Author Topic: Replacement Knobs, Feet and Fittings for Test Equipment  (Read 6810 times)

Offline 0culus

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics, RF, and TEA Hobbyist
Re: Replacement Knobs, Feet and Fittings for Test Equipment
« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2019, 01:19:11 pm »
I looked through the list at the top of the thread, but didn't see anything (maybe I'm blind  :o ). Has anyone successfully made feet for older style HP gear such as the 8640B sig gen?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 01:21:36 pm by 0culus »

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2019, 01:30:48 pm »
I looked through the list at the top of the thread, but didn't see anything (maybe I'm blind  :o ). Has anyone successfully made feet for older style HP gear such as the 8640B sig gen?

Not sure but I think you will find them to be the pushbutton types like this one TerraOperative was working on https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/replacement-knobs-feet-and-fittings-for-test-equipment/msg2266131/#msg2266131

Also adding my 60's/70's HP Logo files here as they will be less lost than in TEA  :palm: SVG File in the zip.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 02:04:24 pm by beanflying »
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order :)

The following users thanked this post: 0culus

Online BravoV

• Super Contributor
« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2019, 04:22:58 pm »
Rhode & Shwarz

Foot, Extra Rubber Foot Bumper for multiple models DaJMasta https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3453904

Just fyi, this feet don't fit in my Rohde & Schwarz SML 03 siggen.  :'(

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
« Reply #128 on: June 03, 2019, 05:21:11 am »
I posted a video link showing this 121GW tilt stand extension in the 121GW Discussion thread and have now included a direct link to the item as well. This is not my product so if you use it be sure to give credit and thanks to the person who did the work.   

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3666409

The following users thanked this post: beanflying

Offline VK5RC

• Supporter
« Reply #129 on: June 09, 2019, 04:02:42 pm »
Thanks beanflying for this great resource - some of my HP and one TI calculator files
Battery door and catch for HP 41CV printer HP 82143A
HP 34702A Foot
TI Calculator Battery Door
Catch for the HP Classic calculator battery door - they break a lot

Edit : Zip Files separated
      Thanks again beanflying :-+
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 05:02:20 pm by VK5RC »
Whoah! Watch where that landed we might need it later.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #130 on: June 09, 2019, 04:11:24 pm »
Thanks beanflying for this great resource - some of my HP and one TI calculator files
Battery door and catch for HP 41CV printer HP 82143A
HP 34702A Foot
TI Calculator Battery Door
Catch for the HP Classic calculator battery door - they break a lot

Can you maybe split the Zip so the contents are easier to link to or know what is inside? Doesn't need top be separate posts just maybe edit the one above then I will add them individually into the index posts.

The following users thanked this post: VK5RC

Offline salvagedcircuitry

• Regular Contributor
  • Electrical Engineer | Hobbyist | Camera Enthusiast
    • salvagedcircuitry
« Reply #131 on: June 12, 2019, 03:50:24 am »
Hey guys. I ran into some broken Xantrex XPH power supplies with missing output buttons. I've attached the CAD in stl for 3d printing the button.
These buttons should work on several sorensen / xantrex / tti model power supplies.
Here's what it looks like on the front panel now (the black button in the bottom right corner)
The measurements were taken with a caliper on an OEM button from another psu.

The plastic button is a press-in install. You don't need to remove the front panel of the PSU to install it. The PSU uses a latched output button like old 90s computers. The button stalk is even similar in size.

The part is tiny (less than 0.5in x 0.25in x 0.25in size) and should only take minutes to 3d print.
There are (2) files attached. One features a perfectly cylindrical button and the other has a 1 degree draft.
The OEM output button has a 2 degree draft, but it is purely cosmetic and may cause problems in 3d printing when printing from the side of the smaller diameter.
Ideally, you want to print from the side of the button without the hole so you don't need to clear any support material.

Let me know what you think!  8)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 03:57:57 am by salvagedcircuitry »
SalvagedCircuitry
www.salvagedcircuitry.com

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #132 on: June 13, 2019, 02:24:21 pm »
Hey guys. I ran into some broken Xantrex XPH power supplies with missing output buttons. I've attached the CAD in stl for 3d printing the button.
These buttons should work on several sorensen / xantrex / tti model power supplies.
Here's what it looks like on the front panel now (the black button in the bottom right corner)
The measurements were taken with a caliper on an OEM button from another psu.

The plastic button is a press-in install. You don't need to remove the front panel of the PSU to install it. The PSU uses a latched output button like old 90s computers. The button stalk is even similar in size.

The part is tiny (less than 0.5in x 0.25in x 0.25in size) and should only take minutes to 3d print.
There are (2) files attached. One features a perfectly cylindrical button and the other has a 1 degree draft.
The OEM output button has a 2 degree draft, but it is purely cosmetic and may cause problems in 3d printing when printing from the side of the smaller diameter.
Ideally, you want to print from the side of the button without the hole so you don't need to clear any support material.

Let me know what you think!  8)

Depending on the space on the top of the button or hole as the case may be model in a 45 degree chamfer is an easy way to avoid needing support material to keep a desired bed orientation. I use this sort of solution fairly often and if you run 0.1mm layers you can push this to nearly 60 degree overhangs without major sagging.

The following users thanked this post: salvagedcircuitry

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #133 on: June 13, 2019, 02:33:10 pm »
My turn to play with the 121GW with a Magnetic and webbing loop hanger.

The webbing one has been printed and works great and I am waiting on magnets for the other but the modded end should print fine.

6 layers all round, 40% infill, supported on the bed only works fine at 0.2mm layers. While PLA works consider using PETG as it is tougher for impacts and the release catch will flex easier. Print it on edge as the STL in the Zip files below.

Magnet source - eBay auction: #183364882157 20x10mm with 5mm countersunk bore. Also needed is a 5x18mm screw and nyloc nut (or nut and lockwasher)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 03:23:32 pm by beanflying »

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #134 on: June 22, 2019, 07:56:34 pm »
Fluke 5440B/510x/850x feet. - cross posted from a WTB thread so it doesn't get lost.

Where else would I be on a wet and cold Saturday afternoon. I was going for a bike ride then 7 degrees and falling my brain made other decisions and there was beer.  ::)

Obviously not an identical clone but one that leans toward easy printing and matching heights of the real one. Print them on their side for strength on the pips that go into the case. 0.2mm layers with bed only support worked fine.

I have made it to take these 12x12x5.8mm feet readily available on evilbay eBay auction: #143252416915 which like the real one lifts the feet clear of the bench but then stops it from clipping over the side of a unit under it.

STL is in the Zip file.

The following users thanked this post: salvagedcircuitry

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf