Author Topic: PCB holders  (Read 6936 times)

Online Electro Fan

• Super Contributor
Re: PCB holders
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2021, 06:01:59 pm »
I have the Pana Jr.  It's pretty good, but painfully slow to wind in/out.  You can make a simple winder helper.
PanaVise sells the "Model 239 Speed Control Handle".  I've found it adds enough weight to the adjustment knob that I can twirl it in/out in a few seconds...

+1 for Model 239 Speed Control Handle
~$3-4 on Amazon solves the problem

Offline xmo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2021, 08:03:42 pm »
I have a couple of the Panavise board holders.  Holding the board at an angle lets you work on both sides simultaneously such as when removing through hole components.

For lay flat work I have this one.  It has a heavy metal base about 6" (15 cm) square.

As you can see by the adjustment slots, it can be configured to hold a wide range of sized boards.

Offline bateau020

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2021, 07:28:21 am »
My go-to pcb holder for SMD is the MiJing T26. No screws, just slide and it clicks in. Holds well, releases easily, heat resistant, does not skid over the bench. Just close to ideal. Got mentioned a couple of times here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/reviews/superb-pcb-holder-and-tools-bought-after-seeing-northbridgefix-youtube-videos/msg3450866/#msg3450866
Can be modded to give more clearance below the board.

Edit: I will also try their T-Pro series (http://www.gdmijing.com/productinfo/560691.html), as it has more clearance, they just came out.

But for boards with higher profile stuff on both sides, am trying out the one mentioned by OP lately. Is reasonable heavy, but will not resist heat. The better ones all are much more expensive and much bulkier.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 08:06:50 am by bateau020 »

Offline Psi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2021, 02:25:25 am »
The Pana Jr is imho just plastic junk. I don't recommend it. The metal ones are far better.
Greek letter 'Psi' (not Pounds per Square Inch)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf