Author Topic: Problem with the X axis on analog oscilloscope (PM3232)  (Read 2510 times)

Offline luc.aas_Topic starter

• Contributor
Re: Problem with the X axis on analog oscilloscope (PM3232)
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2020, 06:16:39 pm »
Yeah I think I will do that dang I feel bad now haha, no really I know the X parameters it's just that it doesn't work. The guy on eBay refuses refund so I think I'm stuck with that thing. Yeah I know the danger of high voltage I stay safe use gloves when opened I'm really careful ! Anyway thanks for helping me
Seeing as the seller had already refused to refund you, you should have at that point raised it directly with eBay and to do that you need to go to your "Purchase History", then find the item that you want a refund on and follow these steps as shown in the attachments. Once that has been done, eBay will normally find in your favour very quickly, often with in hours, if they don't get a response from the seller, or if they are unhappy with the tone of the sellers response. It really is that simple.

It's always nice to give the seller a chance to respond first before you go to eBay to make a claim, you did and the seller refused. It is eBay's promise to buyers, is a full refund if something is wrong with your purchase, but you have to start that process quickly and leave it until the time is up.

Ooh! That is clearer now thanks! I did exactly what you shown on your screens but no news from the seller or eBay I just have to wait I guess. Thanks a lot to help me again!

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2020, 06:20:39 pm »
Okay the seller sent me two messages ten minutes ago, he said me in "at description very capitalized that the 100 % does not control.  Sorry but withdrawal is not possible" so I don't know what to do now.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2020, 06:33:28 pm »
Well that is up to you, you can either leave it and put it down to a learning process or you can invoke the eBay warranty of a refund as I showed you. We have all been in your position before and have learned from the process.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2020, 06:37:19 pm »
Okay the seller sent me two messages ten minutes ago, he said me in "at description very capitalized that the 100 % does not control.  Sorry but withdrawal is not possible" so I don't know what to do now.

What's the number of the item (found in the URL), or just the URL itself. Example: 153967972196 or https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Farnell-L30BT-Power-Supply-240v/153967972196

We can have a quick look to give our opinions as to what you should or shouldn't tell ebay.

This will almost certainly end up with your complaining to ebay.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

• Contributor
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2020, 06:45:14 pm »

What's the number of the item (found in the URL), or just the URL itself. Example: 153967972196 or https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Farnell-L30BT-Power-Supply-240v/153967972196

We can have a quick look to give our opinions as to what you should or shouldn't tell ebay.

This will almost certainly end up with your complaining to ebay.

there https://www.ebay.com/itm/264746683726

• Contributor
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2020, 06:47:08 pm »
Well that is up to you, you can either leave it and put it down to a learning process or you can invoke the eBay warranty of a refund as I showed you. We have all been in your position before and have learned from the process.

But if I invoke the eBay process what will happens? I will send back the scope and eBay will pay me back?

I know and I'm really thankful, you guys are teaching me really well!

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2020, 07:03:15 pm »
Two things stand out instantly.

The "condition" is "used", and that means specific things in ebay sales. It looks like that is grounds for rejection...
https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/item-conditions-category?id=4765&st=3&pos=1&query=Item%20condition%20by%20category&intent=condition&lucenceai=lucenceai
Used: The item was previously used. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but it is fully operational and functions as intended. This item may be a floor model or store return that has been used. See the seller’s listing for full details and a description of any imperfections.

The pictures you show have significant damage to the controls. Hence a reason for rejection would be "arrived damaged". Particularly if you have pictures as you unwrapped it and they show damage, this might be an easier route.

As for what happens, you can use the ebay "Help & Contact" link at the top of the page. My understanding is that if the vendor wants it back, they have to pay the shipping.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2020, 07:22:46 pm »

But if I invoke the eBay process what will happens? I will send back the scope and eBay will pay me back?

I know and I'm really thankful, you guys are teaching me really well!
All you are doing is going through official channel to request a return and refund. Once you have filed your claim with eBay, you do nothing until eBay tell to. I personally have never had to return anything but I have had 100% refunds. The seller is highly likely not to want it back anyway as they will know that they cannot then resell it again without declaring it as spare or repair and will get a far lower price for it. In addition to having to refund you the cost of the postage of the scope back to him.

Just fill in the form as I showed and then wait for eBay to swing into action.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2020, 07:31:26 pm »
The sellers description reads as this, once translated into English so the damage done in transit does look to be your best route, because the seller did actually state that it switched ON/OFF but not tested 100%, so that may mean that eBay could say to you that you should have read the description and looked at the photos for more information about its actual condition.

"I am selling a measuring device Philips PM 3232 oscilloscope
Technically switching on / off works. Exposure goes (see photo). Not checked at 100%.

Visually normal signs of wear.

Technical data see internet or pictures please."
Who let Murphy in?

• Contributor
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2020, 12:50:43 pm »
The description and the state it was selling don't make really sense that is why it is confusing

And well the seller sent me a message and he will refund the scope but not the delivery so.. I guess it's okay. If I don't receive the money then I will follow what you guys just said. Thanks a lot. I will keep you posted

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2020, 01:10:12 pm »
What I always tend to do with oscilloscopes, is look at the ones that are local to me so that I can go and collect it to eliminate the chances of it being damaged in transit. The other advantage is also of course is that often you are able to see it working fully before paying for it. Yes, with eBay, you can agree to pay cash on collection so that would prevent a similar situation from happening again in the future. That way, if you're not happy with the condition of the scope for whatever reason, you can simply walk away from the deal. Also of course, if the seller is local to you, then often they will allow you to pop round and have a little play with the scope before you bid on it, in much the same way as you would if bidding on a car on eBay, you would certainly want to inspect and have a quick test drive of a car, yes?

Keep us updated. 
Who let Murphy in?

• Contributor
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2020, 06:11:51 pm »
What I always tend to do with oscilloscopes, is look at the ones that are local to me so that I can go and collect it to eliminate the chances of it being damaged in transit. The other advantage is also of course is that often you are able to see it working fully before paying for it. Yes, with eBay, you can agree to pay cash on collection so that would prevent a similar situation from happening again in the future. That way, if you're not happy with the condition of the scope for whatever reason, you can simply walk away from the deal. Also of course, if the seller is local to you, then often they will allow you to pop round and have a little play with the scope before you bid on it, in much the same way as you would if bidding on a car on eBay, you would certainly want to inspect and have a quick test drive of a car, yes?

Keep us updated.

Yess! Now I got the lesson, to buy things like oscilloscope, I will firstly be more careful of the description, and also look for local ones. I just noticed one working near my to home so I might buy it in the future. Thanks a lot for all the helps, advice and all. Thanks!!  :)

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2020, 07:48:36 pm »
You are most welcome, we don't bite here, not if we can help it at least  >:D :-DD :-DD :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

• Contributor
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2020, 02:47:40 pm »
After a long time... I come back to say thanks to all of you! I couldn't resend the scope so I tried to reverse engineer it and I finally repaired it and now my 1978 scope works really well! Everything is original I didn't change anything it was just a wire on a transformer that was unsoldered... Thanks everyone to helped me

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2020, 08:40:58 am »
Glad to hear that it is all sorted out. Next if you need to make a claim, you will know how to now, we're all pleased to have been a help to you.
Who let Murphy in?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf