Author Topic: RS RTM3K vs RTA4K  (Read 2915 times)

Offline metebalciTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: RS RTM3K vs RTA4K
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2021, 11:30:46 pm »

I wish RS clarifies this. I understand it is something to publish the data on the spec for RTA, but to claim one is "significantly" better than other is a bit strange.

Online egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2021, 11:45:54 pm »
Hello,

to claim that the noise floor from RTA is "significantly" better than the noise floor from RTM is in my opinion wrong.

Best regards
egonotto

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2021, 12:01:18 am »
Yes you have a bit of a dilemma wanting a low noise front end DSO and to do FRA to some 100+ MHz.
SDS2104X Plus could be a 2 birds with one stone solution although you still need a signal stimulus to 100+ MHz.
Not one instrument can do both beyond ~50 MHz which is the limit of SDS2104X Plus internal AWG.

My question regarding to freq. response analysis on the other thread and the question on this thread is actually not very related :)
:-//
If 120 MHz FRA is sufficient maybe they are more closely related than you are aware.
https://siglentna.com/wp-content/uploads/dlm_uploads/2019/12/SDS2000X-Plus_Datasheet_DS0102XP_E01A-2.pdf
P16
Bode plot to 120 MHz
Measure: Upper cutoff frequency, Lower cutoff frequency, Bandwidth, Gain margin, Phase margin
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline metebalciTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2021, 12:19:18 am »
@tautech, that question was more about 500MHz+. Obviously there is no AWG like that in any scope. That brought me VNAs etc.

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline MikeP

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2021, 06:15:20 am »
 Until that moment, I believed that the RTA was quieter than its younger brother. In any case, these are very good oscilloscopes, albeit expensive ones.

Please post the same screenshot with noise, but for limited bandwidth - 20MHz. If possible, the minimum RBV and noise in FFT mode. Thanks.

I think it will be interesting to see how Tektronix does it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf