Author Topic: POST Hacking Rigol MSO5000 - POST HACKING TUTORIAL - DEEP DIVE  (Read 7479 times)

Offline 3PinFanHeader

• Contributor
Re: POST Hacking Rigol MSO5000 - POST HACKING TUTORIAL - DEEP DIVE
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2024, 03:10:23 pm »
Sorry for my misunderstandin friend :) Thank YOU for making them, thank @thorstormlord for reencoding them

Thank you all for your efforts :)

I hope I didn't rub anyone the wrong way - This is one community I have the utmost respect for :)

Online BTOTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2024, 03:18:36 pm »
I use handbrake, it's open source and quite powerful.
I've never used handbrake, i'll give it a go.
i've just gone through all the video's very quickly

1. i can notice a decrease in quality, so.. i'ts not Lossless.  HOWEVER...
Given that you reduced like 9.5GB to like 2.25GB i think it was.  that's bloody awesome and it's good enough to be still
watchable at the times when i'm showing scopes directly through the webcam  so.. WELL DONE MATE, Good job
QUESTION EVERYTHING!!!

Offline thorstormlord

• Contributor
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2024, 03:22:46 pm »
Tbh I did encode them on a pretty powerless machine (Microsoft surface) but I can do them on a more powerful gaming pc if your find anything too inappropriate about them.
I'll watch them throughout and see if I find anything bad.i may recode that single one.
Anyways I don't mind hosting them indefinitely man.
\m/ Heavy Metal is the Law. \m/

Online BTOTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2024, 03:45:23 pm »
Sorry for my misunderstandin friend :) Thank YOU for making them, thank @thorstormlord for reencoding them

Thank you all for your efforts :)

I hope I didn't rub anyone the wrong way - This is one community I have the utmost respect for :)
Not at all, All good mate.
Now, he reduced almost 10GB to 2GB
Are you able to download them now ?
QUESTION EVERYTHING!!!

Online BTOTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2024, 03:48:54 pm »
Man,
1stly the vids are being recoded.
2ndly I never really thought about it but yeah mega has a download limit for non users.but anyone can easily make a free account and enjoy.
3rdly after vids are recoded I'll find another cloud to host them for the people.
Until then a different IP computer will solve the download issue

1 i saw that... Cool

2. yeah neither did it,  Who would think huh ?

3. Ok sounds cool, send me the link when you're ready and i'll edit the URL
QUESTION EVERYTHING!!!

Online BTOTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2024, 03:52:06 pm »
Tbh I did encode them on a pretty powerless machine (Microsoft surface) but I can do them on a more powerful gaming pc if your find anything too inappropriate about them.
I'll watch them throughout and see if I find anything bad.i may recode that single one.
Anyways I don't mind hosting them indefinitely man.
No man, from what i can tell they're fine. They are absolutely watchable, Most of the context takes place on VNC Viewer anyway and what needs to be explained gets explained anyway.
as for the rest of it that isn't VNC Based, it's not that bad.  JUST LEAVE IT AS IS, Unless someone complains or whatever . But i think it'll be fine
Ultimately this is about explaining how to use a person's scope to it's full potential, it's not about 4k Video resolution.  I think the video's are good enough.
QUESTION EVERYTHING!!!

The following users thanked this post: thorstormlord

Online BTOTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2024, 02:21:15 pm »
Tomtektest is very good and he is a follower if the forum but he is against hacking the scope.
I watched his video, it's a very good video and shows the evolution of how the functions came about
QUESTION EVERYTHING!!!

The following users thanked this post: Protegimus

Offline TIP142

« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2024, 09:29:56 am »
Hello,

I was just wondering if there was a published 'hack'/upgrade for a Rigol MSO5072 with Firmware 01.03.02.02.  I was just about to follow the guide for 01.03.00.03 and then realized - I should stop! 

Many thanks

Online BTOTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2024, 09:59:41 pm »
Hello,

I was just wondering if there was a published 'hack'/upgrade for a Rigol MSO5072 with Firmware 01.03.02.02.  I was just about to follow the guide for 01.03.00.03 and then realized - I should stop! 

Many thanks

NO YOU SHOULDN'T STOP, You are incorrect.
Keep going

This is the publsihed upgrade for 1.3.2.2
What i mean is , This post is a post upgrade tutorial but it does include a link to the formal upgrade procedure.

As for your problem
if you are on 1.3.2.2 just download the file in the link ,which is the file to upgrade to 1.3.3.0 and you'll be fine,
There was no reason for you to stop.

if you want the file for 1.3.2.2 i can provide that if you like but.. i don't really see the point unless you are on a lower version
and want to upgrade only to 1.3.2.2 and then stay at that version. why would someone do that though, why wouldn't you just upgrade to 1.3.3.0 ?

if you want the upgrade file for 1.3.2.2   here it is
https://mega.nz/folder/A8cEgQRI#5FSoMrCurJi71T7VkRPgYQ

You will actually find both upgrade files at this location.

But Just understand that you can upgrade from 1.3.2.2 to 1.3.3.0 Using the file that is already provided.
Give it a crack . let me know how you go or if you have any issues
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 10:55:33 pm by BTO »
QUESTION EVERYTHING!!!

Online BTOTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2024, 08:55:14 am »
Hello,

Many thanks

CONGRATULATIONS on Upgrading your scope.

Now, Watch the video series that has been uploaded her to learn how to fully use your scope.
QUESTION EVERYTHING!!!

Offline 3PinFanHeader

• Contributor
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2024, 01:24:13 pm »
Yes, I was able to download it - and am watching as I am able to find time :)

Thanks again - I'm always excited to learn something new or somthing old better  :-+

Online BTOTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2024, 01:05:23 am »
Yes, I was able to download it - and am watching as I am able to find time :)

Thanks again - I'm always excited to learn something new or somthing old better  :-+

That's great and you're welcome.
By all means GO THROUGH IT SLOWLY and in our own time.
it's More important that you digest the information fully as opposed to going through it all in one day.

one of the reasons the video's were created is because i understand no newbie is going to digest this on 1 zoom call.
You need to watch it and re watch it and keep it as reference, it takes time to sink in.
you need to do a few experiments along the way so it sets solid in your mind.

so yes, Take your time , But learn it well.
QUESTION EVERYTHING!!!

Offline BRZ.tech

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2024, 12:31:31 am »
Hi,
@BTO
I have some questions about using the MSO5000, which I ask you and other colleagues to repeat the test and help with the solution:

1. Measure SlewRate of a Square Wave Signal.
Connect the MSO5000 GI to CH-1, with Square Wave and f=1MHz, and Amplitude = 1Vpp.
See the IMG, notice that the SlewRate Measurement is in the unit of (Mv/s).
It turns out that the SlewRate unit is (V/us) and the MSO5000 displays (Mv/s).
Besides (v) is in lowercase and should be capitalized (V). The (Mv) means (Mega Volt) which is a very large number, and at the bottom it shows (s) which means (seconds) and should be (us).
I was unable to change the Unit of SlewRate in the MSO5000 menu.
Check how to resolve this.   

2. Using the (Ref) function to store IMG of signals and compare
We will use the MSO5000 GI on CH-1, to generate several signals, to be stored in the (Ref) table and in Drive (C). Press the buttons in the sequence:

2.1 Generate a Sinosoidal Signal and place it in Memory (Ref1) and save it on Drive (C):
(Generate a sinusoidal signal of f = 100KHz and Amplitude = 1Vpp) -> (Ref) => (Ref1) -> (Current = Ref1) -> (SaveToRef) -> (More) -> (Color -> ORANGE) - > (Export) -> (File Type -> *.ref) -> (File Name -> RigolDS0) -> (Save) -> (Close (C) -> x) -> (Menu off)
Verify -> Move -> (CH-1 -> V-Position) -> (Verify Signal Yellow and Orange) ->
(Press -> CLEAR).

2.2 Generate a Square Wave and place it in Memory (Ref5) and save it in Drive (C):
(Generate a Square Wave signal of f = 100KHz and Amplitude = 1Vpp) -> (Ref) => (Ref1) -> (Current -> Ref5) -> (SaveToRef) -> (More) -> (Color -> GREEN) -> (Export) -> (File Type -> *.ref) -> (File Name -> RigolDS1) -> (Save) -> (Close (C) -> x) -> (Menu off).
Verify -> Move -> (CH-1 -> V-Position) -> (Verify Signal Yellow and Green) ->
(Press -> CLEAR).

2.3 Generate a Ramp Wave Signal and place it in Memory (Ref10) and save it in Drive (C):
(Generate a Ramp Wave signal of f = 100KHz and Amplitude = 1Vpp) -> (Ref) -> (Current -> Ref10) -> (SaveToRef) -> (More) -> (Color -> RED) -> (Export ) -> (File Type -> *.ref) -> (File Name -> RigolDS2) -> (Save) -> (Close (C) -> x) -> (Menu off)
Verify -> Move -> (CH-1 -> V-Position) -> (Verify Signal Yellow and Red)
-> (Press -> CLEAR).

3. Read the Memoirs (Ref):
(Power off -> GI)
We save different Signals in Memories (Ref1) and (Ref5) and (Ref10).
And we save the IMGs in Drive (C), in positions (RigolDS0), (RigolDS1) and (RigolDS2).
The objective is to place the Memory Signals (Ref1) and (Ref5) and (Ref10) on the screen to use to compare with a signal of interest:
(Press -> Ref) -> (More) -> (Details) -> (See table -> (Ref1) and (Ref5) and (Ref10))

Dear @BTO, I can't bring the signals saved in (Ref1) and (Ref5) and (Ref10) to the screen.
Check how to do this.

4. Read the IMGs saved in Drive (C), place them in the (Ref) table and execute:
(Press -> Default -> OK)
(Press -> Ref -> Ref1) -> (More) -> (Details) -> (See the table -> is Reset) -> (Close Table -> x) ->
(Press -> Import) -> (Local Disk (C)) -> (Select -> RigolDS0.ref) -> (Load)
->
(Verify -> Saved -> Ref1)
-> (Press -> CLEAR) -> (Menu off)

(Press -> Ref -> Ref2) -> (More) -> (Import) -> (Local Disk (C)) -> (Select -> RigolDS1.ref) -> (Load) ->
(Verify -> Saved -> Ref2)

(Press -> Ref -> Ref10) -> (More) -> (Import) -> (Local Disk (C)) -> (Select -> RigolDS2.ref) -> (Load) ->
(Verify -> Saved -> Ref10)

Dear @BTO, I can't bring the signals saved in (Ref1) and (Ref5) and (Ref10) to the screen. I can only run the most recent IMG brought from Drive (C), and if I press (CLEAR) the IMGs become inaccessible.
Any colleague can comment on my question.
Translation with Google Translate.

modify: "item #2.2" from "sinusoidal signal" to "Square Wave".
« Last Edit: May 01, 2024, 07:23:16 pm by BRZ.tech »

Online BTOTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2024, 06:22:11 am »
Hi,
@BTO
I have some questions about using the MSO5000, which I ask you and other colleagues to repeat the test and help with the solution:

3. Read the Memoirs (Ref):
(Power off -> GI)
We save different Signals in Memories (Ref1) and (Ref5) and (Ref10).
And we save the IMGs in Drive (C), in positions (RigolDS0), (RigolDS1) and (RigolDS2).
The objective is to place the Memory Signals (Ref1) and (Ref5) and (Ref10) on the screen to use to compare with a signal of interest:
(Press -> Ref) -> (More) -> (Details) -> (See table -> (Ref1) and (Ref5) and (Ref10))

Dear @BTO, I can't bring the signals saved in (Ref1) and (Ref5) and (Ref10) to the screen.
Check how to do this.

Hi mate,
RE Problem 1 - I'm looking into it.

Re Problem 2 and 3   - IS NOT A PROBLEM, ALTHOUGH I CAN SEE HOW IT WOULD BE CONFUSING.

1. I'm going to make a video on this as i can see a lot of people asking this question

For now , i'll give you a text response as well.

As you stated
Go to GI - Let's just say
WAVE 1 - SINE - 1Khz - 1Vpp
Go to     REF1 / MORE / COLOUR (Assign unique colour)
back to MORE / LABEL / DISPLAY = ON
back to LABEL / Label = REF 1
BACK / BACK to REF
SAVE TO REF
(THIS SAVES THE FILE TO THE SCREEN)
REF /MORE / EXPORT
File Type  .ref
File Name RigolDS1
SAVE
(THIS EXPORTS THE FILE TO BE STORED ON THE C: DRIVE) for later use

Now repeat this process for 2 other waves
Assign a unique colour
Assign a Unique Label
Assign a Unique REF#
SAVE IT

EXPORT THEM and before Export GIVE THE FILES UNIQUE EXPORT NAMES

If you do that...

HERE IS HOW YOU GET THEM ALL ON SCREEN
You can clear the screen, it makes no difference

1. Select REF
2. Select CURRENT (Ref of choice)  say Ref 1
3. MORE / IMPORT
THIS WILL BRING THE FILE BACK

Now go to

4. Select REF
5. Select CURRENT (Ref of choice)  say Ref 2
6. MORE / IMPORT
THIS WILL BRING THE FILE 2 BACK

7. Select REF
8. Select CURRENT (Ref of choice)  say Ref 1
9. MORE / IMPORT
THIS WILL BRING THE FILE 3 BACK

You will now have them all on screen
QUESTION EVERYTHING!!!

Online BTOTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2024, 07:42:13 am »
Hi,
@BTO

Dear @BTO, I can't bring the signals saved in (Ref1) and (Ref5) and (Ref10) to the screen. I can only run the most recent IMG brought from Drive (C), and if I press (CLEAR) the IMGs become inaccessible.
Any colleague can comment on my question.
Translation with Google Translate.

Hi mate, the files are accessible,
Follow the instructions in the last post, I've also made a video that i will shortly post after i edit it.
In short
SAVE TO REF : Only saves the file to the screen
EXPORT : Save the file to the C Drive
IMPORT : Brings it back from the C Drive to the Screen

You can select any one of the 10 Reference Slots and Select any of the sources CH 1 - CH 4 + L.A. and In L.A. you can select any of the channels
from D0 - D15 for digital comparison

Anyway, it all works, i think you just didn't use the IMPORT option
QUESTION EVERYTHING!!!

Online BTOTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2024, 08:11:00 am »
Hi,
@BTO

1. Measure SlewRate of a Square Wave Signal.
Connect the MSO5000 GI to CH-1, with Square Wave and f=1MHz, and Amplitude = 1Vpp.
See the IMG, notice that the SlewRate Measurement is in the unit of (Mv/s).
It turns out that the SlewRate unit is (V/us) and the MSO5000 displays (Mv/s).
Besides (v) is in lowercase and should be capitalized (V). The (Mv) means (Mega Volt) which is a very large number, and at the bottom it shows (s) which means (seconds) and should be (us).
I was unable to change the Unit of SlewRate in the MSO5000 menu.
THIS IS A VERY VALID POINT
k = Kilo =  LowerCase "k" (According to S.I. Units) and it follows that
V = Volts = Uppercase "V"
s = Seconds = LowerCase "s"
m = milli = LowerCase "m"
M == Mega = UpperCase "M"

and even by comparison the Vpp and Vavg are measuring in uppercase V, YOU ARE CORRECT

there is no setting for this,
I have forwarded this onto a senior Engineer at Rigol who is currently taking all this very seriously,  and IT WILL BE ADDRESSED, don't worry.
I just don't have a date as to when it will be,
I know they are going to look at it tomorrow, but this needs to be fixed in a new firmware update and given that now we have 125 issues to fix.
i don't know exactly when it'll be, but i'm happy to keep you updated.

so that's all the problems sorted.
QUESTION EVERYTHING!!!

Offline BRZ.tech

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2024, 01:39:34 pm »
Hi,
Dear @BTO,
Thank you for commenting on my doubts.
I put my questions here, because luckily you have good contact with a Rigol Engineer, who can answer the technical FW and UI questions raised by MSO5000 consumers.
Yes, I agree with you that:
“Re Problem 2 and 3 - IS NOT A PROBLEM, ALTHOUGH I CAN SEE HOW IT WOULD BE CONFUSING.”
See that I put the entire procedure here, so you and other colleagues can reproduce the test.
I suggest that the Memories (Ref1 -> Ref10) are numbered in the UI as (Ref0 -> Ref9), This will maintain the logic of all files saved in Drive (C).

I saw that you were able to place (ALL) the IMGs saved in Drive (C) on the screen at the same time, and also in the (Ref) Table.

@BTO, but in practice this is not necessary.
For example, see that you can make a sequence of Waveform Measurements of many signals in one (Radio #1). And save in the Table (Ref) and in the Drive (C). To then compare with other Radios identical to (Radio #1), to adjust, for example, IF Coils, RF Filters, etc...
See that you have in Drive (C) the IMGs of interest to adjust everything you need, and you can transfer them to the table (Ref), to use (ONE AT A TIME), and not all at the same time. You only need (1 IMG at a time) to make the comparative adjustment.

And then you do one (Press -> Default) and delete the entire Table (Ref), and do other things of your interest.

On another day, you take a different model (Radio #2) and do the same procedure. And you don't have to worry about numbering, as the MSO5000 does automatic and sequential numbering, starting from (RigolDS0 -> RigolDS1). You just need to have external control of what was saved in each position of the (RigolDS x)... Or change the name of each one, in each operation.
But imagine that you have 200 or more IMGs saved in Drive (C) of many Radios and other Equipment, I think it is better to leave the automatic numbering of the MSO5000.

And one fine day, you have a model of (Radio #2) to adjust.
It's simple, you can load 10 IMG at a time, in Memories (Ref1 -> Ref10) and you are ready to adjust (EACH ONE) of the adjoints, step by step, and the screen has to have (1 IMG at a time), and not the ones (10 IMGs at the same time).
See that if you (Press -> CLEAR) you clear the screen of all IMGs, and what I want is to sequentially select the IMGs from (Ref1 -> Ref10), (ONE AT A TIME), and do a comparative test, and adjust your copy of (Radio #x) as it is in the IMG of Ref.
But the MSO5000 UI does not allow you to load just one IMG, for example (Ref3) on the screen. Check.

Another idea, imagine that you are in a small artisanal factory, where you have (10 Adjustment Stations), with different people or operators. And each (Adjustment Station) has an MSO5000 loaded with a single Reference IMG (Refx), each operator makes an adjustment, and see that productivity will increase a lot, as well as the quality of the adjustments.
@BTO, notice on your MSO5000 that the UI does not give you the option to load (1 IMG) saved in the (Ref) Table. You load (10 IMGs), and have (10 IMGs) at the same time, but you can't load just (1 IMG). Some (BUTTON) is missing from the UI. Check out.
In the hypothetical (Adjustment Station), it is impractical to have (10 IMGs) on the screen at the same time for the Operator to choose (One), and compare with a signal of interest on a board.
To be continued.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2024, 07:28:19 pm by BRZ.tech »

Offline BRZ.tech

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2024, 02:00:52 pm »
Hi,
Dear @BTO,
To explain better, and you understand:
You stated that:
“Anyway, it all works, I think you just didn't use the IMPORT option”
Check my msg #62, in (item #4) that I used the (IMPORT) function to bring the IMGs saved in Drive (C) to a position in the Table (Refx).

The central issue is that you can IMPORT (10 IMGs) saved in Drive (C), and load them into Memory positions (Ref1 -> Ref10). But you can't use it (ONE AT A TIME). Check out:
(Press -> CLEAR) and try running just one IMG saved in the (Ref Table).

As for your message #65, you understood my question regarding SlewRate measurement, and forwarded it to the solution. It's great that you were able to open this solution channel with the Rigol Engineer.

I have other similar UI questions, in the Bode Plote and FFT functions. I will produce a coherent text, and post it here for you and other colleagues, to see if there is any viable solution.
Much obliged.

Online BTOTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2024, 02:01:59 pm »
Hi,
Dear @BTO,
I put my questions here, because luckily you have good contact with a Rigol Engineer, who can answer the technical FW and UI questions raised by MSO5000 consumers.
Yes, I agree with you that:
“Re Problem 2 and 3 - IS NOT A PROBLEM, ALTHOUGH I CAN SEE HOW IT WOULD BE CONFUSING.”
See that I put the entire procedure here, so you and other colleagues can reproduce the test.
I suggest that the Memories (Ref1 -> Ref10) are numbered in the UI as (Ref0 -> Ref9), This will maintain the logic of all files saved in Drive (C).

I saw that you were able to place (ALL) the IMGs saved in Drive (C) on the screen at the same time, and also in the (Ref) Table.

For example, see that you can make a sequence of Waveform Measurements of many signals in one (Radio #1). And save in the Table (Ref) and in the Drive (C). To then compare with other Radios identical to (Radio #1), to adjust, for example, IF Coils, RF Filters, etc...
See that you have in Drive (C) the IMGs of interest to adjust everything you need, and you can transfer them to the table (Ref), to use (ONE AT A TIME), and not all at the same time. You only need (1 IMG at a time) to make the comparative adjustment.

And then you do one (Press -> Default) and delete the entire Table (Ref), and do other things of your interest.

On another day, you take a different model (Radio #2) and do the same procedure. And you don't have to worry about numbering, as the MSO5000 does automatic and sequential numbering, starting from (RigolDS0 -> RigolDS1). You just need to have external control of what was saved in each position of the (RigolDS x)... Or change the name of each one, in each operation.
But imagine that you have 200 or more IMGs saved in Drive (C) of many Radios and other Equipment, I think it is better to leave the automatic numbering of the MSO5000.

And one fine day, you have a model of (Radio #2) to adjust.
It's simple, you can load 10 IMG at a time, in Memories (Ref1 -> Ref10) and you are ready to adjust (EACH ONE) of the adjoints, step by step, and the screen has to have (1 IMG at a time), and not the ones (10IMGs at the same time).
See that if you (Press -> CLEAR) you clear the screen of all IMGs, and what I want is to sequentially select the IMGs from (Ref1 -> Ref10), (ONE AT A TIME), and do a comparative test, and adjust your copy of (Radio #x) as it is in the IMG of Ref.
But the MSO5000 UI does not allow you to load just one IMG, for example (Ref3) on the screen. Check.

Another idea, imagine that you are in a small artisanal factory, where you have (10 Adjustment Stations), with different people or operators. And each (Adjustment Station) has an MSO5000 loaded with a single Reference IMG (Refx), each operator makes an adjustment, and see that productivity will increase a lot, as well as the quality of the adjustments.
@BTO, notice on your MSO5000 that the UI does not give you the option to load (1 IMG) saved in the (Ref) Table. You load (10 IMGs), and have (10 IMGs) at the same time, but you can't load just (1 IMG). Some (BUTTON) is missing from the UI. Check out.
In the hypothetical (Adjustment Station), it is impractical to have (10 IMGs) on the screen at the same time for the Operator to choose (One), and compare with a signal of interest on a board.
To be continued.

- No problem

See that I put the entire procedure here
- Yes i saw that, Thank you

- of course not, i was just finding a solution for you

- The other thing you could do that would be better would be to create a .stp (Setup File), You customize your scope, then you create
the setup file and then just reload the setup when you're ready, Or.. You could hit Default then setup.

what I want is to sequentially select the IMGs from (Ref1 -> Ref10), (ONE AT A TIME), and do a comparative test
- YOU CAN.. i've got a video coming, don't worry

- YES IT DOES

@BTO, notice on your MSO5000 that the UI does not give you the option to load (1 IMG) saved in the (Ref) Table
- NO.. it does allow me to load only 1 image

You load (10 IMGs), and have (10 IMGs) at the same time, but you can't load just (1 IMG).
- NO, i chose to load that many images, But i can load 1 or 3 or 10 as i choose,  Just use the IMPORT selection

Some (BUTTON) is missing from the UI. Check out.
- Which Button is Missing ?

- I Agree, but in that scenario each operator CAN  have ONLY 1 Reference waveform loaded.
QUESTION EVERYTHING!!!

Online BTOTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2024, 02:54:25 pm »
Hi,
Dear @BTO,
You stated that:
Check my msg #62, in (item #4) that I used the (IMPORT) function to bring the IMGs saved in Drive (C) to a position in the Table (Refx).

The central issue is that you can IMPORT (10 IMGs) saved in Drive (C), and load them into Memory positions (Ref1 -> Ref10). But you can't use it (ONE AT A TIME). Check out:

As for your message #65, you understood my question regarding SlewRate measurement, and forwarded it to the solution. It's great that you were able to open this solution channel with the Rigol Engineer.

I have other similar UI questions, in the Bode Plote and FFT functions. I will produce a coherent text, and post it here for you and other colleagues, to see if there is any viable solution.
Much obliged.

Check my msg #62, in (item #4)
OK, i missed that, i stand corrected..

i did, Look at the attachment
QUESTION EVERYTHING!!!

Offline BRZ.tech

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2024, 03:10:36 pm »
Hi,
Dear @BTO,
1. TKS, you are making a video clarifying the subject.
“Quote
what I want is to sequentially select the IMGs from (Ref1 -> Ref10), (ONE AT A TIME), and do a comparative test
- YOU CAN.. i've got a video coming, don't worry”

2. You asked:
“Quote
- Which Button is Missing ?”

Response:
Carry the first IMG:
(Clear All Memories) -> (Press -> Default) ->
(Press -> Ref) -> (More) -> (Detalis) -> (Verify -> all Memories (REF1 -> REF10) are Clean) -> (Close REF Table -> x) -> (Back) ->
(Select -> Current -> Ref1) -> (More) ->
(Press -> Import) -> (Local Disk (C) -> (Select -> RigolDS0.ref) -> (Load)
-> (More) (Details) -> (Verify -> Only (REF1) is with IMG saved) -> (Close REF Table -> x) -> (CLEAR) -> (Menu off).

Carry others IMG:
(Press -> Ref) -> (More) -> (Select -> Current -> Ref2) -> (More) ->
(Press -> Import) -> (Local Disk (C) -> (Select -> RigolDS1.ref) -> (Load)
-> (More) (Details) -> (Verify -> (REF1 and REF2) are with IMGs saved) -> (Close REF Table -> x) -> (CLEAR) -> (Menu off).

(Press -> Ref) -> (More) -> (Select -> Current -> Ref3) -> (More) ->
(Press -> Import) -> (Local Disk (C) -> (Select -> RigolDS2.ref) -> (Load)
-> (More) (Details) -> (Verify -> (REF1 and REF2 and REF3) are with IMGs saved) -> (Close REF Table -> x) -> (CLEAR) -> (Menu off).

CARRY ONLY ONE Ref Table IMG:
(Press -> Ref) -> (More) -> (Details) -> (See the REF1 -> Table) ->
(It is MISSING Button) -> (Touch one REFx IMG -> May be: REF1, REF2 or REF3) -> (OK) -> (Carry on the Screen the Signal IMG)

@BTO this is as far as I managed to get. I'm waiting for your video on how to load just one IMG from the REF Table on the Screen.
Enter the sequence of buttons you have to press to load just ONE IMG from the REF Table.

TKS.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2024, 07:32:49 pm by BRZ.tech »

Online BTOTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2024, 03:23:28 pm »
Hi,
Dear @BTO,
1. TKS, você está fazendo um vídeo esclarecendo o assunto:
“Quote
- YOU CAN.. i've got a video coming, don't worry”

2. Você perguntou:
“Quote
- Which Button is Missing ?”

Response:
Carry the first IMG:
(Clear All Memories) -> (Press -> Default) ->
(Press -> Ref) -> (More) -> (Detalis) -> (Verify -> all Memories (REF1 -> REF10) are Clean) -> (Close REF Table -> x) -> (Back) ->
(Select -> Current -> Ref1) -> (More) ->
(Press -> Import) -> (Local Disk (C) -> (Select -> RigolDS0.ref) -> (Load)
-> (More) (Details) -> (Verify -> Only (REF1) is with IMG saved) -> (Close REF Table -> x) (CLEAR) -> (Menu off).

Carry others IMG:
(Press -> Ref) -> (More) -> (Select -> Current -> Ref2) -> (More) ->
(Press -> Import) -> (Local Disk (C) -> (Select -> RigolDS1.ref) -> (Load)
-> (More) (Details) -> (Verify -> (REF1 and REF2) are with IMGs saved) -> (Close REF Table -> x) (CLEAR) -> (Menu off).

(Press -> Ref) -> (More) -> (Select -> Current -> Ref3) -> (More) ->
(Press -> Import) -> (Local Disk (C) -> (Select -> RigolDS2.ref) -> (Load)
-> (More) (Details) -> (Verify -> (REF1 and REF2 and REF3) are with IMGs saved) -> (Close REF Table -> x) (CLEAR) -> (Menu off).

CARRY ONLY ONE Ref Table IMG:
(Press -> Ref) -> (More) -> (Details) -> (See the REF1 -> Table) ->
(It is MISSING Button) -> (Touch one REFx IMG -> May be: REF1, REF2 or REF3) -> (OK) -> (Carry on the Screen the Signal IMG)

@BTO this is as far as I managed to get. I'm waiting for your video on how to load just one IMG from the REF Table on the Screen.
Enter the sequence of buttons you have to press to load just ONE IMG from the REF Table.

TKS.

Regarding the Video.. it's rendering Now, should be around 30mins or so

Regarding the Missing buttons,  OK, i'll pass that on to the Senior Engineer
QUESTION EVERYTHING!!!

The following users thanked this post: BRZ.tech

Online BTOTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2024, 04:06:21 pm »
Hi,
Dear @BTO,
You stated that:

Much obliged.

HERE IS THE VIDEO
https://mega.nz/folder/OsJyFY5A#8uS0fmepgBdNrXqvnxmFfg
« Last Edit: May 05, 2024, 06:04:09 pm by BTO »
QUESTION EVERYTHING!!!

Offline BRZ.tech

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2024, 06:38:33 pm »
Dear @BTO,
I'm grateful for the video. I watched it in its entirety.
I realized that you understood my difficulty, of selecting from (Ref Table) just (ONE IMG), and loading it on the Screen.
And also sent the suggestion to the Rigol Engineer.

One thing we didn't tell the rest of the list is that you can change the signal period, and the Amplitude, and place the Original Signal in any position on the screen.

For example, the two squares at the bottom of the Screen. And when you save it in the (Ref Table) and in the Drive (C), the Vertical Position of the signal on the screen is also recorded, and you cannot change it, when you load the signal from the Drive (C), to the (Ref Table).

When you load the Signal on the Screen, from (Table Ref), you can change the Period (time) of the signal, but the Amplitude (Volt) remains fixed.

And when you, for example, input an external signal for analysis, on the CH-1, you can decrease the Amplitude (Vertical) and Adjust V-Position, and adjust the Period (Horizontal), so that it matches the Signal Period, and you make the necessary adjustments so that the Signal of interest has exactly the same Shape, Amplitude and Period as the Signal (Ref Table) loaded on the Screen.

TKS. 73.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2024, 06:46:20 pm by BRZ.tech »

Online BTOTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2024, 04:08:07 am »
Dear @BTO,
I'm grateful for the video. I watched it in its entirety.
I realized that you understood my difficulty, of selecting from (Ref Table) just (ONE IMG), and loading it on the Screen.
And also sent the suggestion to the Rigol Engineer.

One thing we didn't tell the rest of the list is that you can change the signal period, and the Amplitude, and place the Original Signal in any position on the screen.

For example, the two squares at the bottom of the Screen. And when you save it in the (Ref Table) and in the Drive (C), the Vertical Position of the signal on the screen is also recorded, and you cannot change it, when you load the signal from the Drive (C), to the (Ref Table).

When you load the Signal on the Screen, from (Table Ref), you can change the Period (time) of the signal, but the Amplitude (Volt) remains fixed.

And when you, for example, input an external signal for analysis, on the CH-1, you can decrease the Amplitude (Vertical) and Adjust V-Position, and adjust the Period (Horizontal), so that it matches the Signal Period, and you make the necessary adjustments so that the Signal of interest has exactly the same Shape, Amplitude and Period as the Signal (Ref Table) loaded on the Screen.

TKS. 73.

I AGREE, i saw that as well , 2 things i picked up on
- You can't adjust vertical position of the reference signal
- When you enable cursors you can't set REF1 or whatever reference as the source

Now.. here are a few work arounds
Re the Vertical Position.
If you're going to have a REF 1 let's say and then have CH 1 as the source signal you are overlaying it with.
You can just adjust the CH 1 to be in the position of the REF 1 signal

Re Cursors,  Same thing, You can set the cursors to have a SOURCE of CH 1, which TECHNICALLY means the cursors are MEASURING CH 1
and not the REF 1, HOWEVER... You can still derive the readings you need by doing it this way.
QUESTION EVERYTHING!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf