Author Topic: Rigol Clearance  (Read 1393 times)

Offline ptluisTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Rigol Clearance
« on: October 18, 2021, 11:23:22 am »
I'm planning on buying a new scope and found the Rigol Clearance center, does anybody have recent experiences purchasing used oscilloscopes from them? I don't find much info about it.

Offline TurboTom

• Super Contributor
Re: Rigol Clearance
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 04:43:38 pm »
I bought twice there, once with some consultation on the phone beforehand. I was treated very friendly and competently, so nothing to complain at all. IMO, most of the offers aren't too stellar bargain-wise, but of course YMMV. Especially considering that shipping expenses may be quite high while other dealers offer free shipping within the EU, the clearance center may not always be a good option. It may also be worth asking dealerships for a "special price". The two instruments I bought there were really well priced, saving me some 300...500 euros each. The condition of the instruments was immaculate, they clearly had been taken out of their boxes, but there weren't any traces of use to be found. I guess they had been used as display items on a trade fair or the like.  But once again, price-wise you've got to compare well before you buy. Best of luck  :)

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 06:07:53 pm »
Thank you for the reply. That's what I've been doing this days. I have found a difference in price between stores of about 100€ on same model. Rigol has this promotion for the ds1102z-e but I'm more interested in 200MHz bandwidth and since this model isn't hackable it's not my priority, otherwise I'll go for the ds1054z.

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2021, 06:27:52 pm »
Thank you for the reply. That's what I've been doing this days. I have found a difference in price between stores of about 100€ on same model. Rigol has this promotion for the ds1102z-e but I'm more interested in 200MHz bandwidth and since this model isn't hackable it's not my priority, otherwise I'll go for the ds1054z.

The 1202Z-E should be cheaper than the DS1054Z.

The following users thanked this post: ptluis

Online rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2021, 07:33:17 pm »
My experience is similar to TurboTom's, although I did this a while ago (six years) and I am located in the US. In my particular case, I got my DS4014 oscilloscope in very good condition with four new 500MHz passive probes for about US$1000 less than the retail price.
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

The following users thanked this post: ptluis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2021, 11:25:01 pm »

The 1202Z-E should be cheaper than the DS1054Z.

Yes it is and is supplied with 350MHz probes  :-+

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2021, 11:27:14 pm »
My experience is similar to TurboTom's, although I did this a while ago (six years) and I am located in the US. In my particular case, I got my DS4014 oscilloscope in very good condition with four new 500MHz passive probes for about US$1000 less than the retail price.

I realized that sometimes there are some "bonus" on the available equipment's. I haven't decided yet, I'm in between Siglent and Rigol

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf