Author Topic: Rigol DM3058E temperature measurement?  (Read 1670 times)

Dave92F1

Rigol DM3058E temperature measurement?
« on: September 09, 2018, 03:28:19 pm »
Supposedly this DMM has presets for a Type K thermocouple. http://int.rigol.com/File/TechDoc/20151201/DM3058_DataSheet_EN.pdf even says "Thermocouple Cold Terminal compensation is built in the multimeter" (sic).

Anybody here know how to use this? I read the manual and I can't figure it out.

I've done:

Sensor>Property>Type>Thermocouple
  Sensor>Property>Unit>Degrees C

When I hit "DONE" it says "Please set Para first" (which makes sense, I haven't told it it's a Type K yet).

The manual says to press "TC>Type" and "TC>JUNC", but I can't find these in the menus.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 03:34:40 pm by Dave92F1 »

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
Re: Rigol DM3058E temperature measurement?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 03:57:16 pm »
Go to Sensor - Load - select file KITS90 - Read. I just tried it with a type K thermocouple and it works.  :)

The other method you were doing let's you input your own parameters for the sensor.
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Dave92F1

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 04:00:59 pm »
That wasn't in the manual.

But it works!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 04:07:50 pm »

Just think of us as the manual within the manual.  :-DD
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline TheCalligrapher

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2023, 11:30:25 pm »
Go to Sensor - Load - select file KITS90 - Read. I just tried it with a type K thermocouple and it works.  :)

Um... Not sure what this is in reference to. DM3058 does not come with any sensor files preloaded in its Save/Load storage. There's no such thing as "file KITS90".

Supposedly this DMM has presets for a Type K thermocouple. http://int.rigol.com/File/TechDoc/20151201/DM3058_DataSheet_EN.pdf even says "Thermocouple Cold Terminal compensation is built in the multimeter" (sic).

Anybody here know how to use this? I read the manual and I can't figure it out.

I've done:

Sensor>Property>Type>Thermocouple
  Sensor>Property>Unit>Degrees C

The manual says to press "TC>Type" and "TC>JUNC", but I can't find these in the menus.

Yes, once you've entered the "Temperature" section, you will see a "Type" submenu. Hit "Type", select "TC" and you will see another "Type" and "Junc" selection. (Yes, "Type" again). Hit "Type" and you will be offered a choice of one-letter sensor types. Select "K" there and return one level up.
Now, if you wish, you can enter "Junc" submenu and select either internal cold junction compensation (default) or enter a compensation value manually. Again, internal compensation is the default, so if you are happy with that you don't need to enter "Junc" submenu.

Once you finished the sensor setup, you have to hit "Apply" to actually activate the sensor mode. Optionally, you can save the setup to a file inside the multimeter.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 02:45:52 am by TheCalligrapher »

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2023, 12:58:48 am »

Um... Not sure what this is in reference to. DM3058 does not come with any sensor files preloaded in its Save/Load storage. There's no such thing as "file KITS90".

Offline TheCalligrapher

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2023, 02:48:09 am »
OK, apparently, I managed to misread one digit. What I said applies to DM3068. And you were talking about DM3058. Mea culpa.

P.S. Next time get DM3068. 'Cause that's what I use  :)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 07:02:14 pm by TheCalligrapher »

The following users thanked this post: xrunner

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf