Author Topic: Test Equipment and Scripts, how do you implement them?  (Read 905 times)

Offline Nick HeidlTopic starter

Test Equipment and Scripts, how do you implement them?
« on: June 29, 2022, 04:26:48 am »
I have a Korad KEL103 Programmable DC Electronic Load and it can be controlled by scripts.  However, I have no clue how to do this.  Not so much how to make a script but how to implement it is what I would like to learn first.  There are scripts for it already thanks to Reiner Schmidt on YouTube but I don't know what to do.  I have found them on GitHub but then what?

Offline ledtester

• Super Contributor
Re: Test Equipment and Scripts, how do you implement them?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2022, 10:37:54 am »
Are these the scripts?

https://github.com/Mango-kid/py-korad

This library communicates with the KEL103 over ethernet/WiFi. The simplest example is the dynamicMode.py script in the examples directory. To make it work you have to change line 7 with the ip addresses of your computer and the KEL103. When you run it should print "Changing mode to dynamic" and set up a dynamic CC profile as specified on line 18.

Another script which communicates with the KEL103 over the serial port is located here:

https://github.com/MillicentMaina/Kel103.py/blob/main/kel103%20(5).py

In this case you have to change line 11 to match the serial device of the KEL103. This script was written on a Linux machine but should work under Windows if you set 'device =' to the right COM port.

The following users thanked this post: Nick Heidl

Offline Nick HeidlTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2022, 12:33:15 pm »
Hi, yes Mango Kid are the scripts I was looking at.  But how do you run a script?

Online wasedadoc

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2022, 03:46:54 pm »
Hi, yes Mango Kid are the scripts I was looking at.  But how do you run a script?
Scripts with a ".py" extension are python programs.  Use your favourite search engine to find how to run python programs on whatever computer and OS you are using.  You many need to first install Python.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 03:49:51 pm by wasedadoc »

The following users thanked this post: Nick Heidl

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf