Author Topic: New toy: Itech IT8512+ Electronic Load  (Read 20736 times)

Offline romantao

• Contributor
Re: New toy: Itech IT8512+ Electronic Load
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2015, 10:17:52 am »
This post caught my attention to the maynuo electronic loads.

Can someone tell me the difference between the Maynuo M9712 and the M9812?

The M9812 has a LED test mode and seems to have the same functionalities of the M9712. However, according to the distributor http://www.maynuo.eu/, it is like 2/3 of the price of M9712. Somehow i'm missing something... ( more for less? )

Regards

Offline georges80

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2015, 04:08:06 pm »
This post caught my attention to the maynuo electronic loads.

Can someone tell me the difference between the Maynuo M9712 and the M9812?

The M9812 has a LED test mode and seems to have the same functionalities of the M9712. However, according to the distributor http://www.maynuo.eu/, it is like 2/3 of the price of M9712. Somehow i'm missing something... ( more for less? )

Regards

When I was looking to make a decision, they appeared to be the same unit with just the LED load functionality added into the M9812. I've found I never use the LED mode since it doesn't stabilize well on many of my LED driver tests (slow oscillation). Using it a just a constant voltage load works much better and worst case I just add more capacitance across the load input lugs depending on the LED driver topology (boost drivers then to be more problematic to stabilize).

In the US (and Ebay listings) the M9812 pricing is typically $20 - $40 less than the M9712, so certainly not 2/3 the price...

I purchased my M9812 on ebay and it was shipped direct from China. Came to around USD$500 delivered.

cheers,
george.

Offline dadler

• Supporter
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2015, 11:15:32 pm »
Anyone know what the warranty is like for these eBay-sourced ITECH/Maynuo units?

It kills me to pay almost twice the price for a BK Precision that is almost the exact same unit.

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2015, 12:33:50 am »
It depends on in what way you can enforce a warranty claim. If you buy something from China the chances on getting a warranty period beyond the time you can file a Paypal claim are slim. If you pay using a credit card you can likely file a warrantly claim with your credit card company and have them sort it out.

However, there are many local dealers for the typical Chinese brands (Siglent, Rigol, Maynuo, etc) which are at the same price level if you include shipping costs and import duties. It may take some Googleling to find them.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 12:36:08 am by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline mcinque

• Supporter
  • I know one thing: that I know nothing
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2015, 12:40:42 pm »
If you want warranty, get it from a local dealer.
I'm basically still a rookie and because of this, even with the best intentions, I often say bullshits

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2015, 04:32:55 pm »
And even then you can find yourself in front of a closed door (as I found out recently). If you have legal assistance insurance it is easier to send a lawyer after local dealer though.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline dadler

• Supporter
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2015, 06:38:58 pm »
Hi there!
Just got this from Ebay, $460 including USB cable and shipping to Norway.
It's a 120V 30A 300W electronic load similar to Maynuo and BK Precision and others.

Pretty happy with the thing so far, but I haven't tested all the features yet.
The supplied software is useless :palm:

Which seller did you buy from? I can't seem to find that unit for the stated price. They seem to be $700+.

Offline Thomas

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2015, 11:36:33 am »

Offline dadler

• Supporter
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2015, 05:04:08 pm »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/High-accuracy-1mV-0-1mA-Programmable-Electronic-Load-300W-120V-30A-Battery-Test-/301546855956?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item463597de14

Not that exact listing, but the same seller.
Note that the communication cable is extra.

Ah thanks. It shows $106 shipping for me. With import duty and the comm cable, that puts it into the $600+ category, which almost wants me to go for the BK Precision 8600 with integrated USB and some other niceties (Although I can't really find any other feedback on the 8600).

Offline Thomas

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2015, 08:42:26 pm »
Yeah, I see your point.
It does look a bit nicer, and a bit more practical with builtin USB and RS232 (hope they are isolated?).
Bet the software is better too.

Offline dadler

• Supporter
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2015, 06:26:49 pm »
Yeah, I see your point.
It does look a bit nicer, and a bit more practical with builtin USB and RS232 (hope they are isolated?).
Bet the software is better too.

Welp, we'll find out soon enough. I pulled the trigger on the BK 8600 (30A/120V 150W version). Will post a teardown when it arrives.

Offline Thomas

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2015, 09:21:07 am »
Great, that will be interesting :)

Offline stuartk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2016, 06:55:56 pm »
I just got one for $420, free shipping from AliExpress. I actually purchased the IT8512A+, that extends the voltage range to 150v. Same cost as the IT8512+

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/FREE-SHIPPING-ITECH-IT8512A-DC-electronic-load-one-way-Programmable-150V-30A-300W/1727580_32521946782.html

Seller was very good. I had it in a week. $24 of extra taxes.
Brand new/pristine , cal certificate, no software

I purchased the cable for $19 offer + $10 shipping:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/151940912486?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I downloaded the software from BK. I would say that it's barely worth the time it takes to install. I've found that there is some sort of error in it as it won't let me enter decimal places in the program. For example if I want to set the constant current to 1.5A, it puts in 2A.

Graph on the PC is OK and worth the cost of the cable...

Offline stuartk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2016, 12:04:43 am »
Bad news,

I tried the new BK 8600 software and it's not compatible with the IT8512A+  :(

It's really too bad as the BK8600 software is much more polished then the BK 8500 software which is compatible. Not too surprising I guess....

Offline blueskull

• Supporter
  • Power Electronics Guy
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2016, 12:13:33 am »
BK PRECISION owns ITECH - in the USA both companies are listed on the same address.

I believe ITECH manufactures power supplies and DC loads for BK Precision under OEM brand.

Other chinese companies have "copied" the design from ITECH as engineers move from company to another and there is no copyright law in practice in china.

It is worth considering to purchase ITECH directly on ebay or aliexpress, but comes with limited warranty as cost doubles in EU.

I have sourced 2 units, one from local distributor in Germany and other from Aliexpress - performance is 100% same

The source from Aliexpress provides only 1 year of warranty ... - more than acceptable I guess.

ITech is a company based in Taiwan and has factory in Suzhou. ITech is fully owned by B&K Precision.
In Asia, they sell under the brand ITech, and in the Western, they sell under the brand B&K Precision.
This is only true for power supplies and electronic loads. Other branches of B&K has no affiliation with ITech.

Asia - B+K Precision Taiwan, Inc., ITECH and Lodestar
Engineers in Asia know us through our ITECH, Lodestar and now our B+K Precision Taiwan brands. Offices in Nanjing and Taipei provide distribution and service throughout Asia, as well as the Middle East and Africa.

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
  • A sociable geek chemist
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2016, 02:37:24 am »
About "who's copying who": the story is that the Engineer that designed the instrument for Itech (now owned by B&K) left the company taking with him all the designs and founded Maynuo.
So the Itech and B&K are replicating the BASIC original design (in fact the Maynuo was for many years the only model with 4 data fields on the screen).
Itech and B&K are the same models with different prices and markings, while the Maynuo seems to be the original design with some improvements.
Anyway, the B&K model is still overpriced compared to Maynuo.
That explains a lot.
Thanks!

There is one more wrinkle to this! Tony Xiao left ITech to work at Array, designing THEIR electronic load (which is actually the first one with the 4 data field display I think), then left and went to found Maynuo. Between iTech, Array and Maynuo you cover a HUGE chunk of the budget electronic load market.

Array Load:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 02:43:29 am by PedroDaGr8 »
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

Offline blueskull

• Supporter
  • Power Electronics Guy
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2016, 02:44:42 am »
Array Load:

I never know Array is still alive. I played with their low end PLC almost 10 years ago.

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
  • A sociable geek chemist
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2016, 02:47:30 am »

I never know Array is still alive. I played with their low end PLC almost 10 years ago.

I think they are a shell of themselves. They don't seem to have released ANYTHING for a while (maybe since said engineer and his crew left). That being said, about a year or two ago I contacted them to get some replacement banana jacks for a power supply of theirs and their sr. sales rep sent me some for free. He actually was really quick at responding too.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf