Author Topic: If you purchased a RIGOL PLA2216, how many test leads and grabbers did you get?  (Read 868 times)

Offline lunixTopic starter

• Contributor
I got 20 of each.  RIGOL is showing 32 of each in their manual, and the photo on their website shows 32 leads, and says: "Set of digital logic probes (PLA2216, 16 channel + 16 ground) for the Rigol MSO5000 series."  I am wondering if mine is an unusual situation, or whether others have the same experience.

RIGOL has ignored my inquiries about this, and hasn't offered to provide the missing items.  So I reach out to you to try to gain some understanding.

Offline mwb1100

• Frequent Contributor
I don't have a PLA2216, but the user guide clearly states:

PLA2216 provides 16 input signal leads and 16 ground leads

And that there are 32 leads and 32 grabbers included (see pic).

Since they aren't responding, I'd think you should return what was sent and order another.

The following users thanked this post: lunix

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
Yes, you should have received 16 signal plus 16 ground leads with clips, 32 in total. I actually bought one along with my MSO5074 and received it complete with all the mentioned test leads.

So my advise is, contact the place you bought it from and have them deal with it.

• Contributor
I should have mentioned I copied the vendor on this each of three times I have asked RIGOL about it.  My inquiries about this have been met with crickets.

• Contributor
Rigol contacted me.  Today I received a set of leads and probes- USED ones that were stuffed into used static bags.  Draw your own conclusions.  I'm trying to convey my disappointment to them while being kind.  I guess that means that as concerns saying something to them, I am nonplussed.

The following users thanked this post: petrinch

Offline mwb1100

• Frequent Contributor
Glad you got your leads, but definitely not a great response from Rigol and a terrible (non-) response from the vendor.

Offline S. Petrukhin

• Super Contributor
Doesn't U.S. law allow you to interact with the seller and return an incomplete item?

The Rigol probe is beautiful, but it is quite possible that an inexpensive DIY one will be enough for you: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/low-cost-logic-analyzer-probe-for-rigol-mso5000-easyeda-project/msg3088716/#msg3088716
And sorry for my English.

• Contributor
Unfortunately, time is of the essence.  But great job with your probe!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf