Author Topic: Re: About FeelElec New Product FY8300 series and FY8300S series details  (Read 16213 times)

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
Re: About FeelElec New Product FY8300 series and FY8300S series details
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2019, 10:34:08 pm »
Think of it as a subscription service to F***tech. Every new version of the software is accompanied by free hardware. :scared:
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

The following users thanked this post: Ysjoelfir

Offline Ysjoelfir

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Re: About FeelElec New Product FY8300 series and FY8300S series details
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2019, 06:51:11 am »
Think of it as a subscription service to F***tech. Every new version of the software is accompanied by free hardware. :scared:
Well, it's at least cheaper than altium?
Greetings, Kai \ Ysjoelfir

The following users thanked this post: rsjsouza

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2019, 09:08:04 am »
Why would they come up with a 3 channel FG, were they inundated with requests for one.
.  That took much longer than I thought it would.

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2019, 09:12:31 am »
+50% Channels and flog it for 200% with the same backup and kwality = more profit.

Or am I just a cynic  ::)
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2019, 09:21:13 am »
+50% Channels and flog it for 200% with the same backup and kwality = more profit.

I'd pay extra for only 2 channels and something else such as a fast pulse output instead. :)
.  That took much longer than I thought it would.

Offline ZhuraYuk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2019, 01:54:25 pm »
Just bought 6900 for 86$ with free international shipping. It is other brand but PCB inside is identical and has feeltec logo.
https://aliexpress.com/item/33047509412.html

Offline excitedbox

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2019, 07:55:43 pm »
My 6900 has been stopped by german customs twice already. I ordered over 3 months ago from ebay and I just had the seller give me a refund 2 days ago because It just won´t make it through customs.

Also I was negotiating with feel elec to redo their website for a free signal gen which is over a 90% rebate over my normal fee. Just as we were about to make a deal they backed out and decided to do it themselves. They did do some minor changes but In a world where any company can have the image of the big players they obviously don´t value customers opinions. I don´t care about not getting a free unit because 2 hours of work pays for one and I had already ordered the one I just got refunded. Just think it is weird that someone would care so little about their image that they would turn down a deal like that. If Everything else was the same and I was to look at their website and Rigol´s, Keysight´s, etc I would buy from their competition just as you would hire someone in a suit over an unwashed hobo.

By the way for 190 the Hantek does 40 Mhz for all waveforms not just sine and 10MHZ for the others like the fy8300 does.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 09:05:01 pm by excitedbox »

Offline ZhuraYuk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2019, 12:47:04 pm »

By the way for 190 the Hantek does 40 Mhz for all waveforms not just sine and 10MHZ for the others like the fy8300 does.

Hantek HDG2000B is quite simialr and can be hacked from 30MHz to  100Mhz for free. But the lowest price that I saw is 180$ without shipping. At recent ebay 20% off  I was able to get it for 144$ but still with shipping it is almost twice the price off 6900.

Offline CDaniel

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2019, 02:56:04 pm »
In the first place Fy6900 has some issues , just to mention shitty power supply and jitter for square wave .
So , if Fy8300 is the same could have 10 channels and not worth the money . It is just a toy not a real generator .

The following users thanked this post: Trader

Offline excitedbox

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2019, 04:39:03 pm »
Wow for $144 I would have bought that. With the conversion to euros it would only be 20 more than the fy6900. I paid 104 Euros shipped but since customs keeps snatching it I would have been better off getting a more expensive unit and not wasting 3 months+. If this one I ordered from Spain doesn´t show up soon I will go that route. It has been 3 days and still no shipping confirmation.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2019, 04:47:59 pm »

Hantek HDG2000B is quite simialr and can be hacked from 30MHz to  100Mhz for free. But the lowest price that I saw is 180$ without shipping. At recent ebay 20% off  I was able to get it for 144$ but still with shipping it is almost twice the price off 6900.
Do you care to write a review about it?
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 09:04:07 pm by rsjsouza »
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

The following users thanked this post: nctnico

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2019, 06:43:03 pm »
Relevant thread about the Hantek:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/hantek-hdg2002b-awg-5mhz-or-100mhz-let_s-see!/
This thread (URL fixed) doesn't instill much confidence. Crashes, freezes...
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline FeelElecTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2019, 08:42:55 am »
In the first place Fy6900 has some issues , just to mention shitty power supply and jitter for square wave .
So , if Fy8300 is the same could have 10 channels and not worth the money . It is just a toy not a real generator .

Dear Customer,
Is the FY6900 you purchased having problems with power supply and square wave jitter?
If have questions, you can contact us. And we will resolve the question.

FeelElec

Offline bean_dip

• Contributor
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2020, 04:16:51 pm »
I just got mine (ordered from Ebay as a KKMoon Re-Badge due to payment options).  If anyone has any questions about it, let me know and I'll do my best to test what I can on it.  I'm just building a demonstration lab for my classroom, so not super-well equipped yet, but I'll try.

I know it's just one step above a toy and not for serious work, but I mostly just wanted it to do demonstrations in the classroom of what 3-phase power, AC vs DC, and PWM outputs from Variable Frequency Drives look like.  Doesn't have to be horribly technically accurate, just good representations.

One thing I can say that I've noticed so far is that the output power will NOT deliver the rated voltage into a 50 Ohm load.  According to the spec, the output impedance is 50 Ohm +/-10%, and the output voltage is +/-12V at frequencies below 20 MHz and +/-2.5V above 20 MHz.  I tried terminating the generator into a 50 Ohm load on my scope with a BNC Tee and Terminating Resistor, but it generated exactly half the peak-peak voltage you set in the generator menu.  With the generator feeding directly into the 1 MOhm scope input, it's much closer (set to 12V p-p I get 12.2V - 12.5V).

For reference, mine is the 10 MHz model.

Offline Grandchuck

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2020, 04:38:04 pm »
When you add a 50 Ohm load to a source with an impedance of 50 Ohms, the load voltage drops to 1/2.

The following users thanked this post: bean_dip

Offline bean_dip

• Contributor
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2020, 08:23:57 pm »
Right, I guess I mis-stated my issue. Every other function generator I've used was calibrated to display the voltage delivered into a 50 Ohm load meaning it would display double the voltage into a 1 MOhm load. This one is calibrated the opposite.

Sorry if I misspoke earlier.

Offline Grandchuck

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2020, 09:05:26 pm »
Yes I can see how that is misleading.  One of the 'gothchas' in low-end stuff, I suppose?

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2020, 09:23:00 pm »
Right, I guess I mis-stated my issue. Every other function generator I've used was calibrated to display the voltage delivered into a 50 Ohm load meaning it would display double the voltage into a 1 MOhm load. This one is calibrated the opposite.
On modern functions generators you can usually select what the display should say (loaded with 50 Ohm or a high impedance load). Perhaps there is such a setting on this generator too.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 09:24:39 pm by nctnico »

Offline bean_dip

• Contributor
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2020, 10:00:36 pm »
I didn't see anything in the user manual about changing the scaling, but I haven't played with all the buttons yet. I'm not super worried about it, just caught me off guard.

Another thing I've noticed that I'm trying to quantify is that the frequency seems to jump around a decent amount whenever a button is pressed. And I don't mean controls that relate to the channel parameters, but any button at all. Another low-end gotcha, I'm sure, but worth noting.

Again, I'm not complaining because it works for what I need which was three moderately accurate wave representations for demonstrations on a scope.

Offline mnsergey

• Contributor
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2020, 08:09:17 am »
to bean_dip
Good time of day.   
Please tell me, in the 8300S version, in the mode with three outputs, whether it is possible TO immediately get a PWM modulated by these sinuses(20-400)Hz on three outputs. This is necessary for me to control the drivers of the three phase experimental inverter, directly from the generator, bypassing unnecessary conversion in the PWM controller.

P.S. As I understand, You are the only owner of FY8300S in this topic. Do you plan to run tests for the presence, and level of the jitter, and consider, and test its internal power supply? This will put an end to the question - what is the difference between 8300 and 6900, whether only three outputs, or they have made corrections to the problems known to many that I described above.

P.P.S. Sorry, I was inattentive. You have version 8300, without the letter "S". Therefore, the first part of the question is removed.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 08:16:39 am by mnsergey »

Offline kiklhorn

« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2021, 10:36:44 pm »
Just arrived strangely labeled device.
Test planned to next week.

Ended in the '90s. Starting again.

Online bingo600

• Super Contributor
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2022, 07:47:26 pm »
Just got a FY 8300-S 60MHz from Banggood $130 incl VAT + Ship.

I still have to turn it on ....   :palm:
Quite busy atm.

But nice price.
And 30 min later ... Not available at that price.

/Bingo

Offline nata.loko

« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2022, 12:38:40 pm »
Has anyone managed to get "uplink" mode working? Bought 2 units because I needed 6 channels but will have to return them if the function doesn't work as advertised :(

Offline ByteRock

« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2022, 12:55:52 am »
Long time lurker first time poster

I picked up a FeelElec 6800 two years ago  and quickly blew the front end when was playing about with some high voltage valve gear,  (yes I know I should of used a blocking cap oh well live and learn)

Anyway I managed to fix it  you can see the full story here

In case someone has similar problems. It is fixable at least back to the RLCR networkds.

In the end the only real problem was finding a replacement for that mystery 30021/3002 chip.  Seems a THS3092 does the trick though it does heat up allot at high voltage. The bonus is all non Sine waves over 5MHz are much better with the 3092 might swap the other two out someday.

Cheers and thanks for all the good posts.

The following users thanked this post: ledtester, bc888

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf