Author Topic: Protek / Unisoft / Seintek C3100 programmable universal counter  (Read 1404 times)

Offline sabiaTopic starter

• Contributor
Protek / Unisoft / Seintek C3100 programmable universal counter
« on: January 13, 2016, 10:06:18 pm »
 I'm considering buying a counter that can measure both absolute frequency, frequency difference and time interval. I need at least 1ppm accuracy and plan to use a fancy universal counter with a 10 MHz GPSDO as an external reference to achieve the accuracy without having to spend lots of money on periodic calibration and an OCXO upgrade.

I have looked at Agilent 53131A and have a 5335A in the lab currently, but it has developed a fault. And I want to upgrade to something that offers RS-232 or USB connectivity and statistics, and so I have looked at some second hand Protek / Unisoft / Seintek C3100 programmable universal counters.

Trouble is, I'm having difficulties assessing if they are any good, and if it's possible to get the software for these. As far as I can tell from the manual .pdf]http://electronicsandbooks.com/eab1/manual/Hardware/P/Protek%20www.protektest.com/C3100%20User%20Manual%20c20041206%20[35].pdf
the software used to come on a floppy disk! Old school stuff! O0

I would love to hear from you EEV bloggers out there if you have any experience with this counter, and alternatively for tips on other units I should consider. My budget for the counter is $500.

Thanks!

The following users thanked this post: TheWaterbug

Offline TheWaterbug

• Contributor

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf