Author Topic: Rigol DHO814 HDMI output  (Read 376 times)

Offline TubeomanTopic starter

Rigol DHO814 HDMI output
« on: March 06, 2024, 10:33:19 pm »
I recently purchased a Rigol DHO814 oscilloscope and tried to connect my HP Z24i as an external monitor. The cable is a HDMI -> DVI for the input on the monitor (no HDMI input on this monitor).
The Rigol scope will not switch on its HDMI output unless I unplug and replug the cable and then everything is fine, but this will eventually ware out the HDMI connector. It would be much better if there is some menu entry by which I can enable the HDMI output, but I cannot find this menu point - maybe you can.
The DVI connector has a full house of pins and is of high quality.
Do you have any suggestions - thanks.

Offline danno_cj

Re: Rigol DHO814 HDMI output
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2024, 10:49:09 am »
I see two possible solutions: extension cable or HDMI splitter.

The following users thanked this post: Tubeoman

Offline TubeomanTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2024, 11:49:32 am »
Just to let you know, it seems that the HP Z24i monitor does not communicate properly with the Rigol DHO814 scope on when to switch on the monitor display.
I connected an older Lenovo ThinkVison monitor using the exact same HDMI to DVI cable and this monitor automatically recognizes the signaling and starts as it is supposed to.
I don't know whether it is the Rigol or the HP Z24i that has the problem, but it works now with the Lenovo monitor!

Offline luma

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2024, 11:56:31 am »
I wonder if a cheap EDID emulator might resolve the problem, eg https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BR7N9CBS

No idea if that specific one is any good, just a random result to demonstrate.  It does somewhat align with your description of the problem, you might not be getting EDID from your monitor.

The following users thanked this post: Tubeoman

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf