Author Topic: New Zoyi multimeter+oscilloscopes - ZT-70xS, up to 50MHz/250MSps (nov 2022)  (Read 61476 times)

gameru and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Fimek

• my blog
I guess it is the same problem as I have observed.

1st picture: the signal (I've confirmed the signal purity with another oscilloscope):
2nd picture: What oscilloscope shows - 1st timebase settings  (the frequency measurement is disturbed)
3rd picture: What oscilloscope shows - 2nd timebase settings

The problem occurs no matter if persistence is active. It also appears on second channel.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 11:10:22 pm by Fimek »

Offline Luvticus

I was curious about this behaviour and did some experimenting. Used the built in generator with triangle and 100Hz to be in the same range as your signals. I can reproduce such signal shifts only if I set the the trigger horiz offset OUTSIDE the current time window. The 703 shows a small horizontal green arrow in this situation. Normally if the trigger is within the time window, there is also the trigger 'T' visible in this range pictogram at the top. Your last screenshots however show that the trigger is in the current time window and in this case I did not observe the  effect. It is a bit of a problem that potential large horizontal offsets after zooming into a waveform in STOP/HOLD mode are not reset when you go back to RUN mode. I have to click quite a bit to get it back into range. Maybe a long-press on TRIG should better not only reset the trigger level but also the trigger offset.

I can confirm, that the artifacts appear reproducible on sweeping the horizontal trigger offset to the right and/or to the left border, also in run mode. Also the frequency reading changed to a wrong value  while scrolling. After pressing the stop button I counted 130 ms distance with my setup (values and ranges in the picture) until the exact same distortion was showing up.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 03:46:56 pm by Luvticus »

Offline tzok

• Regular Contributor
I find ZT-703S to be very useful and a great upgrade over ZT-702S. As its predecessor, it is very intuitive in use, but I'm missing an option to cycle through cursor modes by long pressing F4. Other Fn keys have well-thought-out long-press functionalities, only F4 has none.

Offline black6host

• Contributor
Do you have cursors turned on by selecting menu and cycling through until where you can specify what cursor type?  (Horizontal, vertical or both...)  This has to be set prior to the F4 key selecting any cursors.  If you don't, F4 won't do anything.  I've had no problems with any of the firmware versions from 1.27 on, haven't tried prior versions.

I find ZT-703S to be very useful and a great upgrade over ZT-702S. As its predecessor, it is very intuitive in use, but I'm missing an option to cycle through cursor modes by long pressing F4. Other Fn keys have well-thought-out long-press functionalities, only F4 has none.

Offline black6host

• Contributor
I'd like to post that like many others, when I received my 703S I was unable to get probes locked onto the BNC connectors.

I'm happy to report that after usage for awhile that the supplied probe goes on and locks as it should without undue twisting.  I haven't used the second channel much so putting the probe on that and getting a lock is still problematic.  My guess is should I use that connector more often it would loosen up a bit as well.

It shouldn't be an issue at all and I'm glad it resolved itself before I started modifying the case or probes.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 04:24:44 pm by black6host »

The following users thanked this post: RAPo

Offline tzok

• Regular Contributor
Do you have cursors turned on by selecting menu and cycling through until where you can specify what cursor type?  (Horizontal, vertical or both...)  This has to be set prior to the F4 key selecting any cursors.  If you don't, F4 won't do anything.  I've had no problems with any of the firmware versions from 1.27 on, haven't tried prior versions.
Yes, but I don't understand, why they haven't assigned cycling through these menu options (cursors: none, horiz., vert., both) to F4 long-press. It would be way more convenient, than navigating through the menu. Especially, since there is nothing else assigned to F4 long-press.

Offline black6host

• Contributor
Probably because you'd have to cycle through all the cursors, horizontal and vertical, to adjust the ones you want.  If you're only interested in time then having horizontal cursors you don't use just adds info you don't need on screen.  And, you may not want cursors visible at all.  I think the approach is a good one given the limitations of a handheld but hey, I'm open to suggestions! 

Yes, but I don't understand, why they haven't assigned cycling through these menu options (cursors: none, horiz., vert., both) to F4 long-press. It would be way more convenient, than navigating through the menu. Especially, since there is nothing else assigned to F4 long-press.

Online ksxx

• Contributor
Do you really use the cursor tool on this small instrument? Fo me the current F4 it is a total waste. I would rather suggest to have the trigger mode or measurement settings on this button.
Another one: The long press on F2 (move) should not only reset the vertical offset but also the horizontal offset.

Offline tzok

• Regular Contributor
Do you really use the cursor tool on this small instrument?
Yes, it is very useful for me. I was missing cursor functionality in ZT-702S. For me, it is one of the most crucial functions, way more useful than automatic measurements.

Offline naiclub

• Regular Contributor

The following users thanked this post: tonyalbus

Offline lchao

• Contributor
Official update to 1.32 worked for me as well. Beside the 100x option, there seem to be no visible news in the menu. Not 100% sure, but the AUTO function seems to make better choices with offsets and sensitivity when using 1 channel vs 2 channel. The vpp,min,max measurements  give readings that do not depend on the vertical offset anymore. RMS though does change with the vertical offset. Still, the measurements are off by a lot for spiky signals like pulses with a low rep rate. It looks as only a fraction of the displayed data is used for the measurements and thus the peaks while visible might get thrown out of the analysis.
Some info on what's new in Firmware 1.3.2 (by Tim - who left Zoyi):
1, Fix the inaccurate duty cycle measurement.
2, Add probe attenuation of X100.
3,Add voltage amplitude calibration, and include amplitude calibration test in the manufacturing process.
Source: comment section of this video:

PS: Some time ago on this forum thread there was some speculation about the trustworthiness of firmware updates from various sources and the conclusion was more or less that the Zotek official Google Drive is the best. Now it's fun to see how untrustful are the members of the dt380.com Chinese forum with the zotektools.com website. As I learned on the forum they're getting the firmware updates directly from Zotek support in mail which they post/share in the forum. For them that's the only reliable source, and not the English Zotek site... :D

The following users thanked this post: Hoggy, black6host, Razvan_N

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf