Author Topic: RIGOL DS1054Z Battery Power  (Read 1327 times)

Offline roger101Topic starter

RIGOL DS1054Z Battery Power
« on: January 18, 2020, 01:45:57 pm »
Hi all.  New to this forum.   Was looking at the teardown of the RIGOL DS1054Z on youtube and Dave suggested tat there might be space for a battery solution in the PSU compartment.    Has anyone done this already? 

Ideally, I'd like to power the thing from a Makita 18v 6ah battery.   I've always got these knocking around in the field and have bought some battery holder units from someone who 3D prints them.   So if the DC side of the unit was less than 18V, this might be doable, with a seperate connector.  Not ideal for everyone, but would suit my requirements OK.   

Does anyone know what the DC side voltage is?   I Should point out that I haven't bought the RIGOL yet, otherwise I would have looked myself.   

Also,  been looking at the DS1202Z-E instead of the 1054, as I don't need 4 ch and the 200MHz bandwidth is more useful.   Anyone tried one out.

Cheers :) 

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
Re: RIGOL DS1054Z Battery Power
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 02:03:27 pm »
Some prior experiences and discussions can be found here:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/battery-pack-for-rigol-ds1054z/msg717702/#msg717702
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/made-a-battery-for-my-ds1054z-20hr-batt-life/msg887061/#msg887061

(The forum's search function does work resonably well. Just be sure to search from the home page if you want to search the whole forum. If you are already looking at a sub-forum, the search will be limited to that one. Alternatively, use Google with the "site:eevblog.com" qualifier.

Edit: You can select "search the whole forum" from a dropdown menu next to the search field, even when starting a search from within a sub-forum or topic. The search just defaults to the smaller scope. I have been bitten a few times by overlooking that default setting, and have hence made it a habit to start searching from the home page...)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 03:42:39 pm by ebastler »

The following users thanked this post: ogden

Offline roger101Topic starter

Re: RIGOL DS1054Z Battery Power
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 03:30:38 pm »
Thanking you.  I did a brief search, but not too hard. Excellent stuff :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf