Author Topic: Info wanted: National Instruments DAQCard-6062E  (Read 1188 times)

Offline User32Topic starter

• Contributor
  • Dell Precision Fanboy
Info wanted: National Instruments DAQCard-6062E
« on: April 29, 2021, 03:06:06 pm »
What is this CardBus device for? I bought a laptop for parts and it had this card in it's PCMCIA slot.

Offline alm

• Super Contributor
Re: Info wanted: National Instruments DAQCard-6062E
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2021, 05:20:38 pm »
It's a data acquisition device which has a number of analog input and output channels, connecting to the likely missing dongle that plugs into the side of the card. Kind of like having multiple multimeters, except that they only have a single voltage range. You could use it to measure sensors and control actuators, for example.

Here you see a number of modern devices that do something similar but using more modern I/O like USB: https://www.ni.com/nl-nl/shop/data-acquisition.html

The following users thanked this post: User32

Offline IRFP

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2021, 05:36:14 pm »
Good evening,
It is a DAQ, there are PCMCIA - USB converters to recycle the card.

• Contributor
  • Dell Precision Fanboy
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 06:27:09 pm »
It's a data acquisition device which has a number of analog input and output channels, connecting to the likely missing dongle that plugs into the side of the card. Kind of like having multiple multimeters, except that they only have a single voltage range. You could use it to measure sensors and control actuators, for example.

Here you see a number of modern devices that do something similar but using more modern I/O like USB: https://www.ni.com/nl-nl/shop/data-acquisition.html
Interesting. Any particular reason that they're asking ridiculous prices for it on eBay?

Offline alm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 08:07:23 pm »
Are they actually selling for those prices, or is it just people hoping that some day someone desperate will come that will pay a ridiculous price? The only reason I can see is to replace a card that is in some existing setup that has to meet some stringent certification, and changing the procedure is more expensive than buying a new card. Like if it was part of an Airforce procedure to maintain an F-16. Otherwise I'd say the thing is almost useless without its dongle.

• Contributor
  • Dell Precision Fanboy
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2021, 08:41:41 pm »
Are they actually selling for those prices, or is it just people hoping that some day someone desperate will come that will pay a ridiculous price? The only reason I can see is to replace a card that is in some existing setup that has to meet some stringent certification, and changing the procedure is more expensive than buying a new card. Like if it was part of an Airforce procedure to maintain an F-16. Otherwise I'd say the thing is almost useless without its dongle.
A similar card (6036E) sold for $90 last February: https://www.ebay.com/itm/284122762891

I had some tard offer me €5 lol

• Contributor
  • Dell Precision Fanboy
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2021, 01:42:59 pm »
I had zero offers for it so I guess there's no market for these anymore. Time to toss it?

Offline rvalente

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2021, 06:21:02 pm »
I'd use it, I'm not sure if you're familiar with labview but, you can do a lot of interesting things with the "virtual instruments", I was looking for DAQ board myself, its a shame there is no dongle but, you can always make a break-out board.

anyway, its really useful

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf