Author Topic: NEW TYPE-C USB TESTER COMMING----TC66C FROM RD TECHNOLOGY  (Read 8853 times)

Offline YoungcrzyTopic starter

• !
NEW TYPE-C USB TESTER COMMING----TC66C FROM RD TECHNOLOGY
« on: March 29, 2019, 01:32:09 am »
   Nowadays, Type-C interface is wildly used for its superior performance; It’s much better than others in terms of interface volume, charging power, transmission speed and ease of use.
   Recently I got a new Type-C USB tester (TC66C) from RD technology, they produce many kind of USB testers like UM24/Um25/UM34/TC64, they perform well but can be better. So, today I want to introduce it to you because I think it will be a useful tool for many enthusiasts and laboratory workers.
   OK let’s have look at TC66C, it is compact designed and easy to carry. We can test our device anywhere because it doesn’t take too much space.
   There are two versions: TC66 and TC66C, the only difference between them is TC66C can communicate with mobile phone by Bluetooth connection while TC66 cannot.

Then we can see details of TC66C, just as shown below, TC66C has 8 interfaces and each interface has its function. Compared with other USB testers, it is more powerful. I will introduce some useful functions and you can know more about TC66C.

I list these functions and I will introduce them in detail.
-6digit voltage and current, resolution is 0.0001V(0.1mV)/ 0.00001A(0.01mA)
-Quick charge protocol detection,
-PD and other trigger operation,
-USB communication for PC software,
-Bluetooth communication for IOS app and android APP,
-Firmware upgrade,
-Two-way measurement,
-Independently power supply
-Offline storage
1.Voltage/Current accuracy comparison
we can see that Voltage and Current are displayed in six digits, which means the Voltage measurement resolution is improved to 0.0001V (0.1mV), and Current measurement resolution is improved to 0.00001A (0.01mA). I think it will be suitable for enthusiasts or mad scientists :D.

2.quick charge protocol detection
We know that many electronic products has quick charge mode: Samsung AFC quick charge, Huawei FCP/SCP quick charge, PD quick charge etc. These quick charge modes can be detected by TC66C;  Several different chargers are tested as shown below. We can see two colors on the screen, green options indicate supported protocols, red options indicate unsupported protocols.

3.PD Trigger
  TC66C can test the maximum power of PD charger, so that we can know the quality of our charger.

4.Two-way measurement
TC66C allows current flow passing in two directions(from male port to female port/from female port to male port) so we won’t be afraid that the tester might be burned if we insert the wrong interface.

5.USB communication for PC software
C66C supports PC software communication, after being connected to PC by Micro-USB cable, we can view data on PC software, it can record curve when mobile phone is charging. (PC system must be Win7 or above, TC66 and TC66C can use the micro USB to connect computer)

6.Bluetooth communication for mobile phone
We can also use mobile phone to view data or operate. TC66C can be connected to APP by Bluetooth. That is so convenient for me. (Android system must be Android 5.0 or above, iPhone must be IOS 8.0 or above)

7.  Offline storage
   Sometimes we will be busy and we do not have time to record data, we can use offline storage function; data information will be recorded on TC66C and be exported to PC software when connected to PC.

8.Firmware upgrade
When there is a new firmware, the tester will remind you to upgrade the firmware. So we can use new functions.

9.Independently power supply
TC66C can be Independently charged so that it won’t consume the voltage and current of the device under test.

In short, I am satisfied with TC66C, thanks for reading.
Products link:
LINK REMOVED

This is home page:
LINK REMOVED
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 03:52:36 am by EEVblog »

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
Re: NEW TYPE-C USB TESTER COMMING----TC66C FROM RD TECHNOLOGY
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 02:18:43 am »
They are very nice products but this type of promotion is not welcome here, it is deemed as spam and most people get banned for it.

Reported for moderation

The following users thanked this post: blueskull, Youngcrzy

Offline YoungcrzyTopic starter

• !
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 02:39:58 am »
They are very nice products but this type of promotion is not welcome here, it is deemed as spam and most people get banned for it.

Reported for moderation
thanks for your reminder,I will be careful next time

Online EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 03:53:24 am »
In short, I am satisfied with TC66C

That's because you sell it which you did not disclose.

Offline bugi

• Regular Contributor
  • Hobbyist using the ultra slow and unsure method
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 07:57:14 am »
Unexpectedly decent English on that post.. I wonder why the official marketing material still looks like Google translated, should have put all that effort in there instead :P

But yeah, trying to pass as an independent test while having most "photos" being screenshots from the official advertisement video or product page (or modified a bit), thehe... (Let alone the actual text content, but photos are easy to match.)

Offline nickyang

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 08:41:50 am »
How your product compares to this one ?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/RD-UM34-UM34C-for-APP-USB-3-0-Type-C-DC-Voltmeter-ammeter-voltage-current-meter/32959288905.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.260.30d33c00yHXe9n
I think they are different series,TC66 have trigger mode,higher accuracy,and allow current flow passing in two directions

Offline maginnovision

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2019, 08:48:46 am »
How your product compares to this one ?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/RD-UM34-UM34C-for-APP-USB-3-0-Type-C-DC-Voltmeter-ammeter-voltage-current-meter/32959288905.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.260.30d33c00yHXe9n
I think they are different series,TC66 have trigger mode,higher accuracy,and allow current flow passing in two directions

Even in the screenshots it shows true resolution is 1mv/1ma, best case.

Offline bugi

• Regular Contributor
  • Hobbyist using the ultra slow and unsure method
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2019, 06:02:31 pm »
Even in the screenshots it shows true resolution is 1mv/1ma, best case.
Are you sure you didn't mix resolution vs. accuracy?  At least to my eyes the screenshots (stills) seem to indicate the resolution as advertised (though can not be verified from just stills), and looking at the source video seems to show digit changes in that last digit (that is not enough to ensure it 100%, though, it might still skip some values).

The accuracy, however, is clearly not in the 6th or even 5th digit. But then again, its specs doesn't make such claims anyway;  "voltage: ±(0.05%+10digits at 23℃), current ±(0.1%+20 digits, at 23℃)".  So, to my eyes, the screenshots seem to meet those specs.

UM34 seems to have 0.2%+1digit and 0.8%+3digits, respectively, so, at least by the specs comparison, TC66 has indeed both better resolution and accuracy.

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2019, 06:59:04 pm »
This is not the first person to get banned for spamming the forum with RD Technology's products. One even went by the name RD Tech. :palm: Learning is hard.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline ralphrmartin

• Frequent Contributor
    • Me
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2019, 08:51:04 pm »
Seems you guys are being a bit hard, even if this is an advert. The post is informative, and interesting, to some degree.

How about having a new sub forum for New Product Announcements? That would keep the main subforums clear of this kind of posting for those that want to avoid them, and give a proper place for people who have some new stuff to tell us about it?

The following users thanked this post: PA0PBZ, thm_w, stj

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2019, 10:41:43 pm »
The problem isn't the content, per se. Even the products themselves (and the models that preceded them) are interesting. The problem is the sneaky and blatant disregard of the forum rules, even after multiple profiles (might be the same person, might not be) have been warned and subsequently banned. RD Tech just refuses to comply.

If I were Dave, I'd remove this thread or most of the OP content, not just the links, because they don't deserve even the residual benefit of the information still being here. Again, I wish they'd do things the right way, but they don't seem to want to.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline Kean

• Supporter
  • Embedded systems & IT consultant
    • Kean Electronics
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2019, 09:20:29 am »
Seems you guys are being a bit hard, even if this is an advert. The post is informative, and interesting, to some degree.

Nope!  This is blantant shilling, which I'm pretty sure they've done here before.
If they want to get free advertising, they should send a sample to the EEVblog mailbag like everyone else does.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf