Author Topic: Problems with Bitscope Micro/Bitscope logic analyzer software  (Read 1297 times)

Online Martin72Topic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
Problems with Bitscope Micro/Bitscope logic analyzer software
« on: August 31, 2019, 08:01:07 pm »
Hi,

I´d bought a used Bitscope Micro just for fun and today, I want to play around with.

So I installed Bitscope DSO and Bitscope Logic on my dell notebook.
While it seems that bitscope dso works, the bitscope logic freezed/crashed after start.
So I installed it on my pc, same problem.
On both, notebook and pc, the OS is windows10 home.
Maybe this is the problem, did anyone had it too and knows the solution ?

-Martin-

Offline Seedychris

• Contributor
Re: Problems with Bitscope Micro/Bitscope logic analyzer software
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 10:54:13 am »
Hi Martin

Only just saw your post about this. I also purchased a Bitscope micro to play around with a couple of years ago and have experienced similar issues on both Win 7 and Raspberry OS
My intention was to make a portable 20MHz scope for about $400 (AU) Which I achieved using a Hammond case, a Pi 3B+, 7" Touchscreen, BS Micro and an 8000mAH USB battery.

It all works mostly and is about the form factor of a THS-720 TekScope but the touch control in the bitscope software leaves a lot to be desired. I have tried the Arm version 2.8 and 2.9 software and it works until you turn on the cursors (a vital function in my opinion) and as soon as you touch the screen there is a fatal exception and the app closes. This happens in both the DSO and LA software

There has been no updates on the Bitscope website for several years now and v2.9 is still considered a Beta development release. I don't know if they have abandoned the product or not but in its current form its a major disappointment. It does work a little better on a Win desktop machine so I'm going to give the board and probes to my son to use until he can afford a decent bench scope. Will re-purpose the rest of the hardware for something else.

So, I don't have a solution to your original question except to explore a different acquisition device. Plenty of choice these days.

ChrisD

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf