Author Topic: Program that can log from many multimeters.  (Read 489487 times)

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Program that can log from many multimeters.
« Reply #625 on: May 26, 2020, 09:38:04 am »
Can someone do a description for SDL1000X loads because I wouldn't know where to start ?  :palm:
https://int.siglent.com/upload_file/user/SDL1000X/SDL1000X_Programming_Guide_V1.0.pdf

I can get your started. Connect the load to the computer, the select the "Load devices" page and right click on the combo box. Select "Create new SCPI..."
Run through the four buttons on that page, if you uses a network connection you need to fill in the IP address.

Then add to the new device file:

#value Voltage V D3
#value Current A D3

#askValues MEAS:VOLT?;MEAS:CURR?

This ought to get your two columns with values from the load.
Next is setting up the load in some mode, we can talk about that if the above works.
OK, thanks much but it's getting late here and rainy day forecast tomorrow so maybe a better time for a play.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline HKJTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Tests
« Reply #626 on: May 26, 2020, 01:06:48 pm »
V0.73 is up.

I noticed that the last version could have a high cpu load and memory consumption, this is fixed.
I have added Std.Dev. Math types, both a running version and one that calculates for all data.

I have been working on a review of East Tester ET3240 and at the same time I added it to TestController. This definition is rather primitive due to lack of documentation, but can log data. If anybody have some documentation on the "SCPI" protocol I am very interest in it.

The following users thanked this post: tubularnut, Marco1971

Offline tubularnut

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #627 on: May 26, 2020, 01:55:02 pm »
Can someone do a description for SDL1000X loads because I wouldn't know where to start ?  :palm:
https://int.siglent.com/upload_file/user/SDL1000X/SDL1000X_Programming_Guide_V1.0.pdf

I can get your started. Connect the load to the computer, the select the "Load devices" page and right click on the combo box. Select "Create new SCPI..."
Run through the four buttons on that page, if you uses a network connection you need to fill in the IP address.

Then add to the new device file:

#value Voltage V D3
#value Current A D3

#askValues MEAS:VOLT?;MEAS:CURR?

This ought to get your two columns with values from the load.
Next is setting up the load in some mode, we can talk about that if the above works.

Worked for me , thank you, I was wondering where to start with this  :)

Offline HKJTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Tests
« Reply #628 on: May 26, 2020, 02:13:13 pm »
Worked for me , thank you, I was wondering where to start with this  :)

You can add these lines to the file:

#finalCmd :INP 0

#cmdSetup number Current
:read: :CURR?
:write: :CURR
Amps 0 30

#cmdsetup buttonsOn Status
:write: :INP
:read: :INP?
off 0
on 1

There need to many more #cmdSetup entries for a full definition, but it is hard to do without the load to test on.
You may get some inspiration from the Itech/Bk/Maynuo definitions (They are fairly identical).
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 02:19:38 pm by HKJ »

Offline tubularnut

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #629 on: May 26, 2020, 02:18:00 pm »

You can add these lines to the file:

#finalCmd :INP 0

#cmdSetup number Current
:read: :CURR?
:write: :CURR
Amps 0 30

#cmdsetup buttonsOn Status
:write: :INP
:read: :INP?
off 0
on 1

There need to many more #cmdSetup entries for a full definition, but it is hard to do without the load to test on.

Works a treat  :-+ thank you.

I'll work on this and also a Siglent SPD3303X-E, and hopefully make some contribution to the project.

Offline HKJTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Tests
« Reply #630 on: May 26, 2020, 02:24:24 pm »
I'll work on this and also a Siglent SPD3303X-E, and hopefully make some contribution to the project.

Sounds good.
When finished with a definition, check the manufacturer model range, you may be able to support multiple models with only a little extra work by using #meta and #metadef and some edit instruction.

The following users thanked this post: tubularnut

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #631 on: May 26, 2020, 07:36:12 pm »

Sounds good.
When finished with a definition, check the manufacturer model range, you may be able to support multiple models with only a little extra work by using #meta and #metadef and some edit instruction.
With the SPD3303X and X-E, the supplied SW package EasyPower already supports 1mV/mA resolution by default which is only available in the X model UI vs 10mV/mA in the UI of X-E models.
Hope that makes sense.

The SDL1000X range consists of 4 models, X and X-E in 200 and 300W versions and again X versions have the 10x higher resolution of 0.1mV/mA.
We do have a beta version of EasySDL SW made available by a member that provided a link to an ISO of the factory shipped CD however it's never been released publically and apparently is back having rework to fix bugs.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline HKJTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Tests
« Reply #632 on: May 26, 2020, 07:54:06 pm »
With the SPD3303X and X-E, the supplied SW package EasyPower already supports 1mV/mA resolution by default which is only available in the X model UI vs 10mV/mA in the UI of X-E models.
Hope that makes sense.

The SDL1000X range consists of 4 models, X and X-E in 200 and 300W versions and again X versions have the 10x higher resolution of 0.1mV/mA.
We do have a beta version of EasySDL SW made available by a member that provided a link to an ISO of the factory shipped CD however it's never been released publically and apparently is back having rework to fix bugs.

They probably returns different answers to the *IDN? request and that must match for the software to work.
The difference in digits and power can also easily be handled, but is not vital for function.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #633 on: May 26, 2020, 08:14:24 pm »
Hope that makes sense.

They probably returns different answers to the *IDN? request and that must match for the software to work.
Not for SDP3303X and X-E models, both get the same setting resolution when driving them with the EasyPower SW.

For SDL loads I cannot say yet as another member suspects the HW is identical for 200 and 300W models so maybe just maybe the EasySDL SW doesn't distinguish between models either.  :-//
We will know in the near future I suspect.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline MikeLud

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #634 on: May 27, 2020, 01:50:30 am »
HKJ,

A new 60V/12A Riden Power Supply (RD6012) was released the other day. Attached is an updated device file that supports both RD6006 and RD6012 (RD6012 not tested).

* RidenRD60xx.txt (7.29 kB - downloaded 97 times.)

Offline HKJTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Tests
« Reply #635 on: May 27, 2020, 04:35:30 am »
A new 60V/12A Riden Power Supply (RD6012) was released the other day. Attached is an updated device file that supports both RD6006 and RD6012 (RD6012 not tested).

Thanks. The old Riden definition has been replaced, the definition will be included from next update.

Offline Grandchuck

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #636 on: May 27, 2020, 02:26:19 pm »
Thanks for adding standard deviation ... a nice feature!

Offline HKJTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Tests
« Reply #637 on: May 27, 2020, 03:19:47 pm »
Thanks for adding standard deviation ... a nice feature!

If you want larger numbers you can multiply with 1e3 or 1e6 in the "Source formula" column, that would scale std.div. a similar amount.

Offline PushUp

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #638 on: May 28, 2020, 09:25:55 pm »
Is it possible to popup the "values from chart" window a bit more to the left or even in the middle? Any time I click into the chart graph, in order to see the values, the window is outside of my display - see my attachment.

I assume, that you wanted to have a clear view to the graph, however, even in the same session, you need to pick the window to the readable place on the display, when clicking a 2nd time into the graph (after it disappeared), which is a little awkward in my opinion, to drag and drop the window with the mouse again and again. Do I have an option to tweak it?  :-/O

One Linux-Question:
Has anybody managed to use a Brymen with TestController so far?

Offline HKJTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Tests
« Reply #639 on: May 29, 2020, 05:15:52 am »
Is it possible to popup the "values from chart" window a bit more to the left or even in the middle? Any time I click into the chart graph, in order to see the values, the window is outside of my display - see my attachment.

I assume, that you wanted to have a clear view to the graph, however, even in the same session, you need to pick the window to the readable place on the display, when clicking a 2nd time into the graph (after it disappeared), which is a little awkward in my opinion, to drag and drop the window with the mouse again and again. Do I have an option to tweak it?  :-/O

If you run the window a bit below full screen it will work, but I will adjust the position a bit for the next version.

One Linux-Question:

I doubt it, the method I uses to read HID is obvious only valid on Windows. I hope to fix it at some time in the future.

The following users thanked this post: PushUp

Offline tubularnut

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #640 on: May 29, 2020, 08:21:56 am »

As per HKJ's comment:

I can get a Brymen 869S working with Windows 10, but the communication is patchy with macOS, and the program generally crashes.

The following users thanked this post: PushUp

Offline HKJTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Tests
« Reply #641 on: May 29, 2020, 01:22:57 pm »
V0.74 is up.

This is minor improvements and one new definition.

Added interface popup to the preview function
Included Riden RD6012
Added new version notification
Added units to the chart and histogram scales
Modified values popup position to better handle the screen edge.

The new version notification, first time it will be visible is when I do the next update:

Click on it to get a list of changes.

The following users thanked this post: Messtechniker, PushUp, tubularnut, Marco1971, MikeLud

Offline gby

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #642 on: May 31, 2020, 06:54:43 pm »
Hi HKJ,

I am trying to work with a device using the ascii driver and I am trying to have the end of line be carriage return line feed.  My device file has:

#port 23
#eol \r\n
#driver ascii

Running TestController in debug mode no matter what I do with the #eol line in the device file debug output shows what I type plus 0x0A at the end which is line feed.  Am I using the syntax/order wrong or does the ascii driver not use the #eol command?  Simply asked, how do I use the ascii driver with end of line being CRLF (\r\n)?

Offline HKJTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Tests
« Reply #643 on: May 31, 2020, 07:09:08 pm »
I am trying to work with a device using the ascii driver and I am trying to have the end of line be carriage return line feed.  My device file has:

#port 23
#eol \r\n
#driver ascii

Running TestController in debug mode no matter what I do with the #eol line in the device file debug output shows what I type plus 0x0A at the end which is line feed.  Am I using the syntax/order wrong or does the ascii driver not use the #eol command?  Simply asked, how do I use the ascii driver with end of line being CRLF (\r\n)?

The Ascii driver is installing its own comm driver and skips setting up the eol sequence.
I plan on releasing a new version tomorrow and it will be fixed there.

You may be able to do a work around by placing ("\r") at the then of you #scpiCmd commands (I have not tested if it works).

Offline gby

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #644 on: May 31, 2020, 07:44:43 pm »
HKJ, thanks for the quick answer.  I tried adding "\r" in the commands before and I tried again just now adding to #scpiCmd lines.  TestController just adds those characters and does not change \r to 0x0F.  That is, I get 5C 72 0A instead of 0F 0A at end of line.

I will wait for word of next version with #eol working with ascii driver to try again.

Offline HKJTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Tests
« Reply #645 on: May 31, 2020, 08:37:00 pm »
HKJ, thanks for the quick answer.  I tried adding "\r" in the commands before and I tried again just now adding to #scpiCmd lines.  TestController just adds those characters and does not change \r to 0x0F.  That is, I get 5C 72 0A instead of 0F 0A at end of line.

Did you put the \r in brackets and quotes?

Offline gby

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #646 on: May 31, 2020, 11:28:28 pm »
Pardon my ignorance, but I am not sure what "put the \r in brackets and quotes" exactly means.  Below are variations I tried and all of them ended up just sending the added character and none added the \r (0x0D).

#scpiCmd A1:RDKVP? txrx? AXIS1.VL.KP"\r"
#scpiCmd A1:RDKVP? txrx? AXIS1.VL.KP["\r"]
#scpiCmd A1:RDKVP? txrx? AXIS1.VL.KP{"\r"}

Offline HKJTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Tests
« Reply #647 on: June 01, 2020, 06:58:46 am »
Pardon my ignorance, but I am not sure what "put the \r in brackets and quotes" exactly means.  Below are variations I tried and all of them ended up just sending the added character and none added the \r (0x0D).

The correct one was:

#scpiCmd A1:RDKVP? txrx? AXIS1.VL.KP("\r")

but it did not work anyway.

Offline HKJTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Tests
« Reply #648 on: June 01, 2020, 07:04:35 am »
V0.75 is up

With one significant improvement (y-scale), a lot of small details and some more documentation:
   Chart Y scale can be any column, but only time column will give access to cursor.
   Fixed: Finding formats when loading files did not really work, it works now.
   East Tester ET3240 update, it now includes control of the meter.
   Added functions to support RTD sensors: RTD("PT100",resistance)
   Added functions to support thermocouple sensors: thermocouple("J",voltage)
   Added a solve() function to calculator.
   Added a poly() function to calculator.
   Fixed: #eol can be used on Ascii devices.
   Published documentation for supported function in the calculator. This page also means I have removed some documentation from other pages. https://lygte-info.dk/project/TestControllerFunctions%20UK.html

The following users thanked this post: Marco1971, MikeLud

Offline HKJTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Tests
« Reply #649 on: June 01, 2020, 07:10:06 am »
Just a note:

I was out of screen space on the chart page, this means the y-scale selection is hidden.
Rigth click on the hh:mm:ss checkbox to see it:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf