Author Topic: OpenHantek for 6022BE on Windows XP  (Read 1041 times)

Offline ArcsandsparksTopic starter

OpenHantek for 6022BE on Windows XP
« on: March 26, 2021, 03:21:20 pm »
I have installed OpenHantek for the 6022BE on my desktop with Windows 10 successfully and am impressed with how well it works. I would like to install it on a laptop with WindowsXP but cannot find any information how to do it. Can anybody give me advice on this? I have searched for this topic but could not find any help. If this is the wrong place to ask this where would be the appropriate place? Thanks in advance.

Offline horo

• Regular Contributor
    • My GitHub Projects
Re: OpenHantek for 6022BE on Windows XP
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 07:09:11 pm »
... where would be the appropriate place?

Even when I wrote on my repo "No support for non-Linux related issues unless a volunteer steps in!", you could ask in the Q&A section of the discussion area. But you should prepare some info upfront: Type of your laptop, type of OS (XP 32bit?). What did you do? What did not work? If the issue is caused by the 32bit version, did you try an older release? Does e.g.  https://github.com/OpenHantek/OpenHantek6022/releases/download/3.1.5/OpenHantek-Win-x86-Release-b488.zip work at least in demo mode? etc. ...

HTH, Martin

Offline ArcsandsparksTopic starter

Re: OpenHantek for 6022BE on Windows XP
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 09:35:21 pm »
Thanks for your response Martin. I am using a Lenovo T61 laptop with 2.0 GHz CPU, 2.0 GB RAM, Windows XP Pro, Version 2002 SP3.
When I attempt an installation of the version you referenced I receive the message "not a valid Win32 application".  I also tried OpenHantek-Win-x86-Release-b341.zip, (the oldest version on the release list), with the same message. I will ask in the Q&A discussion area you suggested.

... where would be the appropriate place?

Even when I wrote on my repo "No support for non-Linux related issues unless a volunteer steps in!", you could ask in the Q&A section of the discussion area. But you should prepare some info upfront: Type of your laptop, type of OS (XP 32bit?). What did you do? What did not work? If the issue is caused by the 32bit version, did you try an older release? Does e.g.  https://github.com/OpenHantek/OpenHantek6022/releases/download/3.1.5/OpenHantek-Win-x86-Release-b488.zip work at least in demo mode? etc. ...

HTH, Martin

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf