Author Topic: New toy(?) scope Fnirsi DPOX180H, claimed 180MHz/500MSps (May 2023)  (Read 90990 times)

ldmpam and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Serhii74

Re: New toy(?) scope Fnirsi DPOX180H, claimed 180MHz/500MSps (May 2023)
« Reply #375 on: September 22, 2023, 10:40:37 pm »
0.1uF = 100nf = 100 000 pF

Offline Serhii74

« Reply #376 on: September 22, 2023, 11:08:30 pm »
A representative of the FNIRSI company thanked me and offered me a $20 discount for the purchase of this oscilloscope in a new case.
Here is his answer:

Hi, dear friend, thank you very much for the information!
We will give feedback to the technical staff. If any customers have this problem, we will share it with them.🤝
The new appearance brings you a different experience.
The new appearance of DPOX180H is now online.
Order now to enjoy a 20$ discount.
CODE: NEW888
Link: https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_oDnLCtL

If anyone is interested, please use it.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 11:13:15 pm by Serhii74 »

The following users thanked this post: artik

Offline ptluis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #377 on: September 22, 2023, 11:39:05 pm »
A representative of the FNIRSI company thanked me and offered me a $20 discount for the purchase of this oscilloscope in a new case.
Here is his answer:

Hi, dear friend, thank you very much for the information!
We will give feedback to the technical staff. If any customers have this problem, we will share it with them.🤝
The new appearance brings you a different experience.
The new appearance of DPOX180H is now online.
Order now to enjoy a 20$ discount.
CODE: NEW888
Link: https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_oDnLCtL

If anyone is interested, please use it.

instead of solving the problems this model has,  they insert the "old" one into a new dress and try to fool everybody into buying another one with the same bugs  :palm:

Offline battlecoder

• Regular Contributor
    • A BIT of Mystery
« Reply #378 on: September 23, 2023, 01:01:14 am »
I was going to do a review of this scope in my blog but I will wait until I get the proper cap to repair the issue. The only 0.1uF 0805 caps I have right now are 50V.

The fact that they are already replacing the model with a "new" version, however, gives me zero confidence in the brand. I've literally had mine for like 2 weeks and there's already a new version? lol.

EDIT: I tried changing them anyway, despite the caps I had being only 50V (it's not like I intended to use this with high voltage anyway, and I gave up trying to find 100V parts) and the difference in calibration when switching between AC and DC is still there, although a tad smaller. The caps I removed, however, were like 350pF and not "740pF" as Serhii74 reported earlier.

Difference between AC and DC disappears at around 15 Khz ~, and it's unlikely that I'll be playing around with signals at 15KHz or less, that require 10x attenuation, AC coupled, but this still annoys me a bit.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 05:15:44 pm by battlecoder »

Offline ru_tash

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #379 on: September 23, 2023, 07:54:04 am »
I was going to do a review of this scope in my blog but I will wait until I get the proper cap to repair the issue. The only 0.1uF 0805 caps I have right now are 50V.

it is interesting, how to recognize maximum voltage for smd capacitor?

Offline battlecoder

• Regular Contributor
    • A BIT of Mystery
« Reply #380 on: September 23, 2023, 08:09:36 am »

it is interesting, how to recognize maximum voltage for smd capacitor?

Honestly? In my case that's the rating they had when I bought them. :-DD They all said 50V on the label.
Now, I did try connecting them to 50V and they didn't blow up (just to make sure that they weren't... uh... "accidentally mislabeled" ::) by the store I bought them from )

Offline Rooster Cogburn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #381 on: September 23, 2023, 11:36:49 am »

How To Test And Measure The Working Rated Voltage Of A Capacitor. Find Fake Capacitors

I think 100V 0805 MLCC caps are a bit rare, certainly nothing I'd just have lying around.

The following users thanked this post: battlecoder

Online csuhi17

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #382 on: September 23, 2023, 01:00:34 pm »
Hi.
I finally took the plunge and ordered one. it arrived a few days ago.
I'm not a professional.

I haven't played it much yet, but I'm starting to regret it.
I have an HDS272S to compare it with.
I looked with an FY6800 fig generator.
The measured signal is Adj-Pulse with 10Mhz and 10ns pulse width.
I haven't had much time to test it with other settings.

What stood out to me.
There are times when the trigger fails.
With the same setting, the owon triggers exactly. (bigger horizontal division and narrow pulses were not triggered on the owon, but the fnirsi finds something)
With the 2us setting, there was a 0-2us delay on the trigger.

I haven't managed to prove 120Kpts yet. so far approx.: 5K has been collected as a maximum.

It drains faster than the owon. I had to charge it twice.

Not all parameters can be saved, for example, the trigger type is reset to AUTO.

The trigger level changes if you adjust the voltage resolution.
you can't see the trigger voltage, it doesn't show it.

He often writes nonsense, sometimes he also calculates the frequency.

I think the color temperature is also wrong, the trigger is set to single and the waveform is still multi-colored.

If you set the trigger HF rejection, the field of view decreases vertically. At value 3, you lose 2 squares.

I couldn't find any description or reference to what the levels are.
what frequency range do they cover?

Cursors also work interestingly.
I haven't figured out what exactly the vertical cursor measures.

And with the horizontal cursor in ZOOM mode, you can measure the original signal wave above, not the enlarged wave.

I haven't tried the signal generator part yet, nor the ability to copy the signal.

I managed to order the above-mentioned capacitors from a place here in my country, when they arrive and I replace them, I will write how they are for me, or if the replacement makes any sense.

I don't even trust the 400V protection written on it after this...

in my opinion, I would have done better if I still collected and bought an HDS2202 edition.
Fewer errors, better accuracy and reliable...

I have several Fnirsi products, I am satisfied with them, their oscilloscopes are worthless in my opinion.
Too expensive and faulty.

I also use the 1013D only to measure with it in unknown circuits first, so it's not a bad thing if it burns.

Offline battlecoder

• Regular Contributor
    • A BIT of Mystery
« Reply #383 on: September 23, 2023, 05:50:53 pm »

I think the color temperature is also wrong, the trigger is set to single and the waveform is still multi-colored.

You have a great list of findings there, but this one I find it tragically hilarious. I've seen several reviewers pointing out how cool is that it has temperature-colored waveform, but none of them actually bothered testing if the coloring made any sense. I can verify in fact, that even in single capture you get a multi-colored waveform. If I give it the benefit of the doubt maybe it's always equivalent-time-sampling (i.e: Capturing two or more samples with some delay in between), even when in single capture, which could explain the multi-colors. Another alternative explanation is that the colors are actually BS. :palm:

Offline Rooster Cogburn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #384 on: September 23, 2023, 09:32:21 pm »
Fake it till you make it, the sale that is!

One date point towards the coloring being real is that I don't recall seeing color grading on truly singular events, like voltage rails coming up during power on.

Online csuhi17

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #385 on: September 24, 2023, 12:42:44 pm »
I was impatient and before the ordered capacitor arrived, I unsoldered the old ones because I was interested in what it was like.

It also gave me a value of around 330pF. and not 740
Unfortunately, I couldn't find any rev. number on the board.

Offline jbenam

« Reply #386 on: September 24, 2023, 04:17:05 pm »
Well, after reading this and the DSO2512G’s thread entirely, I have decided to go with Zeeweii’s offering. It costs a bit less, but it seems to have better functions and less issues than the DPOX180H. I hope I won’t regret it :) Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

Offline ptluis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #387 on: September 24, 2023, 04:21:59 pm »
Well, after reading this and the DSO2512G’s thread entirely, I have decided to go with Zeeweii’s offering. It costs a bit less, but it seems to have better functions and less issues than the DPOX180H. I hope I won’t regret it :) Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

you won't, but keep in mind that the zeeweii doesn't have a 20MHz bandwidth option, it's always at full bandwidth.
But it's way better than this unfinished toy fnirsi
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 04:34:18 pm by ptluis »

Offline ptluis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #388 on: September 24, 2023, 04:32:34 pm »
A little challenge for all owners of fnirsi like myself  :palm:

set FG to 1KHz Square Wave, 2 Vpp, 50% duty

press Auto

Press H+ until H=1us (top indicator) watch the glitch

Keep pressing H+ until H=5ns watch the amazing and wonderfull waveform  :palm:

Fnirsi, fnirsi, naughty and wild boy!

Bellow 32KHz is useless, we can't trust anymore on the displayed image if we zoom in (not zoom button)

« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 04:41:03 pm by ptluis »

Offline Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #389 on: September 24, 2023, 04:48:18 pm »
you won't, but keep in mind that the zeeweii doesn't have a 20MHz bandwidth option, it's always at full bandwidth.
The good thing is: You learn to make your own low-pass filters for the Zeeweii. For a penny and an egg.  ;)

The following users thanked this post: ptluis

Offline ptluis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #390 on: September 24, 2023, 05:02:04 pm »
The good thing is: You learn to make your own low-pass filters for the Zeeweii. For a penny and an egg.  ;)

exactly and you get a better scope, with a little less bandwidth but more functional e precise , and 3x battery life! at least with the units I've got.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 05:04:00 pm by ptluis »

Offline chronos42

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #391 on: September 24, 2023, 05:45:56 pm »

press Auto

Bellow 32KHz is useless, we can't trust anymore on the displayed image if we zoom in (not zoom button)

I found the same problem and had informed FNIRSI. They are aware of this problem and they work on an update. Let's see if something happens....
But all in all the DPOX is not as bad as some owner blame it here. it has some bugs, yes. But it is a usefull toy... ehm instrument for the price. I still like it for what it is. And keep in mind: For this price you cannot await a lab scope. It actually has a 180MHz bandwith (with one active channel only) and the digital phosphor is actually working. The AC lo frequency rolloff is not a big problem for me. Not nice, but also not a big issue, only in rare cases.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 06:08:34 pm by chronos42 »

Offline ptluis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #392 on: September 24, 2023, 06:21:17 pm »

press Auto

I found the same problem and had informed FNIRSI. They are aware of this problem and they work on an update. Let's see if something happens....
But all in all the DPOX is not as bad as some owner blame it here. it has some bugs, yes. But it is a usefull toy... ehm instrument for the price. I still like it for what it is. And keep in mind: For this price you cannot await a lab scope. It actually has a 180MHz bandwith (with one active channel only) and the digital phosphor is actually working. The AC lo frequency rolloff is not a big problem for me. Not nice, but also not a big issue, only in rare cases.

I know, but if we don't press them they don't care, the more we talk about the problems the more they care otherwise sales drop  :)

Offline Serhii74

« Reply #393 on: September 24, 2023, 06:36:15 pm »
I agree with you.
This oscilloscope helped me earn an additional $1,500 in 1.5 months.
Because it allows me to repair devices that I’m afraid to test with a $15k oscilloscope.
For the money, DPOX180H is quite good.

The following users thanked this post: ptluis, artik

Offline battlecoder

• Regular Contributor
    • A BIT of Mystery
« Reply #394 on: September 24, 2023, 11:03:36 pm »
This is going to sounds silly, but I wish the "phosphor" display mode could be turned off. I'm not even asking for "peak detect" or "high resolution" acquisition modes, but glitches and non-recurrent peaks are literally invisible with the "phosphor" treatment.

EDIT: With a firmware update to V30 the waveform looks a lot clearer. I'm keeping this post, however, for anyone who might be having a capture that looks *this* faint.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 06:54:25 am by battlecoder »

Offline Rooster Cogburn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #395 on: September 25, 2023, 12:30:39 am »
Yeah, they patched this already but I also noticed that vertical features are still too faint sometimes...

The following users thanked this post: battlecoder

Online csuhi17

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #396 on: September 25, 2023, 06:20:37 am »
The 1206 does not fit me, there is 2 mm between the outer edges of the soldering points.

Offline battlecoder

• Regular Contributor
    • A BIT of Mystery
« Reply #397 on: September 25, 2023, 06:53:12 am »
Yeah, they patched this already but I also noticed that vertical features are still too faint sometimes...
Ok, thanks for your post. I assumed mine was running the latest firmware but apparently wasn't. Downloaded V30 from FNIRSI's website and the wave looks a lot better now  :-+
I amended my original post.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 06:54:47 am by battlecoder »

Online csuhi17

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #398 on: September 25, 2023, 08:20:51 am »
I replaced the capacitors.
So far it seems good, directly connected to the function generator with a 50 Ohm load, the measured voltage value does not change much between 0-60Mhz.
With the 10x measuring needle, on the other hand, the error is visible in AC/DC mode.
If you set it in the middle, I still think the distortion is tolerable.

I measured 230V AC, the difference between Fnirsi and HDS272 (in multimeter mode) was 3Vrms.

Regardless, as long as there is no "persistence" mode, I think phosphorous imitation is worthless.
if you set the brightness of the waveform to 100%, you won't be able to see the fast spikes clearly either.

Also, compared to the fact that it says 500M sampling is only 250M with the HDS more reliable trigger at the same setting.

Is there any information about the storage length? can "Storage Depth 120Kpts" be real? Do you know this only at a given time setting? so far I managed to squeeze 2-5K out of it, if you counted correctly.
Or maybe I misunderstood something.

Offline battlecoder

• Regular Contributor
    • A BIT of Mystery
« Reply #399 on: September 25, 2023, 12:51:51 pm »
So far it seems good, directly connected to the function generator with a 50 Ohm load, the measured voltage value does not change much between 0-60Mhz.
With the 10x measuring needle, on the other hand, the error is visible in AC/DC mode.
If you set it in the middle, I still think the distortion is tolerable.
It's in 10X that I was seeing the problem (and still am, after replacing the cap). Not sure if I ever tried x1, but probe compensation is done with the probe at 10x, which is how I noticed.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one still watching a difference at 10x, after the cap "fix".

Is there any information about the storage length? can "Storage Depth 120Kpts" be real? Do you know this only at a given time setting? so far I managed to squeeze 2-5K out of it, if you counted correctly.
Or maybe I misunderstood something.
I would love to know how to test/measure that. How are you counting?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf