Author Topic: REVIEW - Rigol MSO5000. Tests, bugs, questions  (Read 3464 times)

Offline AngusBeef

• Regular Contributor
Re: REVIEW - Rigol MSO5000. Tests, bugs, questions
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2019, 03:18:46 am »
This is a much better topic to post this than the hacking thread.

While some users reported 04.08 correct their overshoot/undershoot problems, the official readme in 04.08 does not specifically state this particular fix.

I presume you adjusted your probes with the reference signal, and did a self-cal after the upgrade?  As the upgrade alone will not fix the problem.

This issue seem to be hardware related, as it only affects certain users.  I don't have this problem even with 04.04 on all four channels, so I cannot test whether 04.08 makes a difference.

The word is Rigol is aware of this issues a few months back, and they are working on a firmware fix for it.  The question is whether it is fully implemented in 04.08, or you have to wait for a future release.  If it persists, you may want to let Rigol know so they can help you to fix it.

Thanks - removed from the other post - I've only got it on one channel, the other 3 look a hair undercompensated when it's as good as I can get it, so my fear is that it's a hardware issue...it's just disappointing that the new toy isn't perfect - but it's a Rigol so it happens. I'll get ahold of them and see what I can do. Thanks!

Offline AngusBeef

• Regular Contributor
Re: REVIEW - Rigol MSO5000. Tests, bugs, questions
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2019, 08:50:36 am »
Used the lfcal.hex from @mabl, backed up both the lfcal.hex from /default and /data then overwrote both of them and my issue with overcompensation went away.  :-+

Self-cal completed, I can get still get all 4 probes compensated correctly - no ringing, no overshooting, etc.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 08:52:39 am by AngusBeef »

The following users thanked this post: thm_w

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf