Author Topic: Program that can log from many multimeters.  (Read 472076 times)

807, kblue and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline HKJTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Tests
Re: Program that can log from many multimeters.
« Reply #250 on: April 21, 2020, 01:37:13 pm »
Uhm, i've reset the java security options and set it to the lowest possible setting. The file exists in the temp directory. Maybe the sw try to use it before it's copied in the temp folder?

I do not know exactly how the serial library works, but the error is thrown first time I try to use it and the first operation is to get a list of serial ports on your computer. It looks like it cannot find that function in the dll file. This must mean the dll file is faulty or that it cannot read it. You could delete the dll file and try again.

Offline masterx81

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #251 on: April 21, 2020, 02:09:52 pm »
The dll file is deleted and recreated every time that the program run and exit. I've tried to copy it before deletion at tge exit, leaved it in the folder and restarted. The program dwleted my copy and put a new one.

Offline masterx81

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #252 on: April 21, 2020, 02:14:37 pm »
https://github.com/Fazecast/jSerialComm/issues/129

Seem that jserialcomm v2 not works on xp.
Not much a problem. I think that no one use xp anymore  :horse:

Offline masterx81

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #253 on: April 21, 2020, 02:31:44 pm »
For the fluke 89iv issue, i need to specify that i'm not using a genuine fluke rs232-irda transmitter. I'm using a modified usb-irda transmitter, that works perfectly on flukeview, like the original one. The only difference is that i'm ignoring the control lines (disconnected the wires between the usb-serial prolific ic to the 232-to-irda ic, as they were causing problems disabling the output). So i think that of there is a problem witb the genuine 232-irda adapter is not with the serial communication but with control lines.

The following users thanked this post: Marco1971

Offline HKJTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Tests
« Reply #254 on: April 21, 2020, 04:04:26 pm »
For the fluke 89iv issue, i need to specify that i'm not using a genuine fluke rs232-irda transmitter. I'm using a modified usb-irda transmitter, that works perfectly on flukeview, like the original one. The only difference is that i'm ignoring the control lines (disconnected the wires between the usb-serial prolific ic to the 232-to-irda ic, as they were causing problems disabling the output). So i think that of there is a problem witb the genuine 232-irda adapter is not with the serial communication but with control lines.

Some adapters uses the control lines for power, for this to work the control lines must be controlled (That was what some of the letters after 9600 did in my post).

Offline masterx81

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #255 on: April 21, 2020, 04:31:15 pm »
Checked, with flukeview forms pin 4 of db9 (DTR) is at -v, and pin 7 (RTS) at +v.
With testcontroller both the pin 4 and pin 7 are at +v.
That's why the fluke irda isn't working. I think that is only for 87iv and 89iv.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 04:43:06 pm by masterx81 »

Offline HKJTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Tests
« Reply #256 on: April 21, 2020, 04:46:40 pm »
Checked, with flukeview forms pin 4 of db9 (DTR) is at -v, and pin 6 (RTS) at +v.
With testcontroller both the pin 4 and pin 6 are at +v.
That's why the fluke irda isn't working. I think that is only for 87iv and 89iv.

That is controlled with d or D and r or R after the baudrate, lower case letter will set the pin low, upper case letter will set the pin high. It is probably "#baudrate 9600N81Dr" that will work

Offline masterx81

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #257 on: April 21, 2020, 05:39:05 pm »
That is controlled with d or D and r or R after the baudrate, lower case letter will set the pin low, upper case letter will set the pin high. It is probably "#baudrate 9600N81Dr" that will work
"R" and "r" works, but "d" and "D" doesn't do nothing. The pin 4 output always +V.
Flukeviewforms set it correctly to -V the pin 4.

Offline masterx81

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #258 on: April 21, 2020, 05:48:01 pm »
I was also playing with the SingleValue driver, this is the definition that i came up for the Protek (for now for DC mode):
Code: [Select]
#idString PROTEK,Protek 506
#name Protek 506
#handle P506
#port comfixedbaud
#baudrate 1200N72
#eol \r
#driver SingleValue

#value VoltageDC V d3 DC

#interfaceType DMM
#interface readValue 0

#askValues \r
It works, in the debug i get values:
;; PROTEK506: Tx <VALUE?>
;; PROTEK506: Rx <-0.001>
;; PROTEK506: Rx as numbers <-0.001>

but in the "current values" window i not have nothing.
What i am doing wrong?

Offline HKJTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Tests
« Reply #259 on: April 21, 2020, 05:51:12 pm »
"R" and "r" works, but "d" and "D" doesn't do nothing. The pin 4 output always +V.
Flukeviewforms set it correctly to -V the pin 4.

I found a typo, try this jar file: http://lygte-info.dk/pic/Projects/TestController/TestController.jar

Offline HKJTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Tests
« Reply #260 on: April 21, 2020, 05:55:18 pm »
I was also playing with the SingleValue driver, this is the definition that i came up for the Protek (for now for DC mode):
#idString PROTEK,Protek 506
#name Protek 506
#handle P506
#port comfixedbaud
#baudrate 1200N72
#eol \r
#driver SingleValue

#value VoltageDC V d3 DC

#interfaceType DMM
#interface readValue 0

#askValues \r
It works, in the debug i get values:
;; PROTEK506: Tx <VALUE?>
;; PROTEK506: Rx <-0.001>
;; PROTEK506: Rx as numbers <-0.001>

but in the "current values" window i not have nothing.
What i am doing wrong?

Two things:
1) Disable #eol, it is not needed here use: #eol \_
2) You mode/selector specification is wrong, it you leave it out you will get the value. But what you really need is the correct mode, I believe it is "DCV".
The driver uses all letters on the line for mode, except SI prefixes. It is supposed to list the mode in the debug information.

Offline masterx81

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #261 on: April 21, 2020, 06:01:31 pm »
I found a typo, try this jar file: http://lygte-info.dk/pic/Projects/TestController/TestController.jar

Perfect!
Now with
#baudrate 9600N81dR
set on both Fluke 87 and 89 definitions i have the control lines set the same as the fluke software, i have not a fluke cable, but now i think that must work.

Offline masterx81

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #262 on: April 21, 2020, 06:09:37 pm »
Two things:
2) You mode/selector specification is wrong, it you leave it out you will get the value. But what you really need is the correct mode, I believe it is "DCV".
The driver uses all letters on the line for mode, except SI prefixes. It is supposed to list the mode in the debug information.
Ok for the #eol.
For the "DC" instead of the "DCV", i tought that the software was using this string for know the mode of the meter. My meter in DC voltage output the line
DC 9.999 V(chr13)While in AC voltage
AC 9.999 V(chr13)

Offline Marco1971

• Contributor
« Reply #263 on: April 21, 2020, 06:37:30 pm »
Hi, i can confirm that now my Fluke 89IV it's in the working state with last, corrected .jar file and interface setting (#baudrate 9600N81dR).
Many thanks.

Marco

Offline HKJTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Tests
« Reply #264 on: April 21, 2020, 06:44:35 pm »
Perfect!
Now with
#baudrate 9600N81dR
set on both Fluke 87 and 89 definitions i have the control lines set the same as the fluke software, i have not a fluke cable, but now i think that must work.

This will be included in the next release.

The following users thanked this post: masterx81, Marco1971

Offline HKJTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Tests
« Reply #265 on: April 21, 2020, 06:47:27 pm »
Two things:
Ok for the #eol.
For the "DC" instead of the "DCV", i tought that the software was using this string for know the mode of the meter. My meter in DC voltage output the line
DC 9.999 V(chr13)While in AC voltage
AC 9.999 V(chr13)

If I only look at the DC part I would not know if it was voltage or current, that is the reason it collects all letters to DCV, ACV, DCA, and ACA.

These four wold handle voltage and current:

#value VoltageDC V d3 DCV
#value VoltageAC V d3 ACV
#value CurrentDC A d3 DCA
#value CurrentAC A d3 ACA

Offline masterx81

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #266 on: April 21, 2020, 07:04:33 pm »
Ok, got it!
I was testing also with si values, and get also the mv and ua ranges.

But for resistance, the string is:
RES 1.111 MOHM(chr13)i have tried
#value Resistance ohm d3 RES
#value Resistance ohm d3 RESOHM
#value Resistance ohm d3 ROHM
and also with "si" instead of "d3", but never worked. I not understand what type of search you do on the input string, in theory RESOHM had all the characters.
Sorry to bother you so much but i understand a bit slowly |O

Offline HKJTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Tests
« Reply #267 on: April 21, 2020, 07:24:29 pm »
Ok, got it!
I was testing also with si values, and get also the mv and ua ranges.

But for resistance, the string is:
RES 1.111 MOHM(chr13)i have tried
#value Resistance ohm d3 RES
#value Resistance ohm d3 RESOHM
#value Resistance ohm d3 ROHM
and also with "si" instead of "d3", but never worked. I not understand what type of search you do on the input string, in theory RESOHM had all the characters.
Sorry to bother you so much but i understand a bit slowly |O

RESOHM is supposed to work, the M is used to multiply the reading by 1000000 and will show as M if you use SI as unit. There was a fault in my logic, because I also tries to handle 12E3 notation for the value. It is hopefully fixed now (Link is the one I posted above).

In debug mode is has this line:
;; Mode reported: <RESOHM>
Each time you change mode, it shows the mode used in the #value lines

Offline masterx81

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #268 on: April 21, 2020, 07:53:54 pm »
Perfect, resistance fixed, RESOHM working ok!
Question for continuity mode, diode mode and logic level mode... I have some text for this modes, for example in continuity can be "OPEN" or "SHORT", in diode "OPEN", "GOOD"or "SHORT", in logic "LOW", "HIGH" or "UNDET".
There are really few oppurtunity to have the need to log this modes (as continuity is covered by Resistance, diode... who need to log a diode testing?? and logic by VoltageDC), but there is no way to integrate them?

Now i play with other things (temperature, C/L and frequency) but the most is done  :-+ :-+ :-+

Offline HKJTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Tests
« Reply #269 on: April 21, 2020, 08:03:03 pm »
Question for continuity mode, diode mode and logic level mode... I have some text for this modes, for example in continuity can be "OPEN" or "SHORT", in diode "OPEN", "GOOD"or "SHORT", in logic "LOW", "HIGH" or "UNDET".
There are really few oppurtunity to have the need to log this modes (as continuity is covered by Resistance, diode... who need to log a diode testing?? and logic by VoltageDC), but there is no way to integrate them?

Now i play with other things (temperature, C/L and frequency) but the most is done  :-+ :-+ :-+

If have some build-in text strings, but I may need to add a tag for specifying text strings and their value. I will take a look at that tomorrow.
A matching text will have to return a numeric value or +OL or -OL.
If it matches a text string it will be removed from the input, before it checks mode.

Theoretically you will be able to show text, but it requires defining a column as "Digital" and using bits for the different text. I will not really recommend that for a multimeter.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 08:10:14 pm by HKJ »

Online Messtechniker

• Frequent Contributor
  • Old analog audio hand - No voodoo.
« Reply #270 on: April 21, 2020, 09:13:13 pm »
1.) Next a slightly improved definition file (Ver 0.7) for the R&S HMC 8043 power supply. Coloured popup tabs according the resistor colour code.
Planning to end further development at this point unless someone asks for further features in the next few days. Should any debugging be required, I will still be watching this space. :popcorn: also to see if anything pops up for my Voltcraft VC940 USB-HID. :palm:

2.) Also included a very basic definition file (Ver 0.1) for the R&S HMO 1022 scope. RMS, frequency and math for dB only. Since usually scopes are typically not used for logging I plan the leave this definition file as it is. Unless someone comes up with anything urgent in the next few days. :popcorn:

Quite a nice adventure for an analogue guy like me. Thanks to HKJ for his valuable assistance to keep me going.  :-+

Tomorrow is the time to fire up my good old Weller soldering iron again and finish off some almost completed projects in the pipeline.  :-[
Agilent 34465A, Siglent SDG 2042X, Hameg HMO1022, R&S HMC 8043, Peaktech 2025A, Voltcraft VC 940, M-Audio Audiophile 192, R&S Psophometer UPGR, 3 Transistor Testers, DL4JAL Transistor Curve Tracer, UT622E LCR meter

Offline masterx81

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #271 on: April 21, 2020, 10:10:12 pm »

If have some build-in text strings, but I may need to add a tag for specifying text strings and their value. I will take a look at that tomorrow.
A matching text will have to return a numeric value or +OL or -OL.
If it matches a text string it will be removed from the input, before it checks mode.

Theoretically you will be able to show text, but it requires defining a column as "Digital" and using bits for the different text. I will not really recommend that for a multimeter.

A tag would be nice, so that any other device with this modes can be inserted simply by the definition file.
Really thanks for your efforts on this program! The idea ho have "one program to rule them all" is really brilliant!
In the next days i try to implement my korad devices over usb/232/lan.

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #272 on: April 21, 2020, 10:11:07 pm »
Has anyone started to do integration for the HP3478A? It is one of the most used lab grade DMMs after all.
Maybe my last request was too far out, but there are a lot of 3478A users on this forum!

Offline MikeLud

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #273 on: April 21, 2020, 11:33:20 pm »
HKJ,

Attached is a new version of the Siglent SDM3065X device file. I decided to remove all of "tip" tags. I am going to start on updating the SDM3055 file.

* SiglentSDM3065X.txt (13.43 kB - downloaded 71 times.)

Offline masterx81

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #274 on: April 21, 2020, 11:37:47 pm »
Attached there is the Proetk 506 file. Seem all, ok.
Only one thing, when in temperature, the °C header in the "current values" isn't well displayed (there is a strange character before the °).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf