Author Topic: Tektronix 1225  (Read 851 times)

Offline Floopy

• Regular Contributor
Tektronix 1225
« on: March 16, 2018, 12:50:08 am »
Hello all,
I recently acquired a Tektronix 1225. It came with a bag labeled "Tektronix 1240 Probes". At first I though, "great I have the probes". Upon further inspection, I noticed the probes were not the right ones. 1240 is the model number of another logic analyzer.

Anyone know what are the right probes I need. It came with 5 other probes, I put pictures of them below. The analyzer itself works, but without probes it's a big paperweight.
Also, is anyone interested in a ROM dump.

If anyone has suggestions I would welcome them.
-Floopy

Offline Floopy

• Regular Contributor
Re: Tektronix 1225
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 12:51:26 am »
The probes
-Floopy

Offline EE-digger

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 01:39:08 am »
I have a 1220 and it uses 2, P6442 16 Channel Active Probes.

It's a nice little analyzer but the keypad buttons can become sluggish from sitting without use.  You can literally sit watching TV and keep pressing them hundreds of times.  Makes a big difference.

I believe the 1220 at least and probably the next few models, were orphans that Tek purchased from a 3rd party.

The problem with these is that small, USB interface logic analyzers are fairly inexpensive and much easier to use.

Offline Floopy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 02:59:35 am »
I have a 1220 and it uses 2, P6442 16 Channel Active Probes.

It's a nice little analyzer but the keypad buttons can become sluggish from sitting without use.  You can literally sit watching TV and keep pressing them hundreds of times.  Makes a big difference.

I believe the 1220 at least and probably the next few models, were orphans that Tek purchased from a 3rd party.

The problem with these is that small, USB interface logic analyzers are fairly inexpensive and much easier to use.
True, but I got it for a low price and I believe I should at least try to use it.
BTW, I got the ROMs but I can't post them here.
-Floopy

Offline Floopy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 03:06:03 am »
Oh no, Oh no, Oh no, Oh no, Oh no, Oh no, Oh no, Oh no,
 :palm: :palm: :palm: :palm: :palm: :palm: :palm: :palm: :palm:
Okay I did a stupid mistake. I pulled out the ROMs and dumped them all EXCEPT for the printer ROM. I plugged them all back in and I accidentally plugged the printer ROM backward. Upon powering I got a weird screen after some looking around I found that it was inserted the wrong way.  :palm: :scared:
I took it out and the device powered up fine, but upon inspection of the data, it was all corrupted!

Does someone know where I can find a replacement. It was the printer ROM and it had the number  160-5531-01 PRINTER.
I really messed up and I'm doubting that I will find a replacement file on the internet.
HELP!
-Floopy

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf