Author Topic: CMU200 B41 not detected  (Read 1397 times)

Offline eric_techstuffsTopic starter

CMU200 B41 not detected
« on: October 21, 2021, 12:19:43 pm »
I have found where all the CMU 200 experts are! I am having issues with completing a B41 upfit.

Summary - Physically installed, ran software does not detect module nor give audio options. 

I'll try to give all the important details the first go-round so here goes.

I read through all very informative posts I could find on this subject and the CMU200 here. Broad overview of steps of install module, run software, unlock K29 feature with Python script and done...not mine though. 

My B41 board is physically installed in A11 a great diagram on the inside cover completed the front BNC hookups with ease. NOTE: I do not have any other coax connections as mentioned on the diagram with the other X###-ports to other option cards if present as was not included with the module I bought.

My unit is a CMU200 1100.008.002 Original Firmware CMU200 was v5.21.

Original Hardware B11, B21v14, B52v14. B54v14, B68 (3.04), and B96 - I installed B41 (1100.5300.02)

I backed up my CMU harddrive following the HDD Upgrade instructions prior to any changes.  :) [CMU drive when I received it is a sata 160GB drive dated manf 2015]

Was able to complete steps to boot CF card to install all files downloaded (BASEV5.21,CD2KV5.20, EVDOV5.20, GSMSV5.22, IS1MV5.20) as per others used to install B41 and AMPS options. I believe now only IS1MV5.20 is all that's needed I installed all in order from Base up.

Was also able to complete the Python script to unlock software features.
I did unlock K29 before I knew I needed the B41 hardware though.

With having B54v14 signaling unit with AMPS I should have an AMPS option listed also with the addition of b41 ?  k29 option just shows "--" for version #

-Tried Upgrade FW after board change option and deleted install option and re-install of each option and BASE separately with finish button and reboot after each.

What am I missing ?  Could these missing coax interconnects between modules be the issue?

End goal is the Audio menu option for use of the Audio Gen/Analyzer .

Thanks in advance !

I feel I am always on the cusp of greatness or failure.    :o
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 12:27:23 pm by eric_techstuffs »

The following users thanked this post: Bravo

Offline ps

• Contributor
Re: CMU200 B41 not detected
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 10:19:28 pm »
You have connected the two cables with AUDIO_NETCLK and RESFREQ, don't you? The cables to the front panel BNCs are not important unless you want to do real measurements. But without the clock signals the DSP will just do nothing.

The following users thanked this post: Bravo, m.p.h

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 04:53:30 pm »
Those cables didn't come with my B41 unit.  I have temp connected  x119 to x105 via the the front BNCs and a BNC jumper.  That worked! Audio shows up in menu. It all makes so much sense now.

Off to get a MMCX cable.

Thank you very much !

Offline Bravo

• Contributor
  • This won't take long .............................
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2022, 08:16:55 am »
Hi eric_techstuffs,

Re your text:  Was able to complete steps to boot CF card to install all files downloaded (BASEV5.21,CD2KV5.20, EVDOV5.20, GSMSV5.22, IS1MV5.20) as per others used to install B41 and AMPS options.

Were did you download these files from. I am also trying to add AMPS I have used the py program to get the enable keys which has worked, but there is no AMPS shown in the function selection. So as you have discovered, there is software needed. My unit came with B41 in it. I have only had the unit for 3 days & have not opened it yet.
Any help would be appreciated. 

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2022, 11:35:00 pm »
Sorry - I did not see this sooner. All the software is in the unit already, if you have an issue with AMPS, check the mini coax routes (printed on the chart inside unit. If cable is not seated all the way or bad, it will not detect Module. Some get loose in shipping. Then you can rescan from installed modules or something to that effect (been awhile.) in the menu where you load the CF files on right side - sorry if instructions are vague, but my issue was the coax not seated all the way on the B41.

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2022, 07:34:34 am »

I backed up my CMU harddrive following the HDD Upgrade instructions prior to any changes.  :) [CMU drive when I received it is a sata 160GB drive dated manf 2015]

I feel I am always on the cusp of greatness or failure.    :o

Intersted to know how the SATA drive was connected?

Is it via SATA-PATA bridge?

Offline luc-on7kz

« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 07:03:10 am »
Hello,
I have a CMU300 what is about the same as CMU200 and will install the B41 module
now the question must there be extra software, keys or other things placed before the B41 will be recognized
The FW into the CMU is 4.43
thanks for replay into advance
Luc on7kz

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf