Author Topic: Rigol 5000 Bugs.  (Read 3733 times)

Offline mrpacketheadTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
Rigol 5000 Bugs.
« on: January 02, 2019, 04:57:53 pm »
A nice thread so we can put the bugs in the Rigol 5000 over here, and keep the general discussion and hacking threads a little more coherent.
On a quest to find increasingly complicated ways to blink things

The following users thanked this post: tcottle

Offline bmx

• Contributor
Re: Rigol 5000 Bugs.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 05:07:09 pm »
let's start!

get the test signal on CH1 (square, 3V).
Trigger rising slope. The first edge on the left of the screen is, say, rising.

Next, move the trace down, until ... the first edge on the left flips to falling, wtf?

Related: The trigger level don't follow the vertical resolution you chose to change, constant need to adjust the trigger level while zooming.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 05:31:34 pm by bmx »

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 09:27:36 pm »
Ok,
I got 3 ones, mhh…, maybe only one to be fixed and two "nice to have changed" :

Event table (serial decoding) : goes off when pressing the menu back button or any channel button - it should be only setting on/off manually. (Bug)

Math function filters : Lowest cutoff frequency depends on the timebase-setting, it´s too high to display a filtered signal (i.e. lowpass function) proper. (could be a bug)

Pulsewidth modulation signal couldn´t be stable displayed, it always "jitters" as if the trigger level wasn´t correct adjusted (not sure if this is a bug or a missing feature)

Carry on...

« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 11:01:06 pm by Martin72 »

Offline dren.dk

• Regular Contributor
  • Software developer, dabbling in electronics
    • Dren.dk
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 03:26:02 pm »
Just got my MSO5072 and upgraded it, so far the most offensive thing about it is the fan noise which will get replaced as soon as I can buy a proper one.

Offline dren.dk

• Regular Contributor
  • Software developer, dabbling in electronics
    • Dren.dk
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 06:30:15 pm »
Here's a bug I have not seen anybody talk about yet: Editing settings for email is completely broken, it seems like the retarded UI wants you to enter each word individually and then put punctuation in afterwards, so there are two different input fields, one for the value you're trying to edit and another one for the word that's being entered.

Whoever made that atrocious UI should be broken on the wheel!

Anyway once I was done wading though setting up the mail I could not make it work, because it seems there's only one particular smtp server configuration supported: Without TLS (wtf) and with login.

It seems the UI creates /rigol/data/email/etc/msmtprc every time it needs to send an email and then it invokes /rigol/data/email/bin/msmtp with the config file, which means that it's possible to test the email configuration using something like this:

<root@rigol>echo Test | ./msmtp -C ../etc/msmtprc foo@example.com
msmtp: the server does not support authentication
msmtp: could not send mail (account default from ../etc/msmtprc)

The above error is what you get when you try to use a plain smtp server that doesn't want any authentication.

I see no way to turn off authentication via the UI.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf