Author Topic: Rigol DG1022Z can't connect to UltraWave  (Read 2712 times)

Offline slloydTopic starter

• Contributor
    • EV Power Designs
Rigol DG1022Z can't connect to UltraWave
« on: July 26, 2018, 03:43:14 am »
I'd like to use Rigol DG1022Z for arbitrary waveform but as i found out AFTER i purchased the unit.. you can't realistically create waveforms from the front display you have to connect to a PC.  grrrr!!!  so i downloaded UltraSigma and installed.  connected to USB and it auto found the generator and communicating to the port read & write was successful.  I downlaoded UltraWave and installed.  reboot computer.  run as administrator.. try as i may, i can not get ultrawave to connect.  I have selected USB.  but nothing.  open up UltraSigma again, right click on the Generator hope to see in the drop down menu UltraWave as an option.. its not there.

Rigol>Utility>GPIO i see USB ID: USB0 and then a bunch of numbers & letters. same as found on UltraWave (see picture).  but it just "can't connect" 

I'm running Windows 10.

any ideas?
Does your project need a high performance motor drive? Let's talk!
www.powerdesigns.ca
Do you like our work? Support Axiom to win the 2019 Hackaday Prize!

Offline SteveOregon

• Contributor
Re: Rigol DG1022Z can't connect to UltraWave
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 04:20:04 am »
Not sure your problem is exactly the same as mine.  Just recently, I also had trouble getting my new Rigol DS2102E to show up in the drop-down box on UltraSigma, and then connect to the Ultra Scope panel on my computer. I eventually figured it out - and made a Word doc for myself with instructions (for future reference).  See if this doc file helps.

Edit: In looking at your 2nd picture, looks like you see the USB "device", so not sure your issue is the same as mine.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5de1p8i0sgz1jgp/How_To_Start-Up_Ultra_Sigma_and_Ultra_Scope.doc/file
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 04:25:41 am by SteveOregon »

• Contributor
    • EV Power Designs
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 01:10:47 am »
didn't work for me, but i really appreciate the help. 

what i notice in Ultrawave, yes it sees the USB connection and obviously i select it and hit OK.  try to connect and nothing.  but when i open the "communication" menu again the place where i expect to see the USB connection is blank!  so i use pull-down menu to select it again.  doesn't connect.  check communication window, USB is blank!!
www.powerdesigns.ca

Offline CustomEngineerer

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 03:23:26 am »
Try a (or several) different USB cable. I had similar issues with the long, cheap USB cable I had originally bought to be able to connect it to my computer on the other side of the desk. Looking in windows hardware properties would show it had connected, but UltraSigma couldn't actually communicate with it until I switched cables.

• Contributor
    • EV Power Designs
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 07:58:14 am »
new cable did not work.  i'm using the one that came with the device so i'm kinda glad trying a different cable did not work. lol

i have communication between generator and UltraSigma and SCPI communication works. 
the problem is UltraWave does not seem to remember that i have selected USB.  UltraWave does not connect to generator.  and UltraSigma does not ever show an option to connect to UltraWave
www.powerdesigns.ca

• Contributor
    • EV Power Designs
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2018, 06:52:11 pm »
is it a problem because i'm running windows 10?
www.powerdesigns.ca

Offline eevin

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2022, 09:24:22 pm »
Any improvements?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf