Products > Test Equipment

Replacement probes for DMM6500

(1/4) > >>

guymo:
By some quirk of fate I have ended up the lucky owner of a DMM6500. It is far too much meter for my needs but I'll take it... It came with no probes.

To my surprise the shrouds of the probes I use on my handheld meter are too large to fit the terminals. I cannot seem to find drawings or specifications of the terminals or of probe shrouds anywhere so it is hard to know in advance whether a particular set of probes would fit, so I am asking here.

Do you have any recommendations for appropriate, good quality, general purpose probes please? The Keithley 1754 set which is ordinarily supplied with the meter seems a little pricey (£90) as well as being out of stock.

Obviously I could cut the shrouds off my existing probes but I'd prefer not to.

What about Agilent/Keysight probes (34138A)?
Or probemaster e.g. 8018?

Thanks in advance!

IAmBack:
I got a pair of probes named BST 050 JP from aliexpress and replaced plugs to ones that I've bought somewhere in China (I can upload image of "modified" plugs if You wish - they fit very well). Probes itself poseses very sharp electrodes.

coromonadalix:
Not bragging   but i would choose very good quality probes for such a meter, surely able to find the right shroud ???

EX: if you do 4x probes measurements  the cable impedances could be a nuisance ...

I would buy  originals Fluke, Keysight or HP Agilent era ones too ... probes who are very flexible at 20amps of current with very low ohms resistances

my 2 cents

IAmBack:
Not to defend my choice, but 4x (i understand 4 terminal) measurement is something that eliminates effect of cable/terminal/clamp resistance, isn't it?

guymo:

--- Quote from: IAmBack on October 18, 2021, 01:11:53 pm ---I got a pair of probes named BST 050 JP from aliexpress and replaced plugs to ones that I've bought somewhere in China (I can upload image of "modified" plugs if You wish - they fit very well). Probes itself poseses very sharp electrodes.

--- End quote ---

Thanks. For clarity, I understand that I can replace the connectors on the end of an arbitrary set of probes with banana plugs to fit; I'm asking because I'd like to find a set of probes that works unmodified, not for any particularly good reason :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version