Author Topic: Rigol MSO1074Z Logic Analyser useless ? Need software to read the data on the PC  (Read 2724 times)

Offline staviqTopic starter

So i'm bashing my head against the wall right now.

Can't seem to find a single piece of software that will read data from the LA in the scope.

Ultra Scope provided by Rigol is a joke.
Ultra Sigma provided by Rigol, what does it even do ? No manual, no nothing.

Sigrok/Pulsewiev, tried it because someone has sigested it to me, doesn't work for s**t, ignores trigger, and when it finally decides to read some data it merges all the LA channel signals into single output on D0.

Tried to do the slow way and do exports to the pendrive, and i can't find any software that will be able to read those exports.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 03:39:31 pm by staviq »

The following users thanked this post: Professzore

Offline abraxa

• Frequent Contributor
  • Sigrok associate
Hey there,

I don't have that scope myself, so I can't comment on the functionality of it. I can however say that we at sigrok try hard to make things work for our users. As you may have noticed, the scope you were trying to use with our software isn't officially supported. The fact that the software still recognizes it is because we want to allow users to try using it and report back on any issues they encounter. It's a "best effort" kind of strategy.

If you're still interested in getting this to work, I suggest you check out our IRC channel at #sigrok on freenode. We have several people with Rigol scopes there and of course also the people who work on the rigol-ds driver. Together, we should be able to work out what the issue is with your scope and could then add your model to the list of officially-supported devices.

All the best,
 -Soeren

The following users thanked this post: MiataMuc, TwisteR, bit_banger

Offline metrologist

• Super Contributor
I was just trying sigrok with my DS1104Z and sigrok does not find the device. It's like the button is dead. UltraSigma connects and reports *IDN?  :-//

After installing sigrok on Win10, the new items in the start menu were some kind of driver installation utility rather than the pulseview application. I recall this driver utility from my SDR, and I think I tried this several months ago and that did not work, and it completely broke all other comms to the rigol (such as UltraSigma) and was an effort to figure out how to fix it again...

I know there are other software to try, but am curious what sigrok can do with this scope. It would be nice to standardize on one tool since I'm getting a logic analyzer soon and will use sigrok with that.

Thanks.

Offline Professzore

• Contributor
  • Measure twice, then check calibration.
Hi,

I've been in the very same situation since I purchased my scope a few years ago. My original decision was to have a MIXEDsignal oscilloscope, to analyze the correlation (both on time domain and transferred data) between the analog channel(s) and different serial protocols (mostly i2c, SPI, and UART).
Within the past years, I've been agonizing during nearly EVERY measurement session made with this, otherwise rather capable scope. MSO version is a joke... There was only one and only use I found it as a good tool when I tried to find the main cause of a serious sync issue in an array of shift registers (595s). At that time, I needed way over 4 channels to be synced.
For any future buyers, please note, AVOID any software-based decoding functionality in any scope. Most of them are barely capable to meet your requirements.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf