EEVblog® Electronics Community Forum

Products => Test Equipment => Topic started by: rauldm on July 24, 2021, 02:16:58 am

Title: Power supply Matrix MPS 3005H review.
Post by: rauldm on July 24, 2021, 02:16:58 am
Hi everyone, I bought a new power supply from amazon, the brand is Matrix MPS 3005H.

Specifications.

-Two regulated power supply of 30V-5A, maximum 31V-5.1A
-Single fixed power supply of 5V-3A.
-Parallel, series and independent modes supported.

Highlights.
-Encoder type knobs, this feature is incredible because lock the value, you need push and turn knob for change value for current or voltage.
-OVP and OCP settings, this part I like it, because in OCP mode is very useful for me, fix a current value if limit is overpased, output turn off.
-Output botton independent for each power supply except fixed power supply.
-Start  with programed modes, you can select if you want the power supply turn on with outputs on or off, turn off beep, or fix limits for voltage and current.
-Toroidal type tranformer.
-Low noise.
-Comes with three 4 mm plug alligator cables and printed user manual.[attach=1]

I think this power supply it has good quality for price range, I paid around 200 USD for it.
Only bad thing with this power supply is the fan noise, fan is activated automatically by temperature.

I hope your comments.
Title: Re: Power supply Matrix MPS 3005H
Post by: rauldm on July 24, 2021, 02:19:29 am
Noise with 110 Watt
Title: Re: Power supply Matrix
Post by: Analog4 on July 25, 2021, 07:06:06 am
You might check out alternative fans.

My MATRIX TECHNOLOGY MPS-6005D+, Variable Linear Regulated Adjustable DC Power Supply had a noisy fan. I replaced it a different fan, which seems to work fine and is much quieter:

GDSTIME 80mm Fan, 80mm x 80mm x 15mm 24V DC Brushless Cooling Fan Sleeve Bearing, Part #   GDT8015S24V2P2.54FS
Noise Level    31 dB, Rated Speed: 3000RPM; Air flow: 35.6 CFM

Check your power supply to see if there are alternative fans that might work. I think a noisy of the fan was not a design priority for the Matrix manufacturer.
Title: Re: Power supply Matrix MPS 3005H review.
Post by: rauldm on July 26, 2021, 10:28:23 pm
Hi, Thanks for your answer, I will try put other fan, really is noisy, what do you think about your matrix PS?
Regards.
Title: Re: Power supply Matrix MPS 3005H review.
Post by: amir.razzaqi on September 26, 2026, 08:17:29 pm
Hi
Do you know the type if rotary encoder knob? I need to replace one of mines.