Author Topic: New Siglent products SDS2000X-E, SVA3032X and a DC Load  (Read 4132 times)

Offline oeweanTopic starter

• Contributor
    • Adroit.no
New Siglent products SDS2000X-E, SVA3032X and a DC Load
« on: November 14, 2018, 08:17:07 pm »
At Electronica 2018 Siglent presented SDS2000X-E, as well as a SVA3032X and DC load.

The SDS2000X-E is 2 channels and will come in 100, 200 and 350MHz versions, 2GSa/s
Link to the Chinese webpage: http://www.siglent.com/qyxwxx.aspx?id=2129&sid=25

Norwegian distributor of test and measurement equipment....
Adroit.no

Offline bugi

• Regular Contributor
  • Hobbyist using the ultra slow and unsure method
Re: New Siglent products SDS2000X-E, SVA3032X and a DC Load
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 09:27:01 pm »
SDS2000X-E... Hmm.. I would have expected more sample memory (like in 2000X). VGA output? Museum stuff. (Being the nerd I am, I still have monitors with that, older ones already long-term stored. The least old is also about to be retired, and it only has that VGA input because it was an expensive model with "everything and then some", many cheaper monitors at that time had already dropped VGA input.)

But I guess if the price is right, someone could have use for a "faster sample rate 1000X-E"?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 09:28:33 am by bugi »

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 11:06:53 pm »
SDS2000X-E... Hmm.. I would have expected more sample memory (like in 2000X). VGA output? Museum stuff. (Being the nerd I am, I still have monitors with that, older ones already long-term stored. The least old is also about to be retired, and it only has that VGA input because it was an expensive model with "everything and then some", many cheaper monitors at that time had already dropped VGA input.)
:-//
What's this about VGA ?

Already the 4ch X-E has the webserver feature so with the use of a PC or laptop you can port a scope display to whatever size monitor you want.....wireless or LAN.
Translated from the SDS2000X-E webpage:
The SDS2000X-E oscilloscope interface can be refreshed in real time in the browser, and the interface update speed is up to 10 frames per second.
(100M LAN environment, the refresh rate is related to the specific network speed). Waveform, measurement, on the oscilloscope
The update of the analysis is immediately displayed in the browser, with local operation and observation of the scope of the oscilloscope
Test. Users can sync to the VGA interface via PC to meet a variety of presentation and teaching needs.

Or DVI or HDMI, whatever your PC can support.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 11:52:24 pm by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline BillB

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 11:38:54 pm »
A DC Load?  That's interesting.  :-+

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 06:13:19 am »

But I guess if the price is right, someone could have use for a "faster sample rate 1000X-E"?

SDS2000X-E have 28M and max samplerate 2Gsa/s. SDS1000X-E have 14M and max samplerate is 1GSa/s. With double samplerate it need double memory whereby the action in time axis corresponds to the same. So, 2000X-E is comparable with 1000X-E. Not at all with SDS2000X what is totally different animal.

2000X-E is 350MHz scope. 1000X-E maximum is 200MHz and with 500MSa/s (all channels on)  it can not be more. Even 200MHz is "borderline" due to fact that it is  0.8*fNyquist and it do not have "brick wall" analog BW shape.

With 350MHz 2000X-E is bit better with 1GSa/s (all channels on) what mean 0.7*fNyquist

In practice in most cases it is enough if scope can keep full samplerate down to 1ms/div. Both have this.
I think it is quite rare case (not say never) when need more than 14ms full sample rate when we talk economy class oscilloscope what also use full acquisition memory with full resolution for measurements. Also there is more memory for acquisitions history buffer FIFO. Example in SDS1004X-E more than 100M and two channel 1002X-E over 50M.
But of course also there is one blackbox in human mind... Its name is "nice to have if perhaps some day need"

But then this VGA. What VGA? There is not any VGA output at all. Except indirect what Tau previously explained.
But, I know, there is still lot of places in world who still use VGA and want VGA (but on the ebb).  Still some manufacturers (not Siglent) offer in new scopes direct VGA output as standard feature or optional and just because some customers still want/need. They just do not overlook these customers and money is in customers pocket. I really do not believe any second they do it if no one want or need. Manufacturers need look whole marketing area, global world, and not only some western previously developed countries what are now at the top but potentially at the edge of the cliff.
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 06:37:33 am »
Still some manufacturers (not Siglent) offer in new scopes direct VGA output as standard feature or optional and just because some customers still want/need.
Then there is this that we should see later this year:

Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 07:32:07 am »
Still some manufacturers (not Siglent) offer in new scopes direct VGA output as standard feature or optional and just because some customers still want/need.
Then there is this that we should see later this year:

Thanks, I temporarily selectively forget SDS5000X   ;D
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Offline bugi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2018, 09:27:36 am »
:-//
What's this about VGA ?

Already the 4ch X-E has the webserver feature so with the use of a PC or laptop you can port a scope display to whatever size monitor you want.....wireless or LAN.
Translated from the SDS2000X-E webpage:
The SDS2000X-E oscilloscope interface can be refreshed in real time in the browser, and the interface update speed is up to 10 frames per second.
(100M LAN environment, the refresh rate is related to the specific network speed). Waveform, measurement, on the oscilloscope
The update of the analysis is immediately displayed in the browser, with local operation and observation of the scope of the oscilloscope
Test. Users can sync to the VGA interface via PC to meet a variety of presentation and teaching needs.

Or DVI or HDMI, whatever your PC can support.
My bad, I assumed there was (google) translation mistakes, and applied my own assumptions on top of that while deciphering it :P  I mean why even bother mentioning VGA interface in such a context, mentioning remote PC use would have been enough, everyone knows how they can connect their computers to displays. And could not use photos to confirm my interpretation with just a blurry front side photos to look at. (Anyway, I'll just strike that part over to not mislead others any more.)

I was aware of the remote control thing, better than just a direct display output. My (misdirected) comment was aimed at choosing an old and quickly vanishing interface for the only display output in a new design.

The "VGA = museum stuff" is still valid (even it not applicable to 2000X-E), especially considering that HDMI/DP to VGA adapters are simple cheap passive (EDIT below) things littering offices now that they have become mostly unneeded, while the reverse adapters are active things (though still cheap, yet quite rare, never seen one myself).
(EDIT: maybe actually active, but at least power would come through the same host interface, and conversion was something thought about while designing the interface.)

Looking at that 5000X... sigh. I guess it is better than nothing, in some cases allows one less PC/device in the setup, if one has some display with VGA-input still around and in working condition.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 10:15:56 am by bugi »

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2018, 09:38:52 am »
Looking at that 5000X... sigh. I guess it is better than nothing, in some cases allows one less PC/device in the setup, if one has some display with VGA-input still around and in working condition.
Yes quite.

DVI would have been better as an HMDI connector is already used for the MSO dongle in the coming SDS2000X-E and existing SDS1004X-E.
We wouldn't want to see users connecting their 'not cheap' MSO units to the HDMI monitor output.  :scared:
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline bugi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2018, 10:18:10 am »
DVI would have been better as an HMDI connector is already used for the MSO dongle in the coming SDS2000X-E and existing SDS1004X-E.
We wouldn't want to see users connecting their 'not cheap' MSO units to the HDMI monitor output.  :scared:
Makes me wonder, what would happen if user makes an equal mistake and connects a monitor to that MSO-connection?

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2018, 12:29:30 pm »

You're missing one!!!  :)

Offline BillB

• Supporter
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2018, 01:10:53 pm »

You're missing one!!!  :)

I know!  I'm already working on my for sale Ad for my ITech load.   :-DD

Online colorado.rob

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2018, 04:20:28 pm »
Any more information on their DC load?  I am looking for a DC load to test LiPo cells and chargers.

Offline Qw3rtzuiop

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2018, 04:30:32 pm »

The following users thanked this post: Mr. Scram

Online Performa01

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2018, 08:04:59 pm »
Here's a snapshot of the Siglent showcase at Electronica 2018.

The SVA3032X prototype analyzes a 16QAM signal produced by the new SSG3032X-IQE, which in turn is using an SDG6000X with I/Q option as the modulation source.

The display of the SVA3032X has been brought to the big monitor using the internal webserver and a notebook computer hidden under the counter ;)

The following users thanked this post: tautech, Mr. Scram

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2018, 08:14:37 pm »
I've been scanning for more information on these, but so far found nothing. I'm curious what Siglent might do with a DC load, as Rigol blatantly blew that and there's solid proven competition at not too steep prices.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2018, 09:23:53 pm »
I've been scanning for more information on these, but so far found nothing. I'm curious what Siglent might do with a DC load, as Rigol blatantly blew that and there's solid proven competition at not too steep prices.
I'm wondering about that too. Sure a TE manufacturer wants to have a complete portfolio but I'm wondering whether Siglent designed one themselves or rebadged an existing design. In the low end / low performance DC load market there is a lot of competition already. GW Instek for example doesn't even bother to offer a low cost / low performance load.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 09:28:07 pm by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf