Author Topic: OWON VDS1022I Quick Teardown (versus the Hantek 6022be)  (Read 234956 times)

Offline GyroTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: OWON VDS1022I Quick Teardown (versus the Hantek 6022be)
« Reply #400 on: November 12, 2019, 08:11:12 pm »
Yesterday I used a promotion on Aliexpress and pulled the trigger on a VDS1022I not in small part due to the developments done on this thread. It is pretty cool to see the work done by the community to make such neat unit be even more usable. Thank you!

The more, the merrier.

There's excellent work going on in the Hantek thread too but it's always going to be limited by its less advanced hardware than the Owon, particularly triggering.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 09:01:46 pm by Gyro »
Best Regards, Chris

The following users thanked this post: rsjsouza

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #401 on: November 12, 2019, 10:00:44 pm »
Yes, the Hantek hardware is a crap shoot when compared to the Owon. Several reviews (including mikeselectricstuff) point to the honesty of Owon's hardware design and build.
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline camomille

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #402 on: November 13, 2019, 07:20:58 am »
Hello,

@Gyro

Thank you for the complete file "images" that allowed me to update my emulator because as you have noticed I am more technical than aesthetic and in addition you are much more talented than me.

@indman

I think I found how the program accesses the list of words "TriggerStatus", but it is necessary that eclipse accepts the Cyrillic in its instructions, it is necessary to modify 5 lines in Cyrillic from "Offline" to "Невсети"
confirm eng / russ conversion of "Offline"

Alain

The following users thanked this post: indman

Offline indman

• Super Contributor
« Reply #403 on: November 13, 2019, 08:31:54 am »
Hi camomille!
Are you implying that I will have to install and study eclipse? :)

Offline camomille

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #404 on: November 13, 2019, 08:36:49 am »
@Gyro

Sorry but after exchanging image files, impossible to compile, error messages.
I reinstall my old version, it will be like before changing your personal pictures. |O

Alain
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 08:38:58 am by camomille »

Offline camomille

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #405 on: November 13, 2019, 08:41:53 am »
@indman
no you do not have to install eclipse, it's me who must have incorporated the Cyrillic, I'm just asking you to confirm the text I wrote in Cyrillic. (post 413)
Only disadvantage (for me), your JAR version will be specific.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 08:44:21 am by camomille »

Offline camomille

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #406 on: November 13, 2019, 09:38:59 am »
@indman

Is good ?

« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 09:42:29 am by camomille »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #407 on: November 13, 2019, 09:48:10 am »
@Gyro

Sorry but after exchanging image files, impossible to compile, error messages.
I reinstall my old version, it will be like before changing your personal pictures. |O

Alain

Ha, that's the first time anyone has called me aesthetically talented!  :D

I'm sorry that the image folder caused you compilation errors. It works fine for me, but of course I am simply inserting it into the completed JAR file, so the compiler never sees it. I suppose it's possible that there is an image size error somewhere. I'm not sure if you could stomach such an ad-hoc method (adding after compilation) without sufficient explanation of the errors!

The ball1.png should at least cause you no compilation errors.

I hoped the complete image folder might save you some time. I have attached just the files related to my revised look (edited for green) individually, in case that helps.

If all else fails, indman knows how to substitute image files in the JAR now so he can do it at his leisure while you're looking at the 'Offline' status.
Best Regards, Chris

Offline indman

• Super Contributor
« Reply #408 on: November 13, 2019, 09:58:30 am »
@indman

Is good ?

Can you show me the entire message list in this trigger window? Do I understand correctly that the maximum length of a word in this window can be 7 characters?
I would translate "Offline" as "Нет сети" and "Auto" as "Авто"  :)

Offline camomille

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #409 on: November 13, 2019, 10:01:53 am »
@Gyro
This is not too serious, because I had to reserve a precedent "workspace" complete.
I reinstated 2 "workspace" (ENG / RUSS) by inspiring me from my posts which serve me memory (that's why I always describe my modifications).

The following users thanked this post: Gyro

Offline camomille

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #410 on: November 13, 2019, 10:34:47 am »
Here is the list of texts displayed in the window "Status"

Auto,Ready,Trg_d,Scan,Stop,Error,ReCfg,AutoSetting,Offline,USBFound,USBDrvErr,MachineNotSupport,Linking,Connect,Detect,Initialize

the program modify these texts :

"Trg_d" is convert in "Trig'd"
"Detect" is convert in "Match"
"Initialize" is convert in "Syncing"
"ReCfg" is convert in "ReSyncing"
"Autosetting" is convert in Autoset..."

It seems that the text modify width of the window (max 10 char !)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 10:39:17 am by camomille »

Offline indman

• Super Contributor
« Reply #411 on: November 13, 2019, 10:46:22 am »
Oh my god, I didn 't think there would be that many messages! :palm:

Offline camomille

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #412 on: November 13, 2019, 10:54:15 am »
there are surely some who are fugitive
Choose priorities because it's a lot of work.

Offline indman

• Super Contributor
« Reply #413 on: November 13, 2019, 11:40:27 am »
camomille,I will probably have to disturb my grey matter and learn to work with eclipse myself. I don 't want to bother you with my requests anymore.  :)

Offline camomille

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #414 on: November 13, 2019, 01:47:04 pm »
@indman

Eclipse is only a tool that must be mastered, but the difficulty is to learn and understand the Java language.
Me, I do not know either, as I said before, it's enough to have time, gray matter and intuition.
In addition to these difficulties, you must constantly translate the notes into Chinese, understand in French (my language), convert to English (for all the world) and possibly incorporate Russian.
I do not speak English or Russian and it is the biggest difficulty because I spend a lot of time with the automatic translator and the checking so that it is almost comprehensible.
If you have time, gray matter and intuition (I think so), then I can give you a tutorial to install it and give you the source in a "workspace".
Otherwise I can make you the incorporation of your texts in Cyrillic, but we must limit you for an important reason, is that I must search all calls to this list for each word and copy / paste your word in Cyrillic, the problem is that if I forget one, at some point your program will be stoped without knowing why and I would not know why.
I will already try with the 2 words "Offline" and "Auto" that you have communicated to me in Cyrillic and you will test.

Offline camomille

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #415 on: November 13, 2019, 02:05:58 pm »
@indman

test with "Нет сети" rejected, apparently it does not tolerate the spaces in the messages, would "Нет_сети" be readable?

I'm not sure he passes because he converted "Trg_d" into "Trig'd", no "underscore" in the direct list.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 02:12:27 pm by camomille »

Offline indman

• Super Contributor
« Reply #416 on: November 13, 2019, 02:17:35 pm »
@indman
If you have time, gray matter and intuition (I think so), then I can give you a tutorial to install it and give you the source in a "workspace".

Yeah, I 'd like to try it.
I 'm not sure I 'll quickly deal with a new tool for me after your explanation.

test with "Нет сети" rejected, apparently it does not tolerate the spaces in the messages, would "Нет_сети" be readable?
I'm not sure he passes because he converted "Trg_d" into "Trig'd", no "underscore" in the direct list.
Yes, "Нет_сети" will be well perceived
"Trig 'd" is meant as "TriggerDetected"?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 02:22:46 pm by indman »

Offline camomille

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #417 on: November 13, 2019, 03:12:36 pm »
@indman

"Нет_сети" has passed but "Авто" does not want (error message), surely implications with the real "Auto"

Here is the link version RUSS (status "Нет сети" + extended calibration module for Cyrillic CTRL L).

https://ufile.io/ghszrdyu

rename VDS_C2_23_RUSS in VDS_C2_23

"Trig'd" no idea

If you want a tutorial to install eclipse, tell me your operating system and if 32 or 64
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 04:04:53 pm by camomille »

Offline indman

• Super Contributor
« Reply #418 on: November 13, 2019, 03:39:01 pm »
camomille,Windows7 64bit,thanks

For your reboot problem after a break, I do not know this problem because I do not use the VDS1022
but I think the track to follow would be rather the USB bus controllers with the power option try unchecked.
I did as you suggested, but it didn 't solve the problem. After a pause of 1 minute or more, the program reports the error with this message "Read or write content err and disconect" and reconnects.
If the pause is shorter, everything works fine.
"Нет_сети" has passed but "Авто" does not want (error message), surely implications with the real "Auto"
Here is the link version RUSS (status "Нет сети" + extended calibration module for Cyrillic CTRL L).
I checked - it works well. What CLASS files have you changed so I can replace them in the JAR archive?
I 'm right - "Trig 'd" is meant as "TriggerDetected"
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 04:47:30 pm by indman »

Offline indman

• Super Contributor
« Reply #419 on: November 13, 2019, 04:50:34 pm »
I wonder if I have installed a fresh version of 1.0.30 and there is no such effect with the PAUSE button - everything works normally. Can any of the scope owners confirm my version? :-//

Offline camomille

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #420 on: November 13, 2019, 05:06:04 pm »
Here is the list of modified files for Offline in Cyrillic

owon\com.owon.vds.foundation_1.0.0\com\owon\uppersoft\dso\source\comm\TrgStatus
line 25 replace Offline by Нет_сети
owon\com.owon.vds.foundation_1.0.0\com\owon\uppersoft\dso\source\comm\detect\InitLinkRunner
line 54 replace TrgStatus.Offline by TrgStatus.Нет_сети
owon\com.owon.vds.foundation_1.0.0\com\owon\uppersoft\dso\source\comm\detect\USBLoopChecker
line 109 replace TrgStatus.Offline by TrgStatus.Нет_сети
owon\com.owon.vds.foundation_1.0.0\com\owon\uppersoft\dso\view\TitlePane
line 139 replace TrgStatus.Offline by TrgStatus.Нет_сети
owon\com.owon.vds.foundation_1.0.0\com\owon\uppersoft\dso\view\TitleStatusLabel
line 73 replace TrgStatus.Offline by TrgStatus.Нет_сети

all these files for 1 word

The following users thanked this post: indman

• Super Contributor
« Reply #421 on: November 13, 2019, 05:37:58 pm »
I wonder if I have installed a fresh version of 1.0.30 and there is no such effect with the PAUSE button - everything works normally. Can any of the scope owners confirm my version? :-//

I'm afraid I can't remember. From my records, this is the list of changes that I (and others) observed between the various versions...

V1.0.11
- Fixed delay in bringing up 'Display' menu (introduced in V1.0.8 )
- Skins working (Black / Blue).
- Math function works Ch1 - Ch2
- FPGA Image V3.5

V1.0.23
- Java Sources included in distribution (oops!).
- Skins working
- Math function broken Ch1 - Ch2 defaults to 5V range, changing it results in flat-line.
- FPGA Image V3.5

V1.0.27
- Math function works
- Skins work
- FPGA Image V3.5

V1.0.28
- FPGA Image V3.7 introduced

V1.0.29
- FPGA Image V3.7
- com.google.gson_2.1.0.v201203072145.jar added to plugins folder (?)

V1.0.30
- FPGA Image V3.7
- com.google.gson_2.1.0.v201203072145.jar in plugins folder.
- Doesn't remember timebase settings across program close.
- Crash when zooming horizontal when in stopped mode.

It is all a little irrelevant though, because it was only V1.0.23 where Owon accidentally included the source files in the distribution. You wouldn't be able to get the Cyrillic changes on the other versions.

Can I suggest using the image save button to capture screenshots rather than keeping the scope in pause for long periods, maybe that would be sufficient to get you over the issue.

The only other thing that Owon introduced in V1.0.28+ was a new FPGA code version - V3.7. If I remember correct, I was able to copy that from the V1.0.30 'fpga' folder and drop it into the V1.0.23 fpga folder without any issues. Whether it makes a difference though...?

P.S. The above list isn't completely comprehensive - different experiences of V1.0.30, maybe related to what version was installed previously.

EDIT:  I've just got my VDS out and checked the Pause button behaviour -  It's working fine on Alain's latest V1.0.23.  Maybe try reinstalling the USB driver... or re-running V1.0.23 after your new install of V1.0.30.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 06:23:36 pm by Gyro »
Best Regards, Chris

Offline indman

• Super Contributor
« Reply #422 on: November 14, 2019, 02:02:48 pm »
EDIT:  I've just got my VDS out and checked the Pause button behaviour -  It's working fine on Alain's latest V1.0.23.  Maybe try reinstalling the USB driver... or re-running V1.0.23 after your new install of V1.0.30.

After your advice, my grey matter came into motion and today I spent a few hours investigating the causes with the Pause button problem.
I installed the original version of owon 1.0.23 without any changes to 2 different computers with the Windows7 64bit operating system. Libusb driver version -1.2.6.0
On both computers the behavior of Pause button was absolutely the same - after 30 or more seconds USB reconnection occurred.
Then I decided to install a newer version of 1.0.27 on both computers as well.
In this version, the Pause button does not cause problems, you can stop the image for any length of time.
Then I installed an older version of 1.0.11 and in its work there is also a problem with the Pause button. So the developer has fixed this problem since version 1.0.27.
Next, I tried to determine which of the JAR archives had changed and, by comparison, I calculated that if you move the folder plugins/com.owon.vds.foundation_1.0.0.jar archive from version 1.0.27 to version 1.0.23, the problem disappears.
Next to this item, my grey matter is not yet moving. :)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 02:25:50 pm by indman »

Offline camomille

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #423 on: November 14, 2019, 02:21:50 pm »
what matters is that your problem is solved. :-+
I checked, I also have the driver libusb_win32 1.2.6.0 of 18/01/12.
I'm on the tutorial eclipse and to be sure I made a new installation on another computer with Windows 7 64 bit and it works perfectly.
I only have the layout, maybe this Week end !

• Super Contributor
« Reply #424 on: November 14, 2019, 06:39:42 pm »
Next, I tried to determine which of the JAR archives had changed and, by comparison, I calculated that if you move the folder plugins/com.owon.vds.foundation_1.0.0.jar archive from version 1.0.27 to version 1.0.23, the problem disappears.

That's very useful information. :-+

I have suspected for a while that 'traces' left by other versions of the S/W can affect what problems can show up - so much that when I was trying to generate my list of version differences, I kept getting confused by what was reliably broken! If you look back a few pages at comments about the Owon website copy of 1.0.30 you will see mention of the bugs I listed, however reinstalling different versions made them not reproducible. I was also convinced that the skin selection function got broken in (I think) 1.0.28 and then fixed again in 1.0.29, but again, I eventually started doubting myself on that too. One thing that seemed consistent - the CD version that comes with the scope almost universally works.

The good thing about Alain's rebuild of V1.0.23 is that it doesn't actually need installing any more, just unzip and run from the folder.

One thing I can say though is that 1.0.23 is a nice vintage!
Best Regards, Chris

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf