Products > Test Equipment

Rigol DG4162 Amplitude Inaccuracies

(1/8) > >>

StubbornGreek:
I recently purchased a DG4162 and overall I do like the instrument but here's some FYI:

Here's what a 2Vpp sine wave looks like starting at 50MHz (where the signal displays just proud of the 2Vpp). At 65MHz, you'll notice the wave registers just under the 2Vpp then a bit lower at 66MHz (20mV lower). By 70MHz the error has become a bit gross, at 100MHz its displaying almost a 25% error and at 160MHz...

I'm not finding much else to criticize but jeez.

Rerouter:
are you sure your scope is not contributing some of that loss of amplitude? you failed to mention the model of scope

EV:
Are you using a 1:10 probe? Try direct BNC cable with 50 ohm feed thru terminator.

StubbornGreek:

--- Quote from: Rerouter on March 17, 2013, 05:28:29 am ---are you sure your scope is not contributing some of that loss of amplitude? you failed to mention the model of scope

--- End quote ---

Scope is a Rigol DS2202 but I get the same results on my Owon - using the second channel on either scope doesn't change anything either.

--- Quote from: EV on March 17, 2013, 06:01:15 am ---Are you using a 1:10 probe? Try direct BNC cable with 50 ohm feed thru terminator.

--- End quote ---

No probe, just a direct BNC cable (I tried more than one). The results are the same with the cable terminated at 50 Ohms and with a direct cable (no termination) and the FG set to High-Z.

EV:
Here results with my DG4162 generator and DS2202 scope:

In the first picture is sweep from 1 MHz to 160 MHz using Rigol 50 ohm feed tru terminator. DG4162 output is set to 50 ohm. The change between max and min level is under 1 dB ( 12 % ) and compared to 1 MHz level the change is under 0.5 dB ( 6 % ).

In the second picture is the same sweep with T-Adapter and 50 ohm terminator. There is no change in the curve, if feed thru terminator is used.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version