Author Topic: Rigol 1054Z with DHCP ?  (Read 1780 times)

Offline JohnPiTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Rigol 1054Z with DHCP ?
« on: August 19, 2018, 06:36:49 pm »
My router assigns a DHCP address automatically. I can't get my 1054Z to take one when it boots -- it chooses a 169... one; each time I boot I have to do Utility..IO Setting..LAN Conf..Configure; choose DHCP and Apply.

I can't seem to get the DCHP selection to 'stick' -- is there a trick to this ?

Firmware = 00.04.04.SP3

Offline PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
Re: Rigol 1054Z with DHCP ?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 06:47:47 pm »
Can't you just assign a fixed ip?
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Online Ranayna

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 07:48:08 pm »
A 169.254.x.x IP adress is chosen by a device that is configured to pull an adress from DHCP in the case that the DHCP server is not responding. It is used as a fallback, or for really simple networks when no DHCP server is available.
Is there any kind of firewall in your network? Or maybe a MAC filter?
Assuming you have standard home network, have you already tried connecting the scope directly to your router?

In any case, in my opinion, if you will be using the scope regularly, you should assing a fixed IP. Nothing is more annoying to have to look up the new IP should the DHCP lease expire ;)

Offline JohnPiTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 11:32:38 pm »
My router assigns IPs to all other devices in my network without problems.

The reason to not fix the IP (on the scope) is that if I take it to another location, then the fixed IP won't be appropriate. My router assigned IPs based of MAC address -- so it would get a pre-determined IP address at that site, but at another site, DHCP would work normally -- except I seem to have to do the configuration.

Router = ASUS RT-AC68U, RMerlin firmware. No issues with any other gear

Offline JS

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 05:00:33 am »
I had the same problem with mine, but I use DHCP up to 192.168.0.100 on my networks, for the home PC 101, for the scope it was 102, my own PC 103. I don't see myself using the scope on a different network too often, but the config would work on my usual places as I use the same config, unless something else has 102 in which case I just need to tweak that last number. In many other networks will also work, as DHCP rarely hit 102 and 192.168.0.x/24 is the most usual network with the default gateway as 1.

JS
If I don't know how it works, I prefer not to turn it on.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf