Author Topic: Rigol and Siglent - a suggestion  (Read 3505 times)

Offline devannoTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Old newbie
Rigol and Siglent - a suggestion
« on: January 17, 2015, 06:29:58 pm »
I find that there are times when I need to take my oscilloscopes or other test gear "into the field" to diagnose a problem on something that's too large to transport to my bench.  Perhaps you already have these and I just haven't found them, but some form of a strap on or clip on front protector, especially for gear with push-knobs and LED/LCD screens would be handy and make transport or even on-bench protection when not in use easier.

Thoughts?  Others please chime in if you think this would be handy or not.  Perhaps I'm the only screwball out here thinking this. 
Free Electrons - Just one, please.

Offline donmr

• Regular Contributor
  • W7DMR
Re: Rigol and Siglent - a suggestion
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 06:42:25 pm »
Don't fool around with cheap covers, you can get a rugged, waterproof and well padded case like a Pelican brand for a fraction of what you paid for your gear.  OK maybe for $399 scope you can go with something a little cheaper but even that should go in a solid sealed box.

• Regular Contributor
  • Old newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 06:45:43 pm »
Don't fool around with cheap covers, you can get a rugged, waterproof and well padded case like a Pelican brand for a fraction of what you paid for your gear.  OK maybe for $399 scope you can go with something a little cheaper but even that should go in a solid sealed box.

In fact, I have a Pelican case... but you're still packing foam around those controls... in fact, I wanted the covers for the gear for when I put it in the Pelican case, so in this case, a "cheap" cover would just make me rest easier. :-)

Offline MartyD

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 06:48:02 pm »

Original Siglent Accessoire, $20, lots of compartments for probes, etc. and it offers good protection.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 06:52:34 pm by MartyD »

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 06:53:58 pm »
Siglent do a padded soft carry bag with several pockets, carry handles and a shoulder strap.
It offers quite good protection and sufficent storage for probes, leads manuals etc.

AFAIK ony the SDS1000 series.
I can't find it on their website, but owners should inquire with their supplier.

MartyD has posted a photo and saved me the trouble.  ;)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

• Regular Contributor
  • Old newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 07:10:46 pm »
Thanks, guys... I couldn't find those bags via my suppliers... should have looked harder, I guess. :-)   But I do have that big Pelican case.. maybe I'll just make a quick "safety" face out of some cardboard.  Really, I'm more concerned about snagging on the foam inside the case and damaging the instrument by so snagging than the real transporting concern.  I suppose wrapping 'em in a huge anti-static bag would also do the trick... now that I think about it.   :palm:

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 07:18:20 pm »
Thanks, guys... I couldn't find those bags via my suppliers... should have looked harder, I guess. :-)   But I do have that big Pelican case.. maybe I'll just make a quick "safety" face out of some cardboard.  Really, I'm more concerned about snagging on the foam inside the case and damaging the instrument by so snagging than the real transporting concern.  I suppose wrapping 'em in a huge anti-static bag would also do the trick... now that I think about it.   :palm:
The Siglent bag has stiff padded walls, and lined so won't snag except on sharp objects and there aren't any on the scope.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Pjotr

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 07:35:57 pm »
Rigol too has its own range of carry bags. I got one free with my DS2102  8)

Offline commongrounder

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 08:41:18 pm »
DS4000 (MSO4000, too?) series scopes come with a snap on thick plastic front cover.  That, with a decent carry bag, or case, would be good protection.  For me, though, I keep it tied to my bench and use battery powered portable o'scopes in the field.  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf