Author Topic: RD6006P problem or firmware bug?  (Read 1239 times)

Offline ptluisTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
RD6006P problem or firmware bug?
« on: April 19, 2021, 11:13:03 am »
I found this video on youtube about a strange behavior of the RD6006p unit, could this be a problem with that unit or a firmware bug?

Offline dougg

• Regular Contributor
Re: RD6006P problem or firmware bug?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 02:45:47 pm »
I'm not good at charades. Could you explain briefly what is the issue that video is trying to demonstrate? I have a 6006P and may be able to replicate.

Online radiolistener

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 05:37:08 pm »
I found this video on youtube about a strange behavior of the RD6006p unit, could this be a problem with that unit or a firmware bug?

I don't see any PSU bug here.

According to the video, the user testing his motherboard device or something like that.

The voltage is set to 19 V.

When the current limit is set to 3 Amps and below that, the device don't want to power on.
When the current limit is set to 3.5 Amps and above that, the device power on ok.
There is no testing for current limit between 3 and 3.5 Amps on the video.

At a glance, the user's device board is just designed in such way to not power on when PSU cannot keep 19 V with at least 3.5 Amps at startup time.

PS: I don't understand what is the reason to test 2 Amps, 3.6 Amps, 4 Amps, 5 Amps, etc. Because two measurement for 3 Amps and 3.5 Amps is enough to predict behavior for current limits below and above that values.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 05:39:32 pm by radiolistener »

The following users thanked this post: dougg

Offline ptluisTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2021, 03:54:10 pm »

At a glance, the user's device board is just designed in such way to not power on when PSU cannot keep 19 V with at least 3.5 Amps at startup time.

This makes sense, I tried to replicate the same behavior with several toshiba laptop motherboards, but I couldn't, maybe that's the reason.

what caught my attention, was the fact that the current limited to 3A did not start the MB regulation. I normally use 3A as a current limit on all my PSU's, but I never had a problem like that. Well, always learning something new.  :-+

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf