Fractal Design Silent Series R2 50mm Cooling Fan FD-FAN-SSR2-50
I used this one in my 1054z.
| Sunon (the one that came built in) | 51.7 dB |
| Fractal | 47.0 dB |
| Scythe | 46.5 dB |
| Gelid | 51.0 dB |
| Evercool | 66 dB |
I got the four fans and did some noise measurements with an iPhone app (SPLnFFT). This was with the fans not yet mounted into the Rigol, just taken out of their boxes and hooked up to 12V.
Sunon (the one that came built in) 51.7 dB Fractal 47.0 dB Scythe 46.5 dB Gelid 51.0 dB Evercool 66 dB
12 volts out of case, might not be the best way to test this. The 1000z doens't seem to run the fan anywhere near full speed, not to mention that the fan design and case shape will interact.
There's a whole lot more than the indicated 4.7db (51.7 - 47) difference in sound level between the original fan and the Fractal after I installed it, but I forgot to make before/after sound level measurements in situ, maybe you can.
I just got a MSO1074Z and the fan is too loud for my taste so I'm going to replace it.
...
Any other/better recommendations, especially ones that are known to work and are noticeably quieter?
Does someone know if the DS1000z has a regulation for teh fan?