Products > Test Equipment

PD 1570 HV power supply - manual, schematics? Anyone?

(1/2) > >>

c4757p:
OK, I just won a Power Designs 1570 high voltage supply on fleaBay - normally I don't buy anything I can't get a manual for, but I got this for $30 + no shipping (local pickup), so I figured I'd go for it :-+. I've been completely unable to find a manual or schematic for this - just a couple little blurbs about its capabilities. Does my Google-fu just suck ass? Does anybody have access to a manual?

c4757p:
Oh, I'm going to have to do a teardown with photos and post them. This is a nice-looking piece of kit. It's in good shape, too.

Sadly, it uses a pair of large beam pentodes for voltage regulation, and one of them is cracked around the anode cap, so I'm waiting for the replacement to arrive. Plenty of time to clean it up and take pictures in the meantime, I guess. I don't really want to start up a 3kV power supply without cleaning the dust out.

It's beautifully simple, too, so I really don't think I need a manual. I might trace out the PCB and get a schematic.

I'll probably replace the electrolytic caps as well. 1974 isn't too bad, but it's not like they're really expensive.

Carrington:
Is like this:
http://www-esd.fnal.gov/esd/catalog/main/powerdes/1570-spec.htm

c4757p:
Yep, that's it.

uoficowboy:
Interesting - I had wondered how those worked on the insides. Definitely have been thinking about getting myself one.

Please post pictures when you have a chance!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version