Author Topic: Osciloscope Owon HDS 1022M-N  (Read 4407 times)

Offline costasTopic starter

• Contributor
Osciloscope Owon HDS 1022M-N
« on: September 27, 2012, 04:58:13 am »
Hello,
A two years agou I buy from Owon two osciloscope (PDS6062(T)+HDS1022M-N ) I am very happy with them , unfortunately with HDS1022M-N I had an accident, I dropped down , now no output on screen and the screen is't illuminated, I did not see anything broken or cracked in it , I change the display with another new but the same problem ... the backlight not working , ater power I hear a "buz" but not relay "dita" , I compare this nois with working device , is just a buzer from mesurment block ,
on the mine board I find just 3,3v power suply , other power suply does not work ...
The Owon enginiers told mabe is a firmware problem !!! the firmware are stored in 39LV3201 flash , mabe somebody have read a good firmware for this HDS1022M-N . or can tell me the pin configuration from J-tag connector from the main board , I want to try to read flash 39LV3201 under ARM prcocesor.....Somebody try this ?
Thank you ,
Costas

Offline Dread

• Regular Contributor
Re: Osciloscope Owon HDS 1022M-N
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 09:22:53 am »
I am not sure I understand. Are you saying part of the power supply is dead after the unit fell and you think it's a firmware issue?  Seems to me like Owon did not understand the problem and gave you bad info.  I would trouble shoot the dead power rail and see why it's not working. There may be a hair line crack on a trace or some other part has been damaged or broke a solder connection.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 09:30:39 am by Dread »
The Optimist says the glass is half full, the Pessimist says its half empty, an engineer only see's a glass that’s twice as big as it needs to be!

Offline glicos

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 10:13:08 am »
i agree with dread. firmware inside flash ic can't just be erase by dropping the unit. look for microcrack on board or loosed parts inside

Offline costasTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 11:51:16 am »
Hello ,
I looked very good motherboard but I found nothing detached or broken,... I got only 3,3v power on the main board , Other power supply is controlled by procedure so when CPU procedure working wrong, then there is only 3.3v on mainborad (because other power supply is closed). So if I only measure 3.3 V then it should be because the SW procedure in mainboard doens't work, so mainboard got problem or SW.

Thank you .
Costas

Offline Dread

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 02:52:57 pm »
This is just me but if that's the case I would find a point in the dead powerline and desolder the last coupling component and inject in my own power (limiting the current) and see if it boots up.
I still have a hard time believing the chips firmware got corrrupted after a fall!
IMHO it's got to be physical damage issue somewhere, maybe something near that CPU.
Anyway it's your choice on how to proceed.

The Optimist says the glass is half full, the Pessimist says its half empty, an engineer only see's a glass that’s twice as big as it needs to be!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf