Author Topic: Over Load (OL)  (Read 634 times)

Offline AirScooterTopic starter

• Contributor
Over Load (OL)
« on: March 19, 2021, 07:31:21 pm »
My 8000A Fluke bench meter is outputting +19.99 in every OHM's range with nothing across the leads.
What is generally responsible for this behavior.
Thanks
Dave Lowa

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
Re: Over Load (OL)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 07:47:44 pm »
Please don't double post. It wastes peoples time and makes you unpopular with the Mods...

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/fluke-8000a/
Best Regards, Chris

Offline AirScooterTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 12:12:50 pm »
Sorry ... I wasn't sure my first post made it through the system.
Is is appropriate to post the same basic question in different topics? Pretty new to this board and never operated in a board with the scope of this one.

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 12:35:52 pm »
It's always a bit tricky understanding a new forum's etiquette.

No, it is generally frowned upon. The reason is quite reasonable, people take time responding to one thread, only to find that other people have responded with duplicate information in the other thread, it just gets frustrating when people have limited time here. It does mean that picking which section to post in is quite important - as you were thinking that there was a problem with your meter, 'Repair' was a good choice. If you do get it badly wrong, you can use the 'Report to Moderator' on your own post and politely ask a Mod to move it to another section. That way, the existing replies go with it.

Picking a nice descriptive thread title is also a good way of grabbing the right attention. As the OP, you (and only you) have the option of going back to your first post and editing the thread title.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 12:39:50 pm by Gyro »
Best Regards, Chris

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf