Author Topic: LiIo battery charging software for ELV DPS5315 dual power supply  (Read 3534 times)

Offline RytikarTopic starter

LiIo battery charging software for ELV DPS5315 dual power supply
« on: December 29, 2016, 08:27:29 pm »
Hi all,

probably quite a niche thing, but here goes.

Lately I bought and built a dual power supply from ELV in germany, the DPS5315 (2*15V/3A or 1*30V/3A).
I think they ship at least to Europe/EU. Me being from Denmark had no problems getting one. Nice supply for the price, I think, with the pleasure of assembling it myself on top of it. (Sort of not taking it apart but putting it together...)

I saw Daves about charging LiIo batteries with bench power supplies and found the delivered software lacking in that department.

Long story short, I wrote my own and you can try it if you like. (There was that tricky part of reverse engineering the serial protocol for those in the know)

Look here: Dps5315LiIoCharger

Thanks for you're interest

Rytikar

Offline claytonedgeuk

• Contributor
Re: LiIo battery charging software for ELV DPS5315 dual power supply
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 11:04:37 pm »
Hey thanks for sharing that.  So you're a few months in with the dps5315 now, how are you finding it?

Offline RytikarTopic starter

Re: LiIo battery charging software for ELV DPS5315 dual power supply
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 04:36:37 pm »
Hey thanks for sharing that.  So you're a few months in with the dps5315 now, how are you finding it?
Oops, sorry for the late reply.

Well, serves all my needs. Was a joy to build. Worked on first try and does it well for the price. And loads my liio batteries. 😀

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf