Author Topic: Rigol DHO800/900 bugs  (Read 283 times)

Online eTobeyTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Rigol DHO800/900 bugs
« on: March 16, 2024, 07:53:47 am »
I thought it would be a good thing, to create a list of bugs, so that user know what they buy, and rigol could fix things. Also other can try to recreate those.

This is supposed to be a list of bugs, and NOT a diskussion. Please use for questions the private messages! Posts can then be updated/clarified (or deleted if proven no bug).

Please add your model number!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 07:58:58 am by eTobey »
"Sometimes, after talking with a person, you want to pet a dog, wave at a monkey, and take off your hat to an elephant." (Maxim Gorki)

Online eTobeyTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Rigol DHO800/900 bugs
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2024, 07:54:42 am »
DHO814:
Random triggers on single and timeout:
It does it too, when in the ns scale, so there are no spikes to find.
It happens after 1 to 5.7 seconds (4s average). Noise reject does not help, and changing the level has semingly no effect.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 08:11:12 am by eTobey »
"Sometimes, after talking with a person, you want to pet a dog, wave at a monkey, and take off your hat to an elephant." (Maxim Gorki)

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
Re: Rigol DHO800/900 bugs
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2024, 08:25:39 am »
There is an existing bug report thread: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/rigol-dho800900-oscilloscope-bug-reports-firmware/

It has been littered with side discussions etc., so I understand the desire to have a "clean", bug reports only, thread. But I don't think the "no questions and discussions please!" approach is going to work. There will be unclear reports, false reports (operator error) etc., multiple people may have comments/questions/clarifications, and sorting all that out by PM will be a nightmare.

If you want to put in the effort and keep an organized bug list, I would prefer the following: Allow discussions in the thread, but regularly update the first post to make it a concise, up-to-date list of known bugs. (And, ideally, bugs fixed in the various firmware releases -- Rigol's release notes are known to be incomplete.) Still a significant effort and commitment, but better than managing a very busy PM inbox, I think...

Oh, and I would not bank on Rigol reading this thread, or even acting upon it. The only known instance where they responded to an EEVblog bug report was nine years ago, and that was in response to a very visible EEVblog video on PLL jitter.

The following users thanked this post: thm_w

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf