Products > Test Equipment

Program that can log from many multimeters.

<< < (712/717) > >>

Gertjan:
Hi HKJ,

The idea behind my question was that for you basic language and syntax for the definition files are obvious (too basic to even think about).
But please realise that for users who are writing a definition for TC, it is not. Often they aren't even experienced programmers.

So some help in that department would be welcome. Now too often we struggle along by copying from your examples and existing definitions, hoping to get it right...

regards, Gertjan.

HKJ:

--- Quote from: Gertjan on June 24, 2024, 05:47:08 pm ---The idea behind my question was that for you basic language and syntax for the definition files are obvious (too basic to even think about).
But please realise that for users who are writing a definition for TC, it is not. Often they aren't even experienced programmers.

So some help in that department would be welcome. Now too often we struggle along by copying from your examples and existing definitions, hoping to get it right...

--- End quote ---

I agree the documentation could be better, what I have been thinking about is isolate the common part in one page and then put all the driver specific parts in on or two pages, that would not really change the contents, but might make it easier to understand.

Pukker:

--- Quote from: HKJ on June 24, 2024, 07:11:57 am ---
--- Quote from: MrPete on June 22, 2024, 08:22:25 pm ---Others are using Riden DP60xx -- I see it has a temp sensor, and tracks temp  in the supplied software, which sounds great.

BUT TC does not support that.

Any idea why?

--- End quote ---

Many device definitions in TC are written by users and I have no control over what they want to support.
It is fairly easy to modify a definition or make a new definition to fix some shortcomings.

--- End quote ---

When you want to modify the device defenitions for the Ridens to readout Temperature sensor,
look at these registers.

0023 TEMP PROBE C RO
0024 0
0025 TEMP PROBE F RO
RO means Read-Only

Complete list attached as PDF.

xduan:
I have a hantek hdm3065 I used the software made available by hantek but the software is very blocked, it does not allow me to control the multimeter physically and is also very slow, has anyone already implemented this multimeter in the topic owner's software?

Messtechniker:
Since the hdm3065 has an USB device interface and no virtual COM interface, integration via USB with Test Controller will not be possible. Integrating instruments from the same family with a RS 232 interface or a LAN interface should be possible. Test controller should be able handle these ports and the SCPI commands of this instrument.
Just give it a try. HKJ is very helpful and resposive to any questions you may have.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version