Author Topic: Pace MBT 350  (Read 2552 times)

Offline BullTopic starter

Pace MBT 350
« on: June 07, 2021, 10:30:40 am »
Hi guys, does anyone have a copy of the full user and operational manual for the Pace MBT 350 rework station? I just got my hands on one and was wondering how does the Pace tj-85 thermojet hand piece connects to the unit? Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
Re: Pace MBT 350
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 05:50:19 pm »

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 05:56:57 pm »
The important thing is that your ThermoJet needs to be the version with the blue IntelliHeat connector, not the black SensaTemp connector. (An adapter is available though.)

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2021, 07:12:35 am »
Thanks for the link. I already have these manuals but after following the installation process when I activate my foot pedal to allow air to flow out of my tj-85 hand piece. It only activate the the pump for suction and not for air to flow out. Any idea on how I can get this to work? Thanks again for your response

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2021, 07:47:51 am »
BTW mine is the one with the blue connector. The manual I'm asking for is the complete user and operational manual for the MBT 350 not the short 20 page document on Google.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 07:49:59 am by Bull »

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2021, 08:09:25 am »
Thanks for the link. I already have these manuals but after following the installation process when I activate my foot pedal to allow air to flow out of my tj-85 hand piece. It only activate the the pump for suction and not for air to flow out. Any idea on how I can get this to work? Thanks again for your response
There’s only one pump inside, which sucks in the vacuum port and exhausts through the pressure port.

You have to use the green air pressure output port. (As stated on page 5 of the manual.) The knob turns left to open, by the way.

If the pump is activating and creating suction, but no air is exhausting through the pressure port, then an internal hose has come loose or gotten kinked or something.

BTW mine is the one with the blue connector. The manual I'm asking for is the complete user and operational manual for the MBT 350 not the short 20 page document on Google.
What makes you think a longer manual exists?!?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 08:18:36 am by tooki »

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2021, 09:19:37 am »
Thanks again for your fast response. I'll have to open up my unit and have a look tomorrow. But I've try this on 2 units so far and I'm having the same problem.

Initially I had a CD that came with my unit that I have miss placed. I didn't get a chance to see what was on the CD. So I'm was under the impression that a full operators manual was on there including the firmware files. I will never know but if someone else has a copy of the pace CD and confirm that would be great

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2021, 03:00:04 pm »
Initially I had a CD that came with my unit that I have miss placed. I didn't get a chance to see what was on the CD. So I'm was under the impression that a full operators manual was on there including the firmware files. I will never know but if someone else has a copy of the pace CD and confirm that would be great
I have a Pace CD that covers the MTB 350. There’s no other manual for it, dude. Really.

The only media Pace has ever shipped firmware on is ROM chips. They’ve never made any firmware files available.

Thanks again for your fast response. I'll have to open up my unit and have a look tomorrow. But I've try this on 2 units so far and I'm having the same problem.
What happens if you connect the handpiece electrical connector, but not the air hose, make sure the air valve is fully open (all the way CCW) and push the trigger? Does the vacuum port suck, and does the pressure port blow? You should be able to detect it readily. If no, then look inside the station. If yes, then look at your handpiece.

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2021, 06:33:03 am »
Thanks for the information. At least now I know I'm not missing anything too important.
I opened up my unit today and all the pipes seems to be intact. I try running the vacuum with just the hand piece connected to power. The vacuum inlet works fine but the air outlet doesn't blow out anything even with the valve fully opened.
I read on this forum that the blow function on these units isn't the best so I'm think of running an external pump like one's used in fish tanks to get better air flow through the heat gun.

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2021, 05:37:37 am »
Barring leaks, it’s not possible for you to have suction but zero pressure, since they’re the two sides of the same pump.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf