Author Topic: Phase Angle Oscilloscope reading  (Read 1043 times)

Offline threephase03Topic starter

• Contributor
Phase Angle Oscilloscope reading
« on: May 28, 2023, 01:37:28 am »
Hi All

Does anyone know of any oscilloscopes that can display the phase angle between two signals without having to adjust lines etc.

Cheers in advance   

Online Anthocyanina

• Frequent Contributor
  • The Sara
Re: Phase Angle Oscilloscope reading
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2023, 02:44:23 am »
the rigol 1054z, the keysight 1000x series, the analog discovery(more its software, so all the waveforms compatible devices) all have phase between 2 channels as a predefined automatic measurement that you just have to enable under the scope's measurement options. i mentioned those 3 as those are the ones i have that have the phase masurement, but i would think most other modern oscilloscopes also have automatic phase angle measurement
« Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 02:48:23 am by Anthocyanina »

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2023, 03:36:05 am »
Thanks mate, ill check those out. Much appreciated

Offline Andreas

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2023, 05:17:22 am »
« Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 05:28:34 am by Andreas »

Offline ADT123

• Regular Contributor
    • Pico Technology
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2023, 05:35:02 am »
Whilst the above post is still correct the most recent version of PicoScope 7 can also plot a graph of the phase change between 2 channels using the built in phase maths channel function.  See oscilloscope phase measuremes article https://www.picotech.com/library/oscilloscopes/phase-measurements-and-math-channels
Disclaimer: I have worked for Pico Technology for over 30 years and designed some of their early oscilloscopes. 

We are always recruiting talented hardware and software engineers! Happy to answer Pico related questions when time permits but here as electronics is a hobby

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055, jasonRF

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2023, 06:28:45 am »
Whilst the above post is still correct the most recent version of PicoScope 7 can also plot a graph of the phase change between 2 channels using the built in phase maths channel function.  See oscilloscope phase measuremes article https://www.picotech.com/library/oscilloscopes/phase-measurements-and-math-channels

This looks pretty sick, tempted to buy it just to have fun with it.

Cheers mate

Offline jasonRF

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2023, 01:06:35 pm »
Andreas and ADT123 - thanks for posting about the new features in Picoscope 7!  I have been one of the users that has requested this feature at least a few times, and I had not realized it had been released.  I just now downloaded the latest 'Early Access' and there it is!

Cheers!

jason

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf