAIK there is no way to get ti alert us to this, we have to check manually.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf