Author Topic: Rigol 1102Z-E for multi-hour data acquisition?  (Read 161 times)

Offline shivahojTopic starter

Rigol 1102Z-E for multi-hour data acquisition?
« on: March 02, 2024, 09:44:12 am »
I want to check Batteries of various chemical compositions for their discharge characteristics.
Usually, their capacity is rated at discharging with a fraction of their capacity, like 0.2*C,
so for a 1 Ah battery, the discharge current would be 0.2*1Ah=200mA, which would discharge that battery in 5 hours.
I have a lot of high-power resistors, so setting up a current sink would not be a problem.

I want to do this data recording on a linux computer, I was thinking of a complex setup with a multimeter measuring that current, a webcam capturing the display, imagemagick to cut away everything but the LCD of that multimeter, and tesseract(a free OCR software) to OCR and append the timestamp and value to a textfile. All that would run at fixed time intervals (say a minute) via a cron or python script.
But I do have a Rigol 1102Z-E scope, how would I query the momentary input voltage via SCPI?
Is there a "Triggerless" mode to do this without having a trigger event?

That would make things a lot easier...
Or how do You guys do this?

Offline RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
Re: Rigol 1102Z-E for multi-hour data acquisition?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2024, 09:55:16 am »
Did something like that:  https://github.com/RoGeorge/DS1054Z_data_logger
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/rigol-ds1054z-saving-logging-values-over-long-duration/msg1077151/#msg1077151

I've used a LAN connection, and it was written/tested for DS1054Z, but should be easy to adapt the Python script to your oscilloscope model if you compare the SCPI commands between both models.  Might just work without any changes at all.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf