Author Topic: Re: FeelElec New Arrival FY-6900 Signal Generator  (Read 154941 times)

Offline Andreas

• Super Contributor
Re: FeelElec New Arrival FY-6900 Signal Generator
« Reply #650 on: July 16, 2022, 09:14:27 pm »
on my FY6800 it usually helps to choose the "repair sine" option on the PC-Software.

with best regards

Andreas

Online DaneLaw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #651 on: July 17, 2022, 10:51:56 pm »
No "rise and fall" adjustment on FY6900 like the below-video displays - that is done on an FY6800.
It doesn't seem to play along on my unit when I'm trying to mirror it (ver.1.3.1 FY6900/60)

4:17 rise / fall adjustment.??

Btw, what is the latest unit-software for FY6900?.
It does not state any upgrades with the PC software Im using (v6.5) and it list my current (ver.1.3.1) as the latest, but I recall other users stating on their FY6900 a newer version and theirs listed a sw-ver1.4 when checking with PC-software, though not sure if there were any benefits..??
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 01:24:06 am by DaneLaw »

Offline Kenneth1

« Reply #652 on: August 16, 2022, 03:34:23 pm »
I read most of the posts on this topic and as I have obtained a FY6900 and made a small mod I will add it to the pool.
I opened the unit to see what was inside and found it appeared to be a later version with the newer power suply.
Main board marked main board V2.31, Pwr supply v 1.2.
The BNC connector read <.1 ohm to the AC cord ground pin.
DC power supply read 5.04 V, about 7 mV of ripple

I decided to add a fan only because I had one handy.
Steps:
1 - rotate power supply 90 degrees to allow fan to clear.
2 - Support one side of pwr supply with dabs of hot glue in the corner and one thru screw and a trapped screw
3 - In order for the fan to clear the five volts connector on the main board I had remove material from bottom screw location with a dremel. I had the appropriate screws for the job put had to add washers as the case screw holes are shallow. (Note: the middle image is before I removed the fan material)
4 - I cut and spliced the 5 volts cable to the fan which is a 12 Volt .07 Amp unit so it will not add much load to the supply ~ 30mA.
The only case ventilation path is around the BNCs and other protuberances and tiny slits in side faux vents on the case bottom side. These vents could be enlarged but my solution is to leave off the adjustable foot which exposes its mounting holes on the side.

The following users thanked this post: PinheadBE

Online Adrian_Arg.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #653 on: August 16, 2022, 07:38:48 pm »
Yes, now it seems that they manufacture FPGA? I have one of 20Mhz from the first FY6900, really more and more fake and ordinary looking at the source they put on it  |O |O |O

in spanish

Si, ahora parece que fabrican FPGA? yo tengo uno de 20Mhz de los primeros FY6900, realmente cada vez mas falsos y ordinarios mirando la fuente que le pusieron |O |O |O
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 12:59:49 pm by Adrian_Arg. »

Offline puterboy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #654 on: September 29, 2022, 07:31:59 pm »
Links for firmware and FY6900 DDS Signal PC Software seem to have gone dark.
Anyone know where these can be obtained now?

Online DaneLaw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #655 on: September 29, 2022, 08:52:16 pm »
Links for firmware and FY6900 DDS Signal PC Software seem to have gone dark.
Anyone know where these can be obtained now?
Is it this software you looking for.?
FY6900 DDS Signal generator PC Software V6.3.exe

If so, I have uploaded it here for you...
https://filetransfer.io/data-package/pRKmjm8W#link

I'm not familiar with a newer version than ver.6.3.. I recall somebody mentioning a ver.6.5 - and claimed they were able to update to v.6.5 inside this FY6900 software with the "check for software" option, though I never saw it in practice.. - on my FY6900/60 unit, it listed this V6.3 as the latest.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 09:08:44 pm by DaneLaw »

The following users thanked this post: wolfy007

Offline puterboy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #656 on: September 30, 2022, 07:28:54 pm »
Is it this software you looking for.?
FY6900 DDS Signal generator PC Software V6.3.exe

If so, I have uploaded it here for you...
https://filetransfer.io/data-package/pRKmjm8W#link

I'm not familiar with a newer version than ver.6.3.. I recall somebody mentioning a ver.6.5 - and claimed they were able to update to v.6.5 inside this FY6900 software with the "check for software" option, though I never saw it in practice.. - on my FY6900/60 unit, it listed this V6.3 as the latest.

I believe I have the 6.3 version :)
But I too heard there was a 6.5 version as well as an upgraded v1.4 of the firmware... but couldn't find it.
I was hoping that the 6.5 version would be less "kludgy" than the 6.3 version.

Thanks for the help!

Offline excitedbox

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #657 on: November 03, 2022, 12:41:41 am »
The download seems to be pay only now. Could someone reupload it.

Funny, people complaining about their shitty website when I offered to make them a proper website in return for a function generator. That would have cost them less than $100, since that is what I paid when I bought mine on aliexress. Originally they agreed but then backed out saying an employee would do it for them. I am kinda glad though because why would I want to give what is essentially a multi thousand dollar discount to such a scammy company. Nobody wants to go to a run down restaurant to eat. Why would people shop with a company that doesn't even take care of their image. If you don't value your image, you won't put any more effort into caring for your customers.

Offline JeremyC

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #658 on: November 04, 2022, 09:08:56 pm »
The download seems to be pay only now. Could someone reupload it.

Funny, people complaining about their shitty website when I offered to make them a proper website in return for a function generator. That would have cost them less than $100, since that is what I paid when I bought mine on aliexress. Originally they agreed but then backed out saying an employee would do it for them. I am kinda glad though because why would I want to give what is essentially a multi thousand dollar discount to such a scammy company. Nobody wants to go to a run down restaurant to eat. Why would people shop with a company that doesn't even take care of their image. If you don't value your image, you won't put any more effort into caring for your customers.

You can download the driver, software and documentation from the FeelTech site for free: http://en.feeltech.net/index.php?case=archive&act=list&catid=6
Choose the "Download Now" in the "FY6900 User Guide" section. The downloaded "CmsEasy_file_ide.zip" file includes everything.
Remember to install the driver before you try to install the application.

1631437-0

Online alonsojar

• Contributor
« Reply #659 on: January 03, 2023, 09:33:13 pm »
Hi,
I've got a FY6900 60MHz that as far as I can check runs smooth and clean.
After reading some posts in this thread it looks like the power supply is bad quality or at least noisy and many people recommends a replacement.
Could anyone recommend any alternative power supply that could be purchased 'of the shelf' to improve the original?
My device hw version is 2.1 and it's only using +5V output in the PS as you can see in the image.
Thanks in advance
J. Alonso

Offline JeremyC

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #660 on: January 06, 2023, 03:53:17 am »
Hi,
I've got a FY6900 60MHz that as far as I can check runs smooth and clean.
After reading some posts in this thread it looks like the power supply is bad quality or at least noisy and many people recommends a replacement.
Could anyone recommend any alternative power supply that could be purchased 'of the shelf' to improve the original?
My device hw version is 2.1 and it's only using +5V output in the PS as you can see in the image.
Thanks in advance
J. Alonso

I suggest to keep the original power supply as it’s. I measured THD using scope with 14 bit ADC (AD2) and all sine wave results in 100 Hz – 10Mhz range came better that -70dB (0.032%)
If you have a concern you should try power the AWG from 5V battery pack connected to the USB and check if you can see an improvement. Keep in mind that oscilloscope with 8 bit ADC will provide accuracy <48dB.

The following users thanked this post: alonsojar

Offline pu6k1n

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #661 on: January 25, 2023, 08:16:57 am »
Hello! Bought signal generator Model: FY6900-100M; Version: V1.3.1.5. 1. When you press the "ok" button, it completely freezes and no longer responds to any of the buttons until you unplug the power outlet. 2. When connected to a computer via USB, the program "FY6900 DDS Signal PC Software Ver 6.3" downloaded from the site does not see the signal generator and does not control it (CH-340 driver is installed). 3. Since "FY6900 DDS Signal PC Software Ver 6.3" does not see the signal generator, I cannot update its internal firmware. I also tried to install the program "FY6900 DDS Signal PC Software Ver 6.5", but it also does not connect to the signal generator. What to do? You can help?

Offline JeremyC

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #662 on: January 25, 2023, 04:48:38 pm »
Hello! Bought signal generator Model: FY6900-100M; Version: V1.3.1.5. 1. When you press the "ok" button, it completely freezes and no longer responds to any of the buttons until you unplug the power outlet. 2. When connected to a computer via USB, the program "FY6900 DDS Signal PC Software Ver 6.3" downloaded from the site does not see the signal generator and does not control it (CH-340 driver is installed). 3. Since "FY6900 DDS Signal PC Software Ver 6.3" does not see the signal generator, I cannot update its internal firmware. I also tried to install the program "FY6900 DDS Signal PC Software Ver 6.5", but it also does not connect to the signal generator. What to do? You can help?

Did you install the CH-340 Driver driver before you installed the application?
The driver can be found in CH-340 Driver.rar archive which is part of the CmsEasy_file_ide.zip.

From "Readme (Important).txt file:
Thank you for purchasing our FY6900 series dual channel Function/Arbitrary waveform generator.
Products can be customized according to customer demand OEM / ODM custom processing services, Wanted dealers around the agent!
If you want to control the instrument through PC software, please strictly follow the installation steps below:
1. Disconnect the instrument with PC.
2. Open the file "CH340 Driver" and install the driver file.(xp and win7 32 bits choose 32 bits version. Win7 64 bits or above choose 64 bits Version.
3. Open file "PC Software", unzip "FY6900 PC Software.rar", then run "FY6900 PC Software.exe".
(Note:Because this program is writed by VB, it may be mis-recognized as virus by some antivirus software or firewall. Please ignore the alert and install normally. If the "FY6900 PC Software.exe" file is deleted by antivirus software or firewall, please turn off the antivirus software and firewall first, then  unzip "FY6900 PC Software.rar" again, then run "FY6900 PC Software.exe". After the installation is finished, restart the antivirus software or firewall and add "FY6900 PC Software.exe" into Trust or White List in antivirus software or firewall setting.)
4. Connect the instrument to PC USB port by USB cable and turn on the power switch.
5. Click the shortcut icon of "FY6900 PC Software" on the desk. The software will recognize the instrument automatically.
    (If the software cannot work normally, it may beause you connect the instrument first without insall the CH340 driver. The PC system install the driver automatically, which is wrong choice. In this case please uninstall the driver in Device Manager and install the CH340 driver again).
If you have any problem or suggestion, please feel free to contact us.
Web:www.feeltech.net
E-mail:feeltech@126.com/344299068@qq.com
Tel:+86 037168997005

« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 04:52:59 pm by JeremyC »

Offline pu6k1n

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #663 on: January 25, 2023, 05:06:52 pm »
Thank you! Readme.txt read. Did everything as written. Now when you start the program, a window appears "Run-time error 380: Invalid property value". As in the topic: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/fy6900-signal-generator-usb-pc-interface/ (When I open the software and connect the USB cable, I get a "Runtime error 380 - invalid property value". It lists the model (MODEL:FY6900H-100M) and COM port in the bottom RH corner. But nothing works.)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 05:09:15 pm by pu6k1n »

Offline JeremyC

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #664 on: January 25, 2023, 05:16:28 pm »
Thank you! Readme.txt read. Did everything as written. Now when you start the program, a window appears "Run-time error 380: Invalid property value". As in the topic: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/fy6900-signal-generator-usb-pc-interface/

Did you download the CmsEasy_file_ide.zip from http://en.feeltech.net/index.php?case=archive&act=list&catid=6 ?
If not, I suggest uninstall whatever you installed, reboot your computer, download the zip, decompress it and start again.
It will install the 6.3 version. Once when it's working stop the application and start it using "Run as Administrator", go to Help -> PC Software Update.
It worked for me, however I have the 60MHz version.

Offline pu6k1n

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #665 on: January 25, 2023, 05:22:59 pm »
Tried with version 6.3 same error. Tried on another computer, same error. Noticed another very interesting interest. If I first start the program, -> then turn on the signal generator, -> then select COMxx in the program, then -> by pressing any button in the program, the generator starts to be controlled, but as soon as I restart the program or switch in the program between the tabs "Text field" and "Control window", the machine again issues "Runtime error 380 - invalid property value".
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 05:25:55 pm by pu6k1n »

Offline JeremyC

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #666 on: January 25, 2023, 05:36:40 pm »
Tried with version 6.3 same error. Tried on another computer, same error. Noticed another very interesting interest. If I first start the program, -> then turn on the signal generator, -> then select COMxx in the program, then -> by pressing any button in the program, the generator starts to be controlled, but as soon as I restart the program or switch in the program between the tabs "Text field" and "Control window", the machine again issues "Runtime error 380 - invalid property value".

I'm guessing the problem is related to the 100MHz version. As mentioned, mine is 60MHz. Sorry.
FYI: I'm using Windows 10 Pro.

Offline ledtester

• Super Contributor
« Reply #667 on: January 25, 2023, 06:36:40 pm »

It seems that the COM port is showing up.

If you are familiar with Python you can try using this python library to control the FY6900:

https://github.com/mattwach/fygen

That should tell you if the problem is with the GUI or with the FY6900 itself.

Offline pu6k1n

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #668 on: January 25, 2023, 08:14:53 pm »
I watched the transmission of commands in the port monitor, when the program starts, the port opens and the command comes, the device responds to the command. That is, the exchange between them appears and works, but the program freezes with error 380. In my opinion, the point is still in the graphics program itself.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 08:34:25 pm by pu6k1n »

Offline JeremyC

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #669 on: January 25, 2023, 09:06:46 pm »
I watched the transmission of commands in the port monitor, when the program starts, the port opens and the command comes, the device responds to the command. That is, the exchange between them appears and works, but the program freezes with error 380. In my opinion, the point is still in the graphics program itself.

You're running Windows 7, correct? 32 or 64 bit?
If you're running 64 bit version (I don't know), did you install the "CH340_341for X64.EXE" driver, or the "CH-340 Driver 32 bits 驱动32位系统.exe" ?
If you would find that the driver version is not matching your default Windows bits version then install the correct version and remove it in Device Manager.
Reboot your computer and s wait what happen...

The "DDS Signal PC Software" application was written in Visual Basic (...I don't know why, it's dead language) and the "Error 380" has very broad interpretation.

Offline pu6k1n

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #670 on: January 25, 2023, 09:15:04 pm »
One computer is running Windows 7 32-bit, the other is running Windows 7 64-bit. Tried both. I installed the driver as expected according to the bit depth of the operating system. Still the same error. I will try again on Windows 10 to install the program.

Offline JeremyC

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #671 on: January 25, 2023, 09:25:55 pm »
One computer is running Windows 7 32-bit, the other is running Windows 7 64-bit. Tried both. I installed the driver as expected according to the bit depth of the operating system. Still the same error. I will try again on Windows 10 to install the program.

My speculation is that the program is expecting MHz version from the generator and at the time (2019) the 100MHz version didn't exist...

Edited 1/26/2023
Yesterday I overlooked attached by you monitor.txt file. As I thought, the program is asking for device type, and the generator is returning FY6900H-100M.

1700506-0
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 04:36:34 pm by JeremyC »

Offline MrAl

• Super Contributor
« Reply #672 on: January 26, 2023, 02:59:20 am »
I have a FeelTech earlier version wave generator and i had good luck with it but there is a warning.

My even older generator is from way back and it all analog.  When i set the amplitude to say 5v peak to peak and the power goes off, when the power comes back on it's still set to 5v peak to peak.
With the FeelTech, if i have it set to 5v peak to peak and the power goes off, when it comes back on it gets set to the max which is 10v peak to peak.
If i have it set to 1v peak to peak it comes back on at 10v peak to peak.
If i have it set to 1v peak to peak with a 1v DC offset it comes back on at 10v peak to peak with 0v DC offset.
So it always comes on at 10v peak to peak 0v DC offset.
I think that's a little dangerous because if you are testing something with 1v peak to peak it may blow out with 10v peak to peak.  The offset back to 0v could be a problem too if the device under test can not take a negative test voltage because when it comes back on the 10vpp is centered at 0v again so 5v is above zero and 5v is below zero.

Also, it is strange that the company name changed to FeelElec.  But even stranger, who the hell is coming up with this stupid azz names?
When i look around the web i am seeing these really silly names for the test equipment.  What is up with that.
Not just this company but many others too i am sure you saw already.  "Koolertron" ... really?  Seriously?  Is it made by kids in kindergarten?  ha ha.  Maybe the names were thought of on an episode of Seinfeld ?  ha ha.
What's next, "MyStupidCompanyName model 12345" oscilloscope.
Maybe they are having a contest to see who could come up with the silliest name and still sell something?
"BigHairyBallsPloppedMenacinglyOnTheTable oscilloscope model 54321(S)" ha ha (a takeaway from South Park).

I think they need to research coming up with new names or else stop using artificial intelligence to come up with them.

Online Adrian_Arg.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #673 on: January 26, 2023, 07:39:02 pm »
I am from Argentina in the Spanish language the K is pronounced as CA, that is, the two KK would be poop (CACA in Spanish), and in English moon means MOON, that is, KKMOON would be moon poop in Spanish

in spanish

soy de argentina en el idioma españos a la K se la  pronuncia como CA o sea las dos KK seria caca (en español CACA), y en ingles moon significa LUNA, o sea KKMOON seria caca de luna en español

Offline pu6k1n

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #674 on: February 02, 2023, 07:44:56 am »
On windows 10 the same "Runtime error 380 - invalid property value"

The following users thanked this post: BassClef

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf